- July 9, 2010
- filed under Awesome Burghers, Ben Roethlisberger, Local media, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons
1. I missed my five-year blogging anniversary on the 7th. Whoops! But I took nine months off, so maybe it doesn’t really count. I’d give you some five-year stats on hits and stuff, but I quit tracking my hits and page views when we launched That’s Church. I might have 30,000 readers. I might have 30. Who can know?!
2. WPXI’s Timyka Artist has some seriously kickass Facebook etiquette:
I bet her next status will be, “Interviewing the family of the man who was bludgeoned in Cambria County. THEN GETTIN’ MY HAIR DID!”
4. Lamarr Woodley is only 25 and he’s already a world class human being. What a great read.
tawdry Tweets, lavatorial lasciviousness and camera-phone preening
Calling out Santonio, Ben, and Skippy, without using their names. Brilliant.
(h/t Laura and Charles)
5. If you care about how the city uses open spaces, trails and parks, you’ll want to fill this survey out to voice your opinion. There’s even a survey for kids to fill out. Love it.
5. Junior Achievement of Western PA is holding quite possibly the best raffle prize ever in the history of ever! One lucky person will win, are you ready?
A pair of tickets to EACH of the following:
• All Pittsburgh Steelers home games, including one road game
• 20 Home-game package to the Pittsburgh Penguins
• Full season of home games—Pitt Men’s Basketball
• Full season of home games—Pitt Panthers Football
6. The Post-Gazette profiled Genre Baker and his Genre’s Kids With Cancer Fund and Make Room for Kids is given a shout out. WOOT!
And yes, it does reveal where I go to church, and that’s cool with me.
“The most common form of ALL is B-cell, which is 90 to 95 percent curable,” said Mrs. Baker. “Genre had T-cell, which is 80 to 85 percent curable.
“Those are still great odds if you’re betting on football, but if it’s your child’s life, you don’t even want them in a room where 15 to 20 percent of the people in it might not make it.”
7. Daniel Tosh loves Zima!
8. Braddock gets some love from Levis and it kind of touched my heart a little bit.
9. Do you know these Burghers? They lost their camera in Georgia and the person that found it would like to get it back to them.
10. Finally, from The Daily What:
Here, Dennis! Here, Dennis! Come here, Denny. Here pidgee pidgee pidgee.
(h/t Charles and Will)