1. [meaningfully hums Debbie Gibson’s “Lost in Your Eyes”]
Sorry. I should never ever lead off a Random n’at post with a picture of David Conrad.
2. How did I miss that hot dinosaur doctor Matt Lamanna modeled for the Eyetique campaign?!
So, I’m not the only one that appreciates the man’s face as much as his big beautiful brain.
But step off, Eyetique.
3. I spy with my little eye about 30 male readers preparing a “TOO EFFING MUCH ESTROGEN!” comment.
4. Speaking of self-united husbands, If you don’t yet love David Conrad for his devotion to Pittsburgh, I’m going to help you out a bit.
- He showed up and spoke at the Reuse the Igloo press conference. Go watch that video and then let’s all meet for coffee and swoon over him, okay? Or you can swoon over him in person as he performs Celebrity Autobiography at the City Theater. I’m told his dates are June 20, 21, 28, and 30. But I learned that on Twitter and I can’t confirm it.
- He bought the boat for the Waterkeeper program.
- He bought the W.R. McIllwain Store and Warehouse building on Point Street in Saltsburg for preservation.
Pick one, any one. Fall in love. Then step off. Srsly.
5. The Pittsburgh Symphony’s South Side Stroll, An Evening in Four Movements, is taking place on June 21, and will be followed by a fun, networking after party and dessert reception at Diesel.
Tickets to the after party/dessert reception are $26, but readers of my blog are welcome to use the code SSPSO upon checkout to purchase tickets at only $15 each. Click here and scroll down to find the after party ticket portion of the ticket order form.
The ticket price includes a free drink, free desserts, a free performance from the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra (about 30 min), networking, and dancing courtesy of Diesel’s house DJ.
6. Bryan Adams is writing some songs for an animated version of the Wizard of Oz, starring Glee’s Lea Michele. Bryan Adams and Glee. All we need now is David Cook to find a way into the equation. Maybe he can voice Toto.
(h/t Kym, who understands my obsession with all things Bryan Adams)
7. I take back what I said about Paul McCartney’s Depends-wearing fanbase, because the dude sold out two shows in minutes.
Geriatrics all over Pittsburgh will be pounding back a few extra shots of Ensure and rocking out for two straight nights.
I’m kidding. I have since learned that he has lots of young fans, too.
Don’t snail mail me handwritten hate letters, grandmas!
8. Sports Illustrated’s Peter King is in South Africa for the World Cup:
I’m here with my wife, and the other day, we were in a cab in Cape Town and the driver asked where we were from.
“I grew up in Pittsburgh,” my wife said.
“The Steelers!!!!” the fellow said.
“You know the Steelers?” she said.
“Everyone knows the Steelers!” he said.
Hey, write your own bathroom stall joke.
9. Artists and illustrators, Pittsburgh does not have a logo in the CitID collection. It’s time to get to work.
Please make it better than Philly’s.