1. Have you ever gotten stuck in a shirt in a dressing room? Like, you’re 36-years-old but you decide that you might look good in a Juniors size small top with a cute under-boob brown leather belt and so you go in the dressing room and you get that shirt on your head with a little bit of effort? Then you look in the mirror and go, “My God, I look like Fiona from Shrek if Fiona shopped in the Juniors section of Ogres R Us,” and then you try to get the shirt off and guess what? It’s stuck? And then you twist and turn and squirm and get yourself stuck some more. And then you twist a new way and your ear is now pinned to your armpit and the belt is caught in your rat’s nest hair? And then you hear the bursting of a few seams, so you stop moving whatever way you were moving and you seriously consider walking out of the dressing room looking like a batshit crazy mannequin, and begging someone for help or maybe a pair of scissors? Then finally, you twist in the correct way, get the shirt off, and decide that from now on you will carry a tube of Vaseline in your purse at all times so that you can be better prepared to go clothes shopping in the Juniors section?
Yeah, me neither.
2. Furry post coming up and by “furry” I don’t mean “fuzzy,” I mean “hilarious weird awesomeness.”
3. If you or someone you know is planning a wedding, you must go to Lawrenceville tomorrow and check this out! Hand(Made) in Marriage! Pittsburgh’s Indie DIY Wedding Show! I am salivating over the gorgeous letterpress items.
4. A Pittsburgh-based project for SICK KIDS is in the running for Pepsi Refresh money and they need your votes to keep them in the top ten, which is where they currently sit. This is their last chance to get funded through Pepsi Refresh, so please take a few seconds and vote them up!
5. Pittsburgh was named the seventh best city in America to raise a family.
6. I asked you to vote; you did; they won.
7. A perfectly timed photo, which I would like to get made into a motivational poster that says “HAWKS! Eff yeah!”
Is there a Hawk Appreciation Society on Facebook? Because I need to become their Most High Muckety Muck.