Two things!

Before we head into the weekend:

1. There a post you may not have read yet over at my mag blog, this one about how “suspicious packages” keep getting detonated here in Pittsburgh and why it makes me sad.

Also, if you leave your backpack on the bus, I just want you to know that I’ll give it to the driver instead of calling in the robots that like to blow shit up.

2. I’ll be guest-bartending at Rock the Streets tomorrow at 7:00 p.m. at the Shadow Lounge, benefiting the region’s homeless:

Come and support Pittsburgh’s less fortunate through programs supported by Community Human Services. Saturday the 12th ‘Burgh VIP’s will gather at the Shadow Lounge for a Jazz and Tapas hour sponsored by Tusca and Rivertowne North Shore. A donation of $30.00 (all proceeds benefit CHS) gets you admission into the Jazz and Tapas VIP Hour with guest bartenders: Bill Peduto of Pittsburgh City Council, Sean McDowell of WDVE, Dr. Kristin Jones of UPMC and announcing Virginia Montanez also known as PittGirl.

After that, general admission is only $15.

If you’re coming to the event, please stop and say hi. Especially because Bill Peduto might be having a few choice words with me seeing as he and Doug Shields are good friends. EEK! I think I have officially pissed off all of city council by now.

I’ve never met Sean McDowell before. Is he a big guy? Maybe I can hide behind him.

1. Al
    June 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Have you ever seen WKRP in Cincinnati?

Sean McDowell is pretty much the living embodiment Dr. Johnny Fever.

2. Bob M
    June 11, 2010 3:19 pm

You could hide in Sean’s chest hair. :)

3. Bill Peduto
    June 11, 2010 5:05 pm

When have I ever been anything but nice to anyone? Well, except for certain politicians… and people who try to rip off the Burgh… and polluters… and the Philadelphia Flyers. All right, you have a point – but I promise I will be nice to you -it will be a fun event for a great cause!

4. KSWA Trapper
    June 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Ginny,

Bill is perhaps a friend of Doug Shields, but I’d be surprised if he was anything but pleasant and courteous to you and your pals. Heck, he’s nice to me and I’m a Republican.

Anyhoo, the Keystone State Wrestling Alliance is holding an event at the same time (Bill is our “offical councilman” after sponsoring our 10th anniversary proclamation earlier this year), so I won’t be there. However, I do look forward to running into you one of these days.

Trapper, KSWA Ring Announcer and all around cool dude.

5. Luke Steelerstahl
    June 11, 2010 5:43 pm

“I think I have officially pissed off all of city council by now.”

F those jerks

6. HorseShoeBend
    June 12, 2010 2:59 pm

As to city council – well the truth hurts – keep bringing it. Check and balances ya know.

As to PittGirl – WOW. I grew up on North Side, went to Pitt, and now live too far away (damn work) to attend events where your guest bartending.

Are us guys allowed to have self united wives? I’m old school so I officially self unite with you and that being the case no other guy is allowed to claim the same. :)

7. BeauJacques
    June 12, 2010 3:24 pm

I was approx 13 yrs old when I figured out that if God didn’t want us to “self-unite” he would have made our arms shorter!

8. HorseShowBend
    June 13, 2010 12:37 pm

Geez Louise BoJacks. While that’s funny I really wasn’t going down that path. I really just think she’s great with humour, special via charities, and just plain fun (and yes definitely a hottie). Thanks for the laugh though. Take Care.

9. BeauJacques
    June 13, 2010 2:22 pm

For the record:
    I wasn’t going down that particular path either!

Ginny is like the sister I never had, (although I always wanted one about 2-4 yrs younger so I could hit on her friends) and proly doesn’t want to be either! :-)

Just my take on general male “self-unification!”