A moment of silence for the hot.

Men,

I’m sorry to inform you.

I hope you’ll take it well.

Are you sitting down?

Do you have some smelling salts? Some pearls you can clutch when I break your hearts?

Okay.

Alison Morris is leaving Pittsburgh.

Over at KDKA-TV, reporter Alison Morris will leave the station in early September to take a job closer to home (Long Island) at the Fox station in Hartford, Conn.

A blurb, Rob Owen?! Reduced her to a blurb, did you?

I’ll make it all better. Please have “Wind Beneath my Wings” playing in your head as you view these photos.  Or maybe, “She Bangs.”

(source)

It’s going to be okay, you guys. Group hug.

(h/t Tony and PittCheMBA)

1. Alex
    July 27, 2010 9:42 am

Oh, huh. I thought you meant the hot weather.

2. Goob
    July 27, 2010 10:08 am

Nutmegger props, yo.

3. TripleC
    July 27, 2010 10:13 am

OH. MY. GOD.

First Sonni, then this??!! Not good. Not good at all.

July 27, 2010 10:14 am

Meh, she’s OK. I suppose her teeth will stay behind forever, like the Cheshire cat’s.

But that’s a lame excuse for moving. You can probably get to Long Island from Pittsburgh faster than you can get there from Hartford on I-95.

On the plus side, bucdaughter lives in Hartford and I kinda like it there, no less for the fact they already have a hot newscaster named Sonia Bucdaddy … er, um, I mean Sonia Baghdady.

Feast your eyes, fellas:

5. spoon
    July 27, 2010 10:19 am

you know I’m f’n upset by this. your butler was there as a shoulder to cry on when I got the news.

Now what am I supposed to do? *sigh*

July 27, 2010 10:35 am

^^^
    Drink more beer, obviously. I shouldn’t have to tell YOU that, spoon.

7. other Brian
    July 27, 2010 10:41 am

NOT FAIR NOT FAIR NOT FAIR! First Sonni Abatta and now ALISON! Next you’ll be taking Amber Nicotra from us.

8. gunnlino
    July 27, 2010 10:49 am

Sadcakes !

9. Dash66
    July 27, 2010 11:03 am

NO!! NO, it WON’T be all right. Nothing in this world will ever be right again! Now I’m going to have to move up to Connecticut in order to continue my stalking!

10. Suburban Nor'Side Girl
    July 27, 2010 11:04 am

If only we could get Julie Bologna to leave and stay gone.

11. red pen mama
    July 27, 2010 11:24 am

Didn’t Tyler Grisham leave? (hint, hint)

12. emilie
    July 27, 2010 11:54 am

Red Pen Mama –
    Did he? He’s still listed on their roster….that would stink if he did.

13. big chuck
    July 27, 2010 12:01 pm

unreal to say the least, by far my biggest uber celebrity crush…who will i think of in the shower now…

14. BeauJacques
    July 27, 2010 12:24 pm

There is no God.

15. Sooska
    July 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Oh NO, AllieMo! the only good thing about KDKA. the rest are old-fart-rated.

July 27, 2010 12:37 pm

well, pittsburgh’s news channels are very much like the succos — they raise the talent, then they move on to greener pastures.

nor’side girl — well, that comment is just plain uncalled for. you don’t see me begging the steelers to cut tyler grisham’s ass. you leave our local female eye candy alone.

bucdaddy — your 2 links above have earned 2 hotdamns from me. hotdamn! hotdamn!!! of course, she’ll never come to pittsburgh….

July 27, 2010 1:02 pm

the only good thing about KDKA.

STILL no love for Christine Sorensen.

You are welcome, statisfied (I fixed that for you).

July 27, 2010 1:15 pm

BTW, three words to the ladies:

Little. Black. Dress.

19. eddie
    July 27, 2010 1:25 pm

I now officially have no reason to watch KDKA news.

20. spoon
    July 27, 2010 1:31 pm

I might have to go searching through the news websites to find a replacement.

Shannon Perrine is a hidden gem that could be a good replacement. I’ve seen her in public a few times and WHOA boy! Janelle Hall is very very nice also. Sally is too classy for me to have on a list like this.

In the meantime we can put Lokay in a dress and call him Ma’

July 27, 2010 3:40 pm

so, it’s down to stephanie watson and tamika “funkyhatwearin’” artist for me.

and, julie jumbo.

oh, and trisha pittman….

22. spoon
    July 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Wait are we sticking with just news otherwise CWBrandi should make the brackets.

July 27, 2010 4:47 pm

spoon,

Either you took my suggestion about the beer or your period key is missing.

July 27, 2010 5:24 pm

cwbrandi is a righteous choice — let’s add her to the mix.

and, let’s not talk about spoon’s period…..

25. eddie
    July 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Janelle Hall is very underrated. Especially when she wears your hair in a pony tail. Two words. Big. Fan.

26. KGC
    July 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Oh. My.

She could take those heels and grind them softly or hard into the back of my neck. Ooo lalala.

27. JJ
    July 27, 2010 6:54 pm

As long as Mr. Lokay doesn’t leave ;) He’s the real cutie on KDKA boys!

28. BradyQuinnsTeeth
    July 27, 2010 7:57 pm

I am not a fan of this chick.

Janelle Hall on the other hand. Hey Now.

