Five Questions for …

… Randy Baumann!

I got the chance to pose five questions to DVE’s Randy Baumann.

I bet you’re dying to know the answer to this one:

Question: You were gone from the ‘DVE Morning Show from January 18 until February 16. Can I just tell you, it was surreal. People were emailing me. No one knew anything. For a while I seriously thought you were abducted by aliens and they did that time suck thing. I mean, the Bring Randy Baumann Back to DVE Morning Show group on facebook still has 4,600 members! So my question is this. What did you do with yourself all that time you were gone and working out your new contract? Did you hide out? Did you go out of town?

Go read the answer!

1. Joe K.
    July 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Good stuff. I’m glad his contract eventually worked out.

2. empirechick
    July 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Randy is the reason I found this blog, as he encouraged DVE listeners to come here for info during the Haitian orphan crisis. He is a great guy indeed.

July 27, 2010 12:39 pm

it’s “Addams Family.

and, “Flintstones”.

yo.

July 27, 2010 12:41 pm

and, it’s “Addams Family.”

this here site needs a “hold that shit up” option whenever I hit “Submit Commment” and I see that effed up.

5. Biggest Fan
    July 27, 2010 1:11 pm

@unsatisfied

Leaving off a set of quotation marks hardly qualifies something that is “effed up” or needs corrected for that matter.

I had to stare at your first comment for far too long before I figured out why you had to retype it.

Can anyone say, “OCD?

6. Scott
    July 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Hey “Biggest Fan”….

Lighten up, dude.

7. facie
    July 27, 2010 2:14 pm

When Randy disappeared, I think I lasted two, maybe three, days without him; it just wasn’t funny anymore, and I ended up never going back. Now Kiss FM has taken DVE’s place on my car presets (first set).

Your interview makes me want to start listening to DVE again. He really is a funny dude.

Interesting comment over there from Anoymous…

8. spoon
    July 27, 2010 2:27 pm

I’m more impressed you spelled “Savocchio” right. Admit it, you had to Google her. She likes to be Googled. Joyce is naughty that way.

*mmmeeeee-ow*

9. DG
    July 27, 2010 3:10 pm

When Scott Paulson left Jimmy, it took me a LONG time to warm up to Randy. But once I did, I was hooked. I agree with the posters who said that the month without him was brutal. Glad he came back. Very funny dude.

July 27, 2010 3:37 pm

@ scott — biggest fan’s ok. he/she was just letting me off the hook.

though, yes — I’m down with OCD…..

11. Biggest Fan
    July 27, 2010 3:51 pm

@Scott

Yes, just letting @unsatisfied know that our love for him is unconditional – typos, OCD, and all. :)

12. red pen mama
    July 27, 2010 3:53 pm

I’m sure @spoon is just dying to point out that Erie had Randy first. ;) He actually graduated from Prep with my brother. (Randy, not @spoon.) And, yeah, I don’t even really listen to morning radio, but it’s worth switching away from NPR once in a while as long as I can hear Randy.

13. Scott
    July 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Fair enough…my comment was probably more of a defensive reaction to my own OCD ;)

July 27, 2010 5:22 pm

nice to see that some of the “church” people out here have my back — feelin’ the love….

15. Heather
    July 27, 2010 6:17 pm

@unsatisfied – I feel you. Nothing like seeing a glaring error out there on the interweb mocking your attempt at a witty comment only to scream “FAIL.”

16. Margie
    July 28, 2010 12:32 pm

Randy is the commentator, Jim is the color guy. I was miserable without a commentator, glad he’s back!

17. pitjag
    July 28, 2010 1:48 pm

life-long dve morning show listener here…trust me, scott and randy (while having their place on the show) were and are not the constants nor the things that keep that show #1 (even over Stern when he was here)…it’s KRENN…you don’t just bring a guy from Erie in and stay #1 because he is “the man”, you stay #1 because of what the show had to begin with: KRENN…glad Randy is back, i don’t like change, but Jimmy is the man, the constant, the comedian, just go to one of his live comedy shows, he is pure pittsburgh and that is why western PA luvs the show, he gets us..rock on fellas

18. CharlottaGene
    July 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Hun…I don’t know what yinz are talking about. Randy is just an import from Erie. He is like Rolling Rock…Iron City is authentic and Rolling Rock is just a wanna be from Latrobe. Jimmy Krenn MAKES the morning show. Long live The Jimmy DVE show.

~ Lovin the Burgh

Char

19. Andi
    July 28, 2010 8:50 pm

Empirechick, you said it best (except for the part of Krenn being a good wingman, cause really he’s not…he’s just a lug)!…”I like Jimmy Krenn and I get that he’s a Pittsburgh icon, but that month without Randy was brutal. Jimmy’s a good wing man, but Randy (and Scott Paulson before him) is clearly the straw that stirs the Morning Show drink.”

Actually, you don’t even need Krenn. I find he drags down the show when even Randy is there. I’d much rather here what Mike Prisuta has to say over Jimmy Krenn. That’s saying a lot! :)

That month without Randy was brutal. I hope it showed his bosses who is the real talent on that show. Btw, Val sucks, too.

20. aunt penny
    July 30, 2010 1:18 am

and what would confucious say…hmmmm…man who holds out…..???

I love you Randy.