Random n’at

1. Yes, if you scroll down, the fuggity picture is there in all of its poinsettial velveteen glory.

We are VERY close to the $1,000 mark, which will unveil the entire picture of me in that hideous green sweater and what can only be described as an afro.

Glasses and mustache are a guarantee at this point.

Also, I think Poinsettial Velveteen Glory would make a great church band name.

2. The Penguins have apparently ignored my idea of MomDorks on Ice and instead are going with SUPER HOT SKINNY GIRLS WHO CAN’T SKATE ON ICE.

Go over to Pensblog to check out what they’re billing as, “The GIF Heard ‘Round the World” to see one of those hotties in action.

Pretty sure she swallowed her chin.

That’s hot.

3. A little joke you may have heard already, but it was new to me:

I met a fairy today who said she would grant me one wish.

“I want to live forever,” I said.

“Sorry,” said the fairy, “I can’t grant wishes like that.”

I said, “Okay, I want to die when the Pirates have a winning season.”

Love it. Also, whenever I read the phrase “live forever,” I immediately get that song from Fame! stuck in my head.

“I’m gonna learn how to fly …”

And there’s the jazz hands. Damn it.

(h/t KGC)

4. A woman got high, went batshit crazy at her friend’s house in Canonsburg, got naked, and well:

Pihiou told police that Varner called him and asked him to pick her up in Washington. He took her to his home. She then started “acting funny” and took off all her clothes, Pihiou reported to police.

Tenny asked Varner to put on some clothes. Varner got up and walked to the kitchen. Pihiou told police, “I bet she throws herself down the steps.”

Police said Varner then threw herself down the basement steps, head-first. Pihiou told police that she had done that in the past at the home of another friend.

You know what this is? This is a public service commercial in the making.

Kids, this is your brain.

This is your brain on drugs after you’ve thrown your naked self head-first down a flight of stairs.

Brilliant.

(h/t Jennviolet)

5.  A seriously hot and chic Burgher Terra, who writes Stylish White Female, is in the running for a bit part in Mad Men via a contest that literally takes one second to vote. I mean, you just have to click the vote button. That’s it.

Here she is as herself:

Click here to see her as a Mad Men character and to vote!

6. Pittsburgh English has a Wiki page! I wasn’t aware.

Check this out:

Also, I like the word “nebshit.” I’m going to start using that.

(h/t Jon)

7. I swear it wasn’t me. It was clearly another nebshit.

Did I use that right?

(h/t Gary Jama)

8. Nebshit.

1. L-A
    August 3, 2010 11:45 am

Yay for Canonsburg! We made it on Thatschurch. So proud! Nebshit was definitely a staple in my family’s vocabulary.

2. spoon
    August 3, 2010 12:23 pm

The chick that biffed it probably said “hey dis ice over’ere is slippy! Yinz know dat?”

Every time Ginny posts a hot dude burgher I think she should also give the guys a Terra pic. Its only fair.

3. TripleC
    August 3, 2010 12:39 pm

Anyone else have issues with the Pensblog loading since they switched over to their new format (or whatever the correct techie-geek word might be)?

And I would induct Terra into the Hot-Redhead-Club which honestly doesn’t have too many members.

4. Butcher's Dog
    August 3, 2010 12:40 pm

Well, despite what the haters at Pensblog say/think, the Pens picked 8 girls out of over 160 who originally tried out. Men’s tryouts (140 scheduled) will be later this month. And all 8 girls can skate, I understand. Some are even skating instructors. “Look before you leap” should especially apply to those leaping to conclusions.

Just sayin’.

5. Amber
    August 3, 2010 12:53 pm

Ah, nebshit. One of my grandparents’ favorite derogatory terms to call nosy neighbors. :)

6. PA Girl in VA
    August 3, 2010 1:17 pm

OMG I can’t let my husband hear the word “nebshit” – he is from Bellevue and calls me nebnose and nebby as it is. I don’t need another name! But I must say I’ve never heard him say ‘nebshit’, and I would think he’d know THAT word…

7. TK
    August 3, 2010 1:27 pm

You know you’re getting old when you look at the picture of Burgher Terra and your first thought is:

Wow, that downspout next to her looks like it really needs to be replaced. And soon.

8. Sooska
    August 3, 2010 1:43 pm

Apparently, Pittsburghese is a unique because of something called monophthongization. That is the thing we do that makes some of us say “Hahse” instead of “House” and “dahntahn” instead of “downtown.” “Monophthongization” sounds so damn dirrrty. That’s just the nebshit, Burghers.

9. rickh
    August 3, 2010 2:46 pm

@TK, I thought the same thing. Going with the theme here, “the sidewalk could use some rahndup and that dahnspaht needs replaced!”

August 3, 2010 3:33 pm

#4 — drugs are bad, ummkay?

#5 — so, terra — is her last name “firma”? m’rowrrr….

if she gets on that show, she’d better watch out for that don draper. he’s separated from his wife, he’s got the bachelor pad up and running and will do anything in sight after a couple dozen hot toddys….

11. Chris
    August 3, 2010 3:38 pm

Burgher Terra needs to pick a different location to take a picture. Not only did I also say the same thing about the downspout, but that sidewalk sure could use weeding ‘n at.

12. PittinDC
    August 3, 2010 5:28 pm

I love to say nebby and nebshit. I once made the mistake of saying it around one of my husband’s friends though, (my husband is from Anapolis) and he won’t stop making fun of me for it. They are quality words though.. and the best part is, no one ever knows what I’m talking about.

13. johnaz6312
    August 3, 2010 10:27 pm

Hey Ginny!! Didn’t you and me date briefly in grade school?

Just kidding but that picture reminds me alot of a girl I dated back in the 70’s.Her name was Karen. I will forgo her last name for her own safety and privacy and probaly embarrasment concerns.
    Anyhow, you had the same hairdo & glasses. Ain’t life grand!!

I havn’t seen or heard the word “nebshit” in quite a long time. Defintley a Pittsburgh thing!

14. Bitter
    August 3, 2010 11:38 pm

Nebshit is definitely a staple in my vernacular.

15. Roxy
    August 4, 2010 12:30 pm

I have used nebby and nebshit all my life. I am a huge nebshit!

August 4, 2010 5:07 pm

5. Is there somewhere I can see the other contestants? Because, you know, I might want to vote for someone else. Isn’t this how you Pittsburghers get in all the trouble you’re always in, reflexively pushing the “D” button without bothering to look at who else is running?

Course it is.