Five Questions for …

At this point, let’s just all point and laugh at the ridiculous idea that I could take two weeks off. LOL. WTF. BBQ. DOA. BFF.

Two weeks ago my sisters and my parents and I were gathered at Princess Aurora’s house in Wexford, gathered around the island in her kitchen, when we started discussing the person who was answering my next Five Questions for …

Dan Cortese. Swoon.

You can read a bit of the conversation over at the post, but I left this part out. The part where my sister Tina Fey said, “I love Dan Cortese. I’d leave my husband for Dan Cortese.”

She was joking. I think.

It was a short time later that we somehow switched the subject over to kitchen pantry organization. I think it had something to do with the fact that we are the kind of wild and crazy women that hiphop stars rap about.

[throws signs]

Anyway, this happened:

Pens Fan: “Have you SEEN Tina Fey’s kitchen pantry lately?!”

Me: “No. Why.”

Princess Aurora:  “She has canisters and containers in which she sorts and labels her COOKIE CUTTERS.”

Me: “Nuh-uh.”

Tina Fey: “What? I have a lot of cookie cutters.”

Princess Aurora: “One of the containers is labeled ‘FOWL’.”

Tina Fey: “I needed a way to separate certain kinds of birds from birds that …”

Me: “You know what? I don’t think Dan Cortese would be interested in you.”

So I asked Pittsburgher Dan Cortese, who you may know from any number of television shows, five questions and his answers are just awesome.

We talk about Pittsburgh, staying in shape, his age, MTV Rock n’ Jock Softball, and how he feels about the whole Ben Roethlisberger situation.

Go have a read!

You can also follow him at @dancortese1 on twitter where he regularly responds to those that tweet him.

1. Cassie
    August 11, 2010 4:49 pm

OMG, I remember him from the show “What I Like About You.” HOT HOT HOT.

Yah, I’d leave my husband for him, too.

2. tw
    August 11, 2010 4:56 pm

I had no idea the “mimbo” was from the ‘burgh. How cool! He has some wonderful answers and I love his line about burghers being so “real”. I’ve moved away from the burgh myself (philly area) and I can definitely attest to the people back home being more upfront (even my husband notices it when we come back home). It’s one of the things that is so frustrating about moving away.

3. Lindsay
    August 11, 2010 10:44 pm

I had all but forgotten Dan Cortese but what a great blast from the past. Great article – great guy!

4. HollyT
    August 12, 2010 10:43 pm

Can we get a tv show produced with the 3 hot Burgher actors-David Conrad, Dan Cortese and Joe Manganiello?? I think it would be very popular no matter the plot of the show…

5. Betty
    August 13, 2010 10:56 am

Dan is a really great guy! He’s my best friend’s cousin and I remember going to her family reunions and hanging out with him when we were teens (he’s the same age as me). He was hot at 14 and has steadily improved with age. It’s good to see him back on TV.

6. elysianfantasy
    August 13, 2010 11:01 am

Oh, how I loved him on MTV and Veronica’s Closet. I think I remember him a long time ago saying he was from da Burgh in one of his interviews around that time. *sigh* I could stare at him all day and NOT get tired!

7. Jenn
    August 13, 2010 11:34 am

We grew up in the same town, and when I was in middle school my best friends older sister had a HUGE crush on him!

8. Mary
    August 13, 2010 3:19 pm

I remember having his dad as a substitute teacher, back in the day. I didn’t know who Dan was then but was glad to find out.

9. Megs
    August 16, 2010 7:44 pm

I love this article! I went to QV with Dan, one of his older brothers was my older brother’s friend and an even hotter older brother of Dan’s was a substitute teacher (ay yi yi!). He and his family are great and I love following his success. Thanks for this!