New Smokin’ Hot Burgher

It’s been, oh, about four months or so now that I have been receiving emails, from both men and women mind you, basically saying, “Joe Manganiello is from Pittsburgh and he deserves to be named an official Smoking Hot Burgher,” or “Joe Manganiello jwomwefmwoefmweo orgasm wemqwoikq burgher mqkwm swoon,” or “Have you seen this fine piece of Pittsburgh ass?”

And you know what? Joe Manganiello, who currently stars on the hit HBO show True Blood, is pretty damn hot:

But, I mean, I don’t watch True Blood yet (going to get Season 1 on DVD), so when I saw his chiseled face and Adonis-like body, I was all, “Self, this man is good looking. But there’s no THERE there.” And you know I like there to be some THERE there when it comes to hot burghers. Look at my self-united husbands for the love of God. Daniel — generous, religious, kind. David — generous, kind, dedicated to Pittsburgh. Matt — super smart, putting Pittsburgh on the map.

I ignored the emails about Joe until such a time that I found the There.

I found the There.

Go watch Joe Manganiello’s interview on Good Day LA. Try to ignore the booby ditzes who won’t shut the hell up.

Start at 3:15 when Joe Manganiello first brings up Pittsburgh. Listen as he talks about Pittsburgh. About the Steelers. About Pitt Football. Listen as he says, “I bleed black and gold.” Listen as he brings up Namath, Fitzgerald, and Marino. Listen. Swoon. Love.

Is it weird that I get a bit emotional when I watch things like that? I think it’s weird. I can’t help it. I think I might love Pittsburgh too much.

Regardless, in addition to now being an official Smokin’ Hot Burgher, Joe Manganiello is my new imaginary self-united husband and I think he’ll fit in nicely with Matt, David, and Daniel.

So, ladies, step off.

[awkward kung fu moves]

(h/t Amy)

1. Margie
    July 29, 2010 11:54 am

when I saw the photo, my mouth started to water and the drool started coming out of the corners of my mouth – uhhhhh

2. red pen mama
    July 29, 2010 11:58 am

Well, I’ll be running out to get True Blood on DVD now, too. Thank you for the heads up. Your generousity to sick children and horny Pittsburgh women (and men) cannot ever be repaid.

3. Gina
    July 29, 2010 11:59 am

I had never heard of him before, but Oh Holy CRAP!

4. BeauJacques
    July 29, 2010 12:00 pm

OK, he’s sorta handsome to woemen, NOT THAT THERE’S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT! LOL

but the “there” ?

He’s a WEREWOLF!!!!

5. Jessica @ How Sweet
    July 29, 2010 12:02 pm

I am a True Blood fanatic and an Alcide fanatic. I think they made him a lot hotter for the show than he ever came out in the books!

6. Carpetbagger
    July 29, 2010 12:08 pm

How stupid are these TV hosts?

“So it’s all real in the documentary?”

He pauses for a second, no doubt thinking, that’s what a documentary is bitch.

“Do you still feel like you’re in the black & blue division?”

Hey, Larry King’s little brother… the black & blue division is the Bears and Packers. The Steelers are black & gold. LA idiots.

Geesh!

7. BeauJacques
    July 29, 2010 12:11 pm

ps- I normally don’t do the whole vampire/undead genre, I only watched this year cuz it’s Susan’s son, (Joe=Alcide the werewolf,) but this show is SOOO off the hook great, I went back and started with season 1.

Bojack says, 4 stars, CHECK IT OUT!

8. Beth
    July 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Ginny,
    David, Daniel and Matt are all yours. I’m sorry…I can’t give you Joe. If you want to be self-united to him, you will just have to deal with him keeping me on the side.

9. Beth
    July 29, 2010 12:29 pm

P.S. Anyone running out to get the 1st or 2nd season…he only showed up in season 3, which is airing currently. However, Vampire Eric may not be from Pittsburgh, but he is well worth watching!