29. Dan (Not Onarato)
    July 27, 2010 11:43 pm

OK AliMo is leaving…we all thought the sky was falling when Sonni left…but the sun came up the next morning…she wants to go back home? I cant fault her for that. Good luck Ali…we’ll miss you.

Just have to start scouting telemudo/univision for her replacement. Who cares if they only speak spanish…the news is usually depressing anyway

Agree with #10…

30. Bram R
    July 28, 2010 12:01 am

Maybe we’ll get Edie Tarbox back. She’s so beautiful, she should go on a date with Mario Lemieux.

(tip of the hat to Randy Baumann).

July 28, 2010 2:56 am

^^^ PXI had the market cornered on weirdly named (or at least weirdly spelled) anchors in the late ’80s. Edye Tarbox and Dagny Hultgreen.

Speaking of “cornered.” Mike Boguslawski was in YOURS.

32. Andee
    July 28, 2010 6:33 am

#21 unsatisfied, really Trisha Pittman? She brought us another version of the hair helmet. What is it with PXI anchors? Is a requirement 80′s hair? (except for Darieth…at least her hair is more up to date than the rest there).

While I’m ragging on Trisha….hey, eat a sandwich, would ya?

Bye AliMo, scream at the Hartford viewers.

33. BeauJacques
    July 28, 2010 7:36 am

Christine Sorenson is beautiful but she doesn’t have that je ne sais pas quoi, no, wait, I can!

It’s a cute, hot. blonde beach tramp, yet still Yale cum laude thing that Ali Mo OWNS!!!!!!!

wahhhhhhhhhh

Thank God for Fox News!

Jenna Lee rules!

July 28, 2010 8:49 am

@andee — really. I was at WPXI a few years ago and she walked through the lobby. and, I know of helmet hair — and, um, that’s not what she’s sportin’ lately. but, if she ain’t your cuppa tea, well, I won’t spend my non-work-related internetting time trying to convince you.

as for edye — she’s changed her name at last 4 times that I know of since she left here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._D._Hill

she’s a chameleon…….

35. spoon
    July 28, 2010 9:51 am

Since ppl jump from there all the time, based on work profiles here’s the Erie Scouting Report:

1) Kara Coleman (WICU) – http://www.wicu12.com/news/index.vnss?newsid=9311&type=profiles
    2) Liz Crawford (WICU and WSEE) – http://www.wicu12.com/news/index.vnss?newsid=8852&type=profiles and http://www.wsee.tv/crawford.php
    3) Stephanie Schelkun (WSEE) – http://www.wsee.tv/schelkun.php
    4) Lisa Weismann (WSEE) – http://www.wsee.tv/weismann.php
    5) Cassandra Garrison (WJET) – http://yourerie.com/fulltext?nxd_id=4791
    6) Raychel Vendetti (WJET) – http://yourerie.com/fulltext?nxd_id=112285 – she should have been in Pittsburgh after WSEE sent her packing. She has way too much talent to be stuck reporting on bingo games and snow storms
    7) Selena Wiles – http://yourerie.com/fulltext?nxd_id=21511

Watch the videos for Stephanie(3) and Lisa(4). WOW

July 28, 2010 10:14 am

she’s a chameleon…….

She’s also a … what would the word be for someone who runs through husbands like I run through socks?

She’s also pretty damn pretentious, translating E.D. as Edye.

“Edith Ann”? Were her folks big Lily Tomlin fans or what?

Dagny was in “Speed”?

July 28, 2010 1:06 pm

dagny hultgreen — hot dang. as I remember it, she and edye/e.d./whatever were good buds…

38. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    July 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Notwithstanding the physical attributes of Tarbox and Hultgreen (I’m all for each sex getting their eye candy), they were AWFUL news anchors. So much so that my sisters and I referred to them as Edye Barfbox ang Gag-Me Hultgreen.

39. KSWA Trapper
    July 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Does this mean that Amy Marcinkawitz moves ever-so-slowly up the ladder?

Janelle Hall now holds down the “hottest of the hotties” label in town. Kristine Sorensen is a baby-makin-machine, so she’s off the list.

Marci Cipriani is a little underrated, but someone also touched on Shannon Perrine. She hasn’t got the hang of applying makeup, but she may have a world-class-keyster. I’m just sayin’.

Sadly, something has already happened to Danielle Nottingham for her to “hit the wall.” Unsure of when that “jump the shark” moment happened, but it has.

Where is Hultgreen to settle this score?

40. Bobby
    July 29, 2010 2:13 pm

Wow, spoon, you have waaaay too much time on your hands. Good for you, though! Those videos benefit all of us.

Nobody will ever take the place of Margaret Shortridge, though…..

41. Bobby
    July 29, 2010 2:22 pm

And because, like you, once I typed in “Margaret Shortridge” I wondered the same thing. What ever happened to her?

Thanks to Google we now know. Four kids, a move to Chicago, and a nice new rack later, here she is….

42. FYI
    July 30, 2010 9:21 pm

fyi…a new girl is coming to Pitt TV soon, and I can promise you, she’s the hottest thing to ever be on da burg’s airwaves. Alison Morris is nasty. See her in person, and you will be happy she is leaving.

43. Ravishing Rick
    August 14, 2010 2:05 am

Ashley Dougherty

Switch to our mobile site