Forget Tinsel Town. Welcome to Yinzel Town.

I’ve been saying for a while now that Pittsburgh is the new Hollywood, what with all the dozens of movies that have been filmed here, particularly over the last two years or so. Denzel, Russell, Jake, Nick Nolte, etc.  I had to add the Nolte after Nick because God forbid the tweens be all, “NICK JONAS WUZ HERE OMG WTFBBQ!?”

Further proof of Pittsburgh as the new Hollywood is that there are TWO big budget movies being filmed here as I type this.

You already know about the film Taylor Lautner is in, but did you also know that Katherine Heigl is in town filming the Janet Evanovich novel One For the Money film-adaptation?

I loved Katherine Heigl for years, including her role in the Love’s Long Journey of Enduring Abiding Joy or whatever it was called, but lately, I only ever read that she’s kind of a bitch. So I’m not calibrating my Stalk-o-Meter for her or anything.

I will however gladly crank it to Stun and Self-Unite for Daniel Sunjata and Jason O’Mara.

Don’t ask. Just Google. And drool.

Speaking of Taylor Lautner, by the way, did you see WTAE’s ONLY ON 4 video of him when he went to the Waterfront to surprise the movie-going fans?

I don’t want to spoil the surprise, but this is the LATE BREAKING EXCLUSIVE NEWS VIDEO OF THE YEAR. And it’s not just “Only on 4” it is SO Only on 4 that they put “Only on 4” on the screen in TWO PLACES!

Look, there’s Taylor Lautner!

Or, his hair, rather.

Look, MORE HAIR!

Look! The back of his head! And his chin! He works out so much, I bet his chin has a six-pack!

OMG! HIS NOSE! SQUEEE!

It gets better! Wait for it. Wait for it. TREE!

Exclusive video of the year. I bet WPXI and KDKA saw this video and just gave up.

“Next on WTAE, Taylor Lautner has hands, and we can prove it. Exclusive video at eleven. Only on 4.”

1. JustOneL
    July 12, 2010 2:47 pm

I second Jason O’Mara for Self-Uniting! Did you see him in Life On Mars? Totally perfect – even in swinging 70’s attire…

2. Schuyler
    July 12, 2010 3:02 pm

Excited that Janet Evanovich has a book turning into a movie … I just hope it’ll be as good. And I definitely don’t picture her main character looking like Katherine, but we’ll see …

3. Dan (Not Onarato)
    July 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Andrew Stockey is going to be giddy. Sally Wiggin will have an exclusive interview with the tree…etc etc etc

4. mamabear
    July 12, 2010 3:11 pm

I HATE Katherine Heigel so I am very sad that she’s playing Stephanie Plum. I love those books. I have to say Ranger and Morelli seem cast well though. Wow.

5. Beth P
    July 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Wait wait wait….let us focus on what is important. JASON O’MARA is going to be in the burgh?!?!?! Oh dear God. I tend not to stalk but I will absolutely make an exception for him

6. T
    July 12, 2010 3:37 pm

I just heard this on the radio this morning! I LOVE Janet Evanovich’s Plum series… but Katherine Heigl as Stephanie Plum? ….? really?

7. PJ
    July 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Dont forget I am Number Four is shooting in Murrysville. One of the film`s stars is Dianna Agron from Glee.

8. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    July 12, 2010 4:19 pm

I have been a fan of Jason O’Mara since the early 2000’s and the show The Agency. I actually met him when I was visiting Ireland and we attended a play he was in. There was a meet and greet after so that’s when I got to meet him. Really friendly and down to earth. Alas, though, he is married to actress Paige Turco.

9. Lizzy
    July 12, 2010 4:38 pm

His bodyguard is hogging up the camera time, but that’s ok, by the looks of it – he looks hotter anyhow :-)

10. PittinDC
    July 12, 2010 5:37 pm

My desire to support Pittsburgh by watching movies filmed in Pittsburgh is going to be tested by my vow to never watch a new Katherine Heigl movie after being such a complete a-hole about Grey’s Anatomy. It may not be hard, since I have never even heard of Janet Evanovich or her books. I’ll totally watch any movie with someone from Glee in it though!!

11. BeauJacques
    July 12, 2010 6:31 pm

I picture ANY main female character looking like Katherine Heigl !!!

What about Burgher Joe Manganiello on True Blood??

12. Suburban Nor'Side Girl
    July 12, 2010 6:37 pm

I agree that Katherine Heigl is NOT my idea of Stephanie Plum. And I think The Rock (what’s that guy’s real name?) would have been a perfect Ranger.

13. YNZmom
    July 12, 2010 6:56 pm

I am Number Four was written by James Frey–the guy that faked his biography on Oprah–but it sounds pretty good!

14. PJ
    July 12, 2010 8:17 pm

@YNZmom the book was written by Mr. Frey however the script is written by Mr. Alfred Gough and Mr. Miles Millar. I`m currently working on the film and it the story is slightly different from the book

15. Schuyler
    July 12, 2010 9:07 pm

@Suburban Nor’Side Girl … the Rock as Ranger is an awesome idea!! Who is playing Ranger and Morelli? I’m just not picturing Katherine as the born and bred New Jersey Stephanie Plum …

16. Heather
    July 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Um, HELLO! George Wendt is in town! That’s what I’m excited about! :)

July 12, 2010 10:24 pm

Is that “Only on 4” thing so some other newscast doesn’t lift the video and run it as their own or something?

Waaaay back in the day (this’ll tell you how old I am, but I can’t be the only one here who remembers Groovy QV), when KQV ruled rock and roll radio hereabouts, they’d break a brand-new song and Jim Quinn would whsiper over it, “You’re listening to another … KQV …. exclusive … exclusive … exclusive.”

Years later I hung around some radio people and undestood they did that so no other station could tape the new song and run with it …

Something like that, TAE? Because it seems too moronic otherwise.

18. Suburban Nor'Side Girl
    July 12, 2010 11:46 pm

@ bucdaddy do you remember KD radio’s Partyline, too?

@Schuyler Virginia mentions the names of the actors playing Ranger and Morelli. Meh.

19. Gina
    July 13, 2010 8:05 am

Daniel Sunjata is in Pittsburgh/ HE WILL BE MINE!

20. Schuyler
    July 13, 2010 8:59 am

@ Suburban – thanks … don’t know how I missed that! Ranger looks like he’ll be OK (assuming that’s Sunjata) … :-)

21. Me
    July 13, 2010 9:33 am

Oh, yeah, Daniel Sunjata is “Rock like” or maybe “Rock lite.” Anyway, LOVE him on Rescue Me. And I may also have to stalk Mr. O’Mara.

July 13, 2010 9:41 am

Nor’Side,

With Ed and Wendy King? And eventually just Wendy? You betcha. And Bogut in the morning. And Bob Prince, and Little Jimmy Roach, and Pork the Tork, and …

23. Cassie
    July 13, 2010 9:50 am

I am SO excited for One For the Money to come out. And can I just say how annoyed I am that everyone keeps saying Sandra Bullock should play Stephanie? I’m sorry, but back in the ’90’s when J.E. first sold the rights to the movie, yes, but now? Not so much.