1. LANDSCAPE RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE!
What is a good shrub/small tree, easy to care for, hard to kill, easy to groom, doesn’t grow into an odd-shaped monster missing patches of branches, and doesn’t look like it’d be found growing in the front of the Addams Family home?
I have some shrubbery decisions to make and I’M SO CONFUSED. This will be the THIRD time I’ve planted shrubbery in these three plots and I’d like to not have to rip them out because I eventually come to hate them and their bastard children.
2. You have until tomorrow morning to comment on the bird/monkey post to win tickets to the Aviary event.
Also, because you’re wondering, yes, I’m researching monkey-eating monkeys.
3. My husband and I LOVE Last Comic Standing because 9 out of 10 comedians crack our collective shit up. Last night we were all [gasp!] when contestant Jesse Joyce did his bit and told the audience that he’s from Pittsburgh and then proceeded to tell a hilarious, if fast-paced joke about Pittsburgh, the tunnels, and tunnel traffic that he personally caused.
Jesse Joyce IS THE TUNNEL MONSTER.
He got cut though, so that’s a big bummer. I’m hoping to catch him locally soon. You can catch him on twitter here.
4. ATTENTION COUGARS!
ATTENTION TAYLOR LAUTNER, COUGARS EAT WOLVES.
5. If you pray, a prayer please for Lisa Styles, as well as her husband Brett, daughters June (5) and Evelyn (1), and son Nate (3). I am hearing from her friend that things are looking very grave for her.
Her friend tells me that a witness at the scene said that it appeared Lisa pushed the stroller out of the way before she was hit and dragged by the SUV.
She’s my age. I can’t fathom it.
6. Bob Nutting was named The Light of the Valley.
No, I am not in fact making that shit up.
7. Hilarious Craigslist What the Effie!
“The job itself may be a little degrading, but none more so than a cocktail waitress.”
8. Do me a favor please? Go here and fill this form out on the Pittsburgh Technology Council website? It takes like a minute and it will go a long way in helping out the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority, which provides funding to Innovation Works and the Technology Collaborative, and other programs.
They’ve already seen their budget slashed from $56 million to $20 million and any further cuts, well, that’s a bad thing for Pittsburgh.
A very bad thing.
Thanks for your help, you guys!
9. Look what reader Mike made me!