Random n’at

1.  [meaningfully hums Debbie Gibson’s “Lost in Your Eyes”]

Sorry. I should never ever lead off a Random n’at post with a picture of David Conrad.

2. How did I miss that hot dinosaur doctor Matt Lamanna modeled for the Eyetique campaign?!

So, I’m not the only one that appreciates the man’s face as much as his big beautiful brain.

But step off, Eyetique.

3. I spy with my little eye about 30 male readers preparing a “TOO EFFING MUCH ESTROGEN!” comment.

4. Speaking of self-united husbands, If you don’t yet love David Conrad for his devotion to Pittsburgh, I’m going to help you out a bit.

Pick one:

Pick one, any one. Fall in love. Then step off. Srsly.

(h/t Cari)

5.  The Pittsburgh Symphony’s South Side Stroll, An Evening in Four Movements, is taking place on June 21, and will be followed by a fun, networking after party and dessert reception at Diesel.

Tickets to the after party/dessert reception are $26, but readers of my blog are welcome to use the code SSPSO upon checkout to purchase tickets at only $15 each. Click here and scroll down to find the after party ticket portion of the ticket order form.

The ticket price includes a free drink, free desserts, a free performance from the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra (about 30 min), networking, and dancing courtesy of Diesel’s house DJ.

FUN!

6.  Bryan Adams is writing some songs for an animated version of the Wizard of Oz, starring Glee’s Lea Michele. Bryan Adams and Glee. All we need now is David Cook to find a way into the equation. Maybe he can voice Toto.

(h/t Kym, who understands my obsession with all things Bryan Adams)

7.  I take back what I said about Paul McCartney’s Depends-wearing fanbase, because the dude sold out two shows in minutes.

Geriatrics all over Pittsburgh will be pounding back a few extra shots of Ensure and rocking out for two straight nights.

I’m kidding. I have since learned that he has lots of young fans, too.

Don’t snail mail me handwritten hate letters, grandmas!

8. Sports Illustrated’s Peter King is in South Africa for the World Cup:

I’m here with my wife, and the other day, we were in a cab in Cape Town and the driver asked where we were from.

“I grew up in Pittsburgh,” my wife said.

“The Steelers!!!!” the fellow said.

“You know the Steelers?” she said.

“Everyone knows the Steelers!” he said.

[fist bump]

Hey, write your own bathroom stall joke.

(h/t James)

9.  Artists and illustrators, Pittsburgh does not have a logo in the CitID collection. It’s time to get to work.

Please make it better than Philly’s.

(h/t Charles)

1. Jagoff
    June 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Anyone else notice that Tokyo has an upside-down middle finger for their T?

2. Joe K.
    June 15, 2010 12:40 pm

TOO EFFING MUCH ESTROGEN!

3. Joe K.
    June 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Anyway, about arena re-use: Are the proponents a day late and a dollar short with this? Seems like a plan should be in place by now, it’s been known that the arena was coming down for over two years now.

4. Noelle
    June 15, 2010 12:45 pm

David Conrad is also funding a 15K feasibility study on reusing the arena. Money. where. mouth. is. LOVE.

5. Noelle
    June 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Joe K., it’s a LONG story – I’m on the board of Preservation Pittsburgh with the lead architect/activist and I can explain it to you personally if you want.

6. TwinmamaTeb
    June 15, 2010 12:49 pm

Dude. Look at the Cape Town CitID. Obviously I am missing the reference it’s intending ;-)

7. Joe K.
    June 15, 2010 1:21 pm

@ Noelle: Can you give me some bullet points? Now that I think about it I did read something about a study having to be done because it’s “historical.” I do wonder where money for maintenance would come from.

8. lampropeltis
    June 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Of course Pittsburgh has an image. It’s this one: http://archive.liveauctioneers.com/archive4/conceptartgallery/15113/0251_1_lg.jpg But it’s probably owned my MLB (or at least by Burton Morris), so you probably can’t upload it to that site. Still, it’s ours.

9. Magnus Patris
    June 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Ginny, I think you banner who make an excellent submission to represent Pittsburgh!

10. CrashJK
    June 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Has Benny been to the Capetown bars and in the bathrooms with several of their college age gals too ?

11. CrashJK
    June 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Oh I forgot…TEAR the freakin’ igloo down…and make it additional parking for the Consol Energy Center…sorry, but it’s time…we can’t save every old building…nobody has preserved a Winkys have they ???? Hmmmm…..

12. Noelle
    June 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Joe K:
    They had major issues and long conversations with the Hill District as I’m sure you can imagine, and there were talks for years with the sports authority, the URA, etc. Rob Pfaffmann has been working on this for at least 3 years with civic and community leaders, it’s just now hitting the press and gaining momentum but it’s been on the city radar for ages. I won’t speak for him any further but I’m sure Rob would be delighted to answer your questions at info@pfaffman.com. There is also a website reusetheigloo.com Hope this helps.

13. Tina
    June 15, 2010 3:09 pm

For 4) That’s not an easy choice, but I take the waterkeeper program. AWESOME!

