My life has been a bit hectic lately, and that means I haven’t had time to chat with you about all the things I wanted to chat with you about. You know, if I wouldn’t write such ridiculously wordy sentences like the one I just wrote, I’d probably have more free time. I have so much self-awareness it’s scary. But you can’t grow up looking like I did and not be completely self-aware.
Look at this tangent. THIS IS WHY I HAVE NO TIME.
I made the decision yesterday to start simplifying my life. Cutting things out. Saying no to things. Because this girl right here? Is a yes girl. Yes! YES! Sure! NO PROBLEM! And then all those yeses build up on top of your head until you collapse to the floor under their weight all, “NOOOOOOoooooooo.”
Some of the things I didn’t get to chat with you about because I’m such a yes girl, and all of them have to do with the Steelers:
1. Some of the Steelers, including Daniel Sepulveda (STEP OFF!) went to Mexico City, where they have an enormous fan base. ENORMOUS. I can’t even tell you how popular the Steelers are in Mexico. There are two team jerseys you can always find in any store in Mexico, the Steelers and the Cowboys [ptooie ptooie]. The reason my husband gave me a second look when we met in Mexico and he was a hot nightclub manager and I was a dork in braids and a hat? He heard I was from Pittsburgh and he wanted to talk Steelers. True. Story.
Here are two pics from Steelers.com. More can be found here.
2. Jeff Reed, who I need to tread on lightly just for a bit because I’m trying to get him to do a nice thing for a SICK KID (the irony is not lost on me), said:
“I’m not going to point anyone out or any statement out, but, yeah, I was told one thing and another thing happened,” Reed said after training camp Saturday. “I understand business moves, but I’m not a big fan of lying.”
Jeff will be making $2.8 million this year to kick the football for us.
That’s all I’m going to say about that for now, but you should read the whole article and then in the comments of this post, do your best to SAY WHAT I AM THINKING AND USE THE WORD “SLUTS” IF YOU CAN.
3. I’m hoping to get a What They’re Really Thinking: Training Camp Edition out this week. Fingers crossed!
4. Troysus is going to be a father again.
Yes, that is his verified twitter account.
5. Ben Roethlisberger was all ascared ’cause he thought the fans would boo him at training camp, and in true fanatic fashion, they did not. They welcomed him with open arms and cheering and hero worship adoration.
Benny gave an interview to the P-G and he almost had me, you guys.
He talked about being afraid, and wanting a second chance and about his dad and …
I am hoping and praying that I get a warm reception. I hope people want to give me another chance and that they will give me that chance to prove to them … It would tear me apart if [booing] happened at home. On the road we are used to it anyway. I can block that out; but it touches my heart because I love Pittsburgh.”
He had me until “yinzer.”
I’m a ‘yinzer.’ I don’t say it, but I am a yinzer.
And that’s when the “CALCULATED PR MOVE” light I keep in my brain started flashing and the warning beep-boops started and the siren went off and reached out and bitchslapped me for almost giving in so easily.
Benny considers himself a yinzer about as much as I consider myself a fantastic singer.
Have you heard me sing? What did the doctor say about the blood that oozed from your ears?
Nice try, Benny. Less talky, more do-y.