A weather rant.

It is raining and that is just stupid.

Because last week when I looked at the forecast for this past weekend, it looked fantastic.

Intermittent clouds, is what the forecast said. Intermittent clouds and 84 degrees. I was excited.

By Friday, the weather forecast for the weekend changed to thunderstorms. I was sad.

But Monday was looking great with intermittent clouds and 84. I was excited again!

Today is Monday. It is raining. Where, oh, where have the intermittent clouds gone, Mr. Weather Forecaster?

Did you make them up? Were they never headed this way at all and you just wanted to punk us into thinking we were getting a few days of practically cloudless skies? Did some cumulonimbus clouds come and eat the intermittent clouds like they were delicious fluffy snickerdoodles?

All I know is this, “Mr. Weather Forecaster,” if that is indeed your real name, Thursday and Friday better knock my flip-flops off with so much sun, it scorches my corneas.

1. SpudMom
    June 14, 2010 12:14 pm

It’s The Arts Festival. It’s going to rain. How long have you lived here again? ;)

2. gunnlino
    June 14, 2010 12:35 pm

@ SpudMom; You got it correct !

3. Legallypgh(Kathy)
    June 14, 2010 1:14 pm

All I know is I wish I could get the job of weather person, or any other job where I am publicly WRONG at least 80% of the time, and I still get to keep working.

4. Sooska
    June 14, 2010 1:16 pm

The Arts Festival is over-yesterday. It isn’t raining in the East End where I am at 1:10 pm. It is humid, “close,” as my grandparents used to say and threatening but yeah. I am sick of rain.

Some time ago we had partial season tickets to BoS, before they were the BoS. One summer we had a veritable drought here and we went to our first game of the season in mid-July, a delightful summer evening. Of course a half hour before the first pitch a stupendous thunderstorm rolled in for the first rain (read tropical downpour) in about 2 months.

You cannot in.

5. Sooska
    June 14, 2010 1:17 pm

well you can “in,” but not “win. *sigh*

6. Jake
    June 14, 2010 1:26 pm

“…so much sun, it scorches my corneas”

For a native Pittsburgher any amount of prolonged exposure to sunlight has cornea scorching potential. Avoid at all costs.

7. Duncan
    June 14, 2010 1:39 pm

This is Pittsburgh – come on… you just know the weather is unpredictable more than 24 hours out.

Personally, I blame my neighbor on the bad weather because he just bought a new motorcycle…

June 14, 2010 1:50 pm

I blame that lying bee-atch Julie Bologna. It’s her fault she doesn’t wear bikinis on the air.

What? Well, it might not make her a better forecaster, but I would care a lot less when she’s wrong.

9. Kacie
    June 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Hasn’t yet rained today where I am in bethel park. Must be isolated stuff! Looks like it could start any time though

June 14, 2010 2:37 pm

it’s amazing that we don’t have vampires living here. they’d love this shit.

June 14, 2010 3:38 pm

How do you know?

unsatisfied, meet the undead:

They’re not satisfied either.

12. Pittsburgh Tom
    June 14, 2010 4:18 pm

The only other job where you can be publicly wrong 80% of the time and keep working is mayor of Pittsburgh.

13. LaReina
    June 15, 2010 8:45 am

The trick is to watch the weather forecast on the Steubenville TV station. That guy predicts rain every single freakin day, no matter what, so when it really doesn’t rain we get all excited and grateful.