Random n’at

1. I missed my five-year blogging anniversary on the 7th. Whoops! But I took nine months off, so maybe it doesn’t really count. I’d give you some five-year stats on hits and stuff, but I quit tracking my hits and page views when we launched That’s Church. I might have 30,000 readers. I might have 30. Who can know?!

2. WPXI’s Timyka Artist has some seriously kickass Facebook etiquette:

I bet her next status will be, “Interviewing the family of the man who was bludgeoned in Cambria County. THEN GETTIN’ MY HAIR DID!”

3. Iron City is a craft beer?

Who knew!

(h/t @observacious)

4. Lamarr Woodley is only 25 and he’s already a world class human being. What a great read.

Also,

tawdry Tweets, lavatorial lasciviousness and camera-phone preening

Calling out Santonio, Ben, and Skippy, without using their names. Brilliant.

(h/t Laura and Charles)

5.  If you care about how the city uses open spaces, trails and parks, you’ll want to fill this survey out to voice your opinion. There’s even a survey for kids to fill out. Love it.

(h/t Jenn)

5. Junior Achievement of Western PA is holding quite possibly the best raffle prize ever in the history of ever! One lucky person will win, are you ready?

A pair of tickets to EACH of the following:

•       All Pittsburgh Steelers home games, including one road game
•       20 Home-game package to the Pittsburgh Penguins
•       Full season of home games—Pitt Men’s Basketball
•       Full season of home games—Pitt Panthers Football

INCREDIBLE!

Here’s the details!

6. The Post-Gazette profiled Genre Baker and his Genre’s Kids With Cancer Fund and Make Room for Kids is given a shout out. WOOT!

And yes, it does reveal where I go to church, and that’s cool with me.

Also:

“The most common form of ALL is B-cell, which is 90 to 95 percent curable,” said Mrs. Baker. “Genre had T-cell, which is 80 to 85 percent curable.

“Those are still great odds if you’re betting on football, but if it’s your child’s life, you don’t even want them in a room where 15 to 20 percent of the people in it might not make it.”

Profound.

7.  Daniel Tosh loves Zima!

YouTube Preview Image

(h/t Molly)

8. Braddock gets some love from Levis and it kind of touched my heart a little bit.

(h/t Clayton)

9. Do you know these Burghers? They lost their camera in Georgia and the person that found it would like to get it back to them.

(h/t Lisa)

10. Finally, from The Daily What:

Here, Dennis! Here, Dennis! Come here, Denny. Here pidgee pidgee pidgee.

[PUNT]

(h/t Charles and Will)

1. who me?
    July 9, 2010 12:40 pm

i have come to expect nothing less from “Tiki” Artist. as a side note, i am generally riveted to the TV whenever she is on, if only to see which style of headgear she has decided to wear for the evening’s live-shot. srsly, the girl must own 4500 hats.

2. Magnus Patris
    July 9, 2010 1:24 pm

Timyka is kind of like the Punxy Phil of Greater Pittsburgh. You know winter is just around the corner when she has her funky hat on; it doesn’t come off again until spring has sprung. She’s better at predicting the weather than Julie, Phil or Verzella.

Also, thanks for letting me know that I can still buy Steelers shirts for my boys other than Troysus’.

3. T
    July 9, 2010 1:26 pm

I lol’d at “awdry Tweets, lavatorial lasciviousness and camera-phone preening” ha! What a great guy Lamarr Woodley is! I had no idea! I will have to buy me a Woodley shirt… I can put the $5 that my Big Ben jersey will make on ebay towards it!

4. Tracy
    July 9, 2010 3:46 pm

Lamarr is “all that and a bag of chips!” He is what being a Pittsburgh Steeler is all about!

5. gunnlino
    July 9, 2010 5:11 pm

Mr Woodley, sir, if you read this blog, just know you have gained another big fan. Tomorrow morning I’m on my way to buy that Mr Woodley game jersey.

6. Joe K.
    July 9, 2010 5:42 pm

Iron City Beer – fresh from Latrobe, Pennsylvania.

The Braddock pictures look like the set of ‘The Book of Eli’.

7. Cassie
    July 9, 2010 6:02 pm

A pigeon that answers to the name Dennis? Isn’t this like your worst nightmare, Ginny? They’re getting smarter…

July 9, 2010 6:05 pm

timyka = ROWRrrrrrrrrrrr…..funky hat or not.

I think they meant to say that iron city is a CRAP beer. CRAP. not craft.

9. jeff
    July 9, 2010 6:14 pm

So does the Junior Unachievement society give out Pirates season tickets as a punishment???

10. KimLy
    July 10, 2010 12:04 am

And weirdly, the area code on the flyer for the “lost pigeon” is a Massachusetts area code… could Bill Belicheck be somehow involved?

11. Lisa
    July 10, 2010 1:21 pm

Thanks for posting the lost camera link, Ginny.
    Sorry I always forget to send you my blog address.

12. Politicalpartypooper
    July 10, 2010 6:38 pm

on # 5, I noticed they aren’t giving away any Pirates tickets. What’s up with that? ;)

Also, I want to personally thank you for telling your Pirates to help my Brewers end their losing streak last night. It was getting so bad watching them that I was pulling out hair I didn’t have…namely because I shave my head, but that’s another subject. Do you know how angry you have to be to pull hair out that you don’t have?

Do you?

13. spoon
    July 10, 2010 11:13 pm

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR If anyone pays $40-50 for that lineup I’m kicking you in the man purse.

A few things
    1) iron city – give it up. its not craft its shitty shit shit.
    2) respectable – there are some great names in this lineup but jesus at that price you better get a blowjob and a corn dog
    3) save your money and go to Beer on the Bay 3 in Erie on July 24th. $30 gets you more beers and hella better beers.
    4) i’m still stunned Iron City is on there… wow. Just wait until that Duquesne Beer comes back and gets more piss in the market. Unsatisfied will stab a guy

July 12, 2010 9:17 am

I’m sharpening my blade, spoon….

15. Al Lambrini
    July 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Uh Iron City is not even a pittsburgh beer anymore

July 13, 2010 9:44 am

Still waiting for Olde Frothingslosh to make a comeback. And Hoppin’ Gator.