10. Di
    July 29, 2010 12:34 pm

@ Beth #9, AGREED! Maybe Ginny can make Vampire Eric an honorary Burgher, just so we can see his picture on That’s Church. Joe’s not bad either.

11. Erin
    July 29, 2010 12:37 pm

1) I went to high school with him! He did not look like that in high school. Which is my answer when my friends ask why I did not get on that in high school. HA.

2) OMG those women are so annoying. SHUT.UP.

12. gunnlino
    July 29, 2010 12:41 pm

@Carpetbagger… good call buddy, I’m happy that I was not the only one who picked up on the air head talking heads mutterings.

Gin-Gin;
    No, it’s not weird that you get emotional about ‘Burghers speaking well of the ‘Burgh. For a true ‘Burgher it’s in your DNA.

13. Clementine
    July 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Wow. Nomnomnom. His documentary sounds interesting, too.

And maybe we’ll have some training camp Tyler/Daniel photos coming soon (fingers crossed.)

Thanks, Ginny!

14. toni
    July 29, 2010 12:45 pm

“True Blood” is the best…got hooked on the books but the show is even more addictive. This past Sunday you got to see Alcide in his all together …or at least the 99% that can be shown on television.

Eric is HOT, I prefer Bill, but my favorite character has got to be Lafayette….and the unforgettable AIDS burger scene.

I’d sleep with Eric, marry Bill, and definately go shopping with girlfriend Lafayette.

15. Karyn
    July 29, 2010 12:46 pm

I had no idea he was from the ‘Burgh. Wow. Thanks for keeping us in the know of all hot ‘Burghers, everywhere. You do this city (and metro area because some of us ‘Burgher queens live in Westmoreland County) a great service by bringing them to our attention. Kudos.

BTW – True Blood is a great show, I hope you love it!

16. gunnlino
    July 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Ha ! I just watched the clip again, he was a tight end !
    Go ladies.

17. Marci
    July 29, 2010 12:50 pm

This just made my day, thank you.

18. mis
    July 29, 2010 1:10 pm

The show is just full of hotties! Personally Eric is my favorite but don’t forget about Jason and Sam. They did renew for a 4th season I heard :-)

19. Sara
    July 29, 2010 1:24 pm

I was so excited when I heard he was playing Alcide!! I couldn’t wait for this season to start…I can’t believe I never thought to email you about him Ginny. He is totally SHB material!!

20. Lizzy
    July 29, 2010 1:24 pm

DESSERT ;-)

21. Maggie K
    July 29, 2010 1:40 pm

YUM, YUM, YUM HE MAKES ME WANNA …..

22. Dan (Not Onarato)
    July 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Is it me or did it look like the booby ditzes were ready to pounce on him as soon as he walked out?

23. Kelly
    July 29, 2010 1:56 pm

Vampire Eric!!!!! How bout him in that blue V-neck the last few episodes???? *clap*clap*clap!!

Ginny – even if Alcide doesn’t appear til Season 3, True Blood is soooooo worth watching. Even if Eric, Jason and Alcide are insanely HOT, Lafayette is still my favorite character.

24. Angry Mongo
    July 29, 2010 1:56 pm

I did some theater with him at Pitt before he transferred to CMU. Of course that was a looooooong time ago.

Nice guy. Caught up with him, years ago, at the Hard Rock Opening in Station Square. I wouldn’t have known he was there except that some girls were asking for his autograph. (This was right after Spider-Man came out.)

I wanted to be angry that, as an actor, I kind of gave up [read: failed] and he ended up making it. Going from a small part in Spider-Man to appearing in HIMYM and Las Vegas and CSI and now he’s hit a huge amount of pay dirt, career wise, was enough to make me want to be angry but I just have to be proud that one of us underlings from the bowels of Pittsburgh Academic Theater made it big.

Congrats, Joe.

P.S. They are a bit “booby”, huh?