For 8) Thank god that dude didn’t say: “Pittsburgh? Isn’t that the hometown of the lousiest Baseball team around?” :o(

@ Jagoff: Thanks for the super cool link. Just found awesome art work for my beloved second hometown (Sibenik in Croatia).

14. Beth
    June 15, 2010 3:45 pm

I will agree that David Conrad is a wonderful person. I still don’t find him even remotely attractive. Matt Lamana either.

On the other hand, I totally get the Daniel Sepulveda thing. I know, I know. “Step off.”

15. burghgal
    June 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Well while this “geriatric” will be at the show of a lifetime with a musician who singlehandedly changed music forever (Paul McCartney).

Guess you’ll be home doing mommy things, diapers and vomit..

Wow.. sorry I’ll miss that..

16. Magnus Patris
    June 15, 2010 4:27 pm

@burghgal Meeeee-ow! Oh, and I think a guy named John Lennon might have had something to do with that music-changey thing too. (Ringo, not so much).

17. Margie
    June 15, 2010 4:50 pm

@Burghgal, I will be there with my “geriatric” dad – LOL

Ginny, I was at the his last concert here in Da Burgh in ’90 with my dad. It was great seeing multiple generations come together (no pun intended) to see Sir Paul perform. It was truly amazing and I’m glad I get to enjoy this again with my dad.

18. Me!
    June 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Love David, He’s a saint! Pittsburgh is so lucky to have him :)

19. LegallyPgh(Kathy)
    June 15, 2010 5:04 pm

@Burghgal: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

That was supposed to be funny right?

I wish I could be so cool.

20. LucyLou
    June 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Ouch burghgal….I have to think Ginny was just trying to be humorous and not insult you personally. Take a deep breath….that is if you’re able and not limited by an oxygen tank! KIDDING!! *fist bump* Enjoy the concert!

21. Amanda
    June 15, 2010 5:13 pm

burghgal…I guess sarcasm is lost on all of the “geriatrics”? And single-handedly? Really? I guess the “geriatric” mind must have forgotten about Lennon! ;-)

22. Butcher's Dog
    June 15, 2010 5:23 pm

A life-altering moment, along the lines of “We’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto!” was (experienced second-hand through my school psychologist) walking through the school cafeteria and overhearing one girl tell another, “Did you know Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings?” This back in the late 80s/early 90s. It’s become a cult classic line for those of us who need gentle reminders of how fragile our hold on reality is at times.

And, oh yeah…WAY too much effing estrogen! The cloud just grows and grows.

23. CarolineFB
    June 15, 2010 5:41 pm

I am not feeling the Matt Lamanna Eyetique advertisement. I think he needs more hair. Certainly not his best work.

24. BeauJacques
    June 15, 2010 5:48 pm

How about a flock of sheep, grazing idyllically at a vacant

Northshore T Station (residents,) with one jackass, wearing a

“Mayor” sign around his neck, happily looking on??

25. Burghgal
    June 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Sorry meant to say “one of the most influential”. Must have been med time or time to change my Depends.

26. andrea
    June 15, 2010 10:13 pm

Anybody who’s done her homework on the Beatles — and anyone who has ANY ear for music at ALL — knows that Lennon was the genius behind the Beatles and that Paul has been coasting ever since. (Could “Wings” suck more? NO!!!) Idolizing “Sir Paul” has so much to do with recovering one’s youth and so little to do with his ability. ICK.

27. andrea
    June 15, 2010 10:19 pm

“Singlehandedly changed music forever”!! Yes, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Mahler, Stravinsky, Shostakovich, McCartney.

Sounds about right.

28. andrea
    June 15, 2010 10:24 pm

Single-handedly changed music forever…

Um.Okay.

Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Stravinsky, Shostakovich,… McCartney…

June 16, 2010 1:11 am

Rimsky-Korsakov

30. Xena
    June 16, 2010 1:45 am

Not gonna send you hate mail for the grandma comment, but I gotta say that I was once 14 and in luuuuvvvv with Paul McCartney. You are still young enough to think that over 50 is old, I guess, but once you get here, you’ll understand that we aren’t all ready for the rocking chair. Or the Depends. And we still love music.

Willie Nelson. Tony Bennett. Tina Turner. Timeless.

31. BeauJacques
    June 16, 2010 8:57 am

HEY!!!!

Mess with me, you mess with the WHOLE trailer park!!!!!!!!!!

32. CrashJK
    June 16, 2010 9:02 am

PEDRO IS HERE….PEDRO IS HERE….PEDRO IS HERE….PEDRO IS HERE…the Pirates of 2010 shall now be know as AP “after Pedro”…

June 16, 2010 9:44 am

we aren’t all ready for the rocking chair.

I’m 53 and I’m always ready for the rocking.

Take that however you like.

34. BeauJacques
    June 16, 2010 10:35 am

Addition to my previous LOGO for Pgh-

Def have a laughing hyena with an ID of “Bland, Dir. of Port Authority” next to Luke-jackass looking down on flock of sheep with “D” tags!

35. Twink
    June 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Anybody notice that Milwaukee has a sign that “they love thick women” in their citID?