Mo money, mo problems.

I’ll have an updated total soon on how close we are to $1,500 needed for the release of the three pictures. I’m kinda dreading their release. Maybe we should just get to $1,499 and then stop there?

I kid.

In the meantime, my latest post is up at Pittsburgh Magazine’s site, this one about the report released by John McCain and Tom Coburn detailing projects that are wasting federal stimulus dollars.

Number three on the list? Well, just go see.

Also go see what made me write, “ECONOMY STIMULATION SPIRIT FINGERS AND JAZZ HANDS!”

1. Scott L
    August 4, 2010 2:44 pm

Ah the North Shore Connector – no more of a waste than Sky Bus, which ended up being an overly paved tunnel and a pile of scrap metal in South Park.

Way to go, I knew somehow they would top that one.

2. spoon
    August 4, 2010 3:13 pm

Its gonna take a lot of spackle to plug those North Shore Connector holes.

3. CrashJK
    August 4, 2010 3:33 pm

Bwahahahaha…you make me laugh Ginny…that was a great read…I kept getting visions of “Just Jack” insert jazz hands pop (Will and Grace reference folks)

4. Sooska
    August 4, 2010 4:16 pm

That project is called a “boondoggle.” (how did they get stimulus money when it has been on the books for years?) It is an expensive taxpayer subsidized convenience for Steelers season ticket holders who are too lazy to walk across the bridges. “OOO too cold, too far. We want to spend that time getting shitfaced in the stadium parking lots.”

It would have been better spent on having real public transit from the east end instead of that horrible busway system.

5. Al
    August 4, 2010 4:21 pm

I’m all for extending the rail system to the north side and beyond, but wouldn’t it have been cheaper to just build another bridge?

6. Politicalpartypooper
    August 4, 2010 8:34 pm

If we get to $2,000, will there be nudity involved? :D

7. Magnus Patris
    August 4, 2010 10:15 pm

It’s about time some of this “pork” gets spent in western Pennsylvania. I lived in the DC area for over 20 years and believe me they spent a lot of federal money on a lot of stupid shit down there because no matter where the Senators were from they lived in the DC metro area. If there was a choice of spending money on something stupid in Pittsburgh (like a tunnel to the casino, garbage cans with some idiot politician’s name on it, or a pigeon death chamber) or spending that same money in Philthadelphia on ANYTHING, I’d say “DIG BABY, DIG”! OK, pigeon death chamber would be legit.

8. Jaime
    August 5, 2010 9:10 am

To this non-engineer, it seems that the problem with a lot of the ‘burgh’s traffic and construction plans is that they are short term fixes rather than long term solutions. For instance, isn’t there an engineer anywhere in the world that can come up with a better solution for traffic into town on 28? The four lane road simply doesn’t work. Its constantly under construction with constant back-ups and delays. My point is that just adding another Band-Aid isn’t going to fix the problem. But no one seems to want to do that.

9. Stephen
    August 5, 2010 9:24 am

There are a lot of PennDOT workers who have absolutely no problem working on the exact same stretch of road every single summer for the rest of time. (It’s not the workers fault–they don’t call those shots–but they certainly benefit.)

PennDOT is straight up fraud, but no citizen or politician wants to call them out. There’s too many votes–I mean workers–in PennDOT.