25. Jess
    July 29, 2010 2:02 pm

I think he’s mentioned the ‘burgh in almost every interview I’ve come across recently. In one from Comic Con, he was asked about playing Superman and said something to the effect of “Well, I’m from Pittsburgh, the Steel Town, so playing the Man of Steel would be awesome.” And he’s said one of his big dreams is getting his photo on the wall of fame at Primanti’s.

Swoon.

26. owlgirl
    July 29, 2010 2:07 pm

I’m sure somebody will give you sh*t about calling him a hot ‘burgher since he’s from Mt. Lebanon. After all, it’s 6 miles outside the city limits… ;-)

Oh, and holy fake boobage Jillian!

27. Baba Wawa
    July 29, 2010 2:07 pm

totally love true blood….my favs are eric and jessica (the baby vamp)!

28. bluzdude
    July 29, 2010 2:17 pm

I wonder if, during his audition, he asked, “So, yinz want me to spraht fang n’at?”

29. Sara
    July 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Bluzdude…I haven’t stopped laughing for the last 10 minutes!!!! that is AWESOME.

30. Cassie
    July 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Bluz, you never fail to impress me.

Oh, and the nudity. Being a nurse, I see a lot of boobs and balls, but they tend to be old. Young vampires and werewolves? Sign me up!

31. DuranieGirl
    July 29, 2010 4:46 pm

ok, I’ve been watching True Blood since day 1. There are so many hot guys on this show and whenever I saw this man, I moved him to the #1 spot. Knowing he is a ‘Burgher just made him 10 million times more swoon worthy. I think I will battle you for the self-united husband title.

32. Butcher's Dog
    July 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Didn’t take much to whip the estrogen cloud into a frenzy, did it?

33. Monty
    July 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Cassie rules.

“Being a nurse, I see a lot of boobs and balls, but they tend to be old.”

That is some grade A+ Jack Handey channeling.

34. swampangel65
    July 29, 2010 5:47 pm

OMG, you will LOVE True Blood…and he ain’t the only hot one on that show, either. I have passed around season one to so many people, and each one has gone crazy for that show.

35. KKinLA
    July 29, 2010 6:51 pm

I had no idea he was from the ‘Burgh. I agree with DuranieGirl – he’s definitely #1 on the list!

July 29, 2010 8:41 pm

I’d like to be in the middle of that sandwich….

37. mel
    July 29, 2010 11:01 pm

Dude, I am SO GLAD that he’s not that Taylor Lautner character. I was truly frightened when I saw the title of this post, because, you know, that Taylor child is now temporarily residing in Mt. Lebo, apparently? and I had a moment of horror when I thought, Oh no, another person who thinks he is good looking. Sometimes I see today’s hot-throbs and wonder what the heck is wrong with the girly youth today…

But this guy? I get it. There’s nothing wrong. And he’s most definitely NOT that Taylor kid. Whew. Thank you for not letting me down.

38. Matt
    July 30, 2010 9:33 am

Ok. With all due respect to your post, I am anxiously awaiting the next one. I don’t care if it Mary Had Little Lamb typed 1000 times but every time I click to the home page I get “shirtless man”. Problem is my computer faces down the hall and…well… this takes alot of explaining to people who walk by my door.

39. BeauJacques
    July 30, 2010 11:58 am

#29 @bluzdude-

Could be funniest comment I ever read here!! :-)

40. emilie
    July 30, 2010 6:22 pm

yum. did you know he was also once on one tree hill? yup. true story. and i’m pretty sure i don’t remember him being that delicious looking at the time. MRROOWWW!!!

41. Pingback: Big Boys with a Big Blog

42. Steverino
    August 3, 2010 10:19 am

Nice interview, but I was laughing all the way through it at the tarts with the fake boobs popping out of their low-cut tops. I guess everyone is what passes for TV anchors in LA.

43. Pingback: Compare and Contrast « Red Pen Mama