Random n’at

1. I am trying to get back into the swing of things here in the Burgh since my return from vacation and this week is madness. MADNESS I TELL YOU. I have one child starting school, one toddler to prepare for preschool, the Tassy event at the Priory, opening night of the Phantom of the Opera, Genre’s Kids With Cancer Fund Footsteps in Faith Run That I Will Walk, and then a wedding.

Add to that dentist appointments, vet appointments, blogging, column writing, and next week I’m drilling with a local fire station and THIS IS ME AS A HEADLESS CHICKEN.

Bawk.

Or is it bock?

2. So my sister Tina Fey, a huge health nut, convinced me while on vacation that high fructose corn syrup is deviljuice and since my return home, I’m trying to rid my house of the stuff. Not. Easy!

My God, they’ll sneak that shit into anything, won’t they?

3. Lots of you emailed me this picture of Daniel Sepulveda with Taylor Lautner, I think because they figured it would be double hotness for me.

But I just don’t find 18-year-old boys attractive.

However, judging from the incoming searches from Google that land on my site, there are droves of girls, teens, and moms stalking him and trying to find out where he’s sleeping here in Pittsburgh while filming. I hope that boy sleeps with one eye open … and his blankie BECAUSE HE IS A CHILD, LADIES.

4. Your chance to be a permanent part of the Mario Mosaic at the new Consol Energy Center is coming to a close.

Until August 31, you can submit a photo of you, your family, your pets, or maybe your self-united husbands to the Mario Lemieux Foundation and for a fee of $66 dollars your photo will be joined with other photos to make one giant picture of Mario Lemiuex.

A permanent tribute to the President of Pittsburgh, as I call him.

That makes Nathalie the First Lady, Nancy Angus his Chief of Staff, and me the girl hauled away by the secret service for suspicious, fervent, and ceaseless stalking.

Anyway, you can go here to submit your picture. First come, first serve, because once the spots are filled, you’ve lost your chance to be a part of the Mario magic. All proceeds will benefit the foundation.

Plus, if you ever meet Mario Lemieux, instead of being like me all, “[giggle] [swoon] XBOX hockey marry me [blubber] [giggle],” you’ll actually have a conversation starter! “Mario! My man! I am part of the Mario Mosaic!”

I bet he’ll buy you dinner after that.

Invite me.

5. In Spain, they have too many pigeons.

I would like to stop a moment and tell you that ONE PIGEON IS TOO MANY PIGEONS.

Carrying on, in Spain, they have too many pigeons and this is how they’re dealing:

YouTube Preview Image

Catapulting nets at flocks of the suckers, thus creating the creepiest video ever.

I may never sleep again.

(h/t Luke, Cadi, Ian, Tracy, Ken and anyone else I missed)

6. LOVE THIS.

My mother brought over my childhood Little Orphan Annie doll and my Cabbage Patch doll for my daughter.

She was all, “Where’s the on switch? Does she talk? Does she pee? Does she poop? Will she teach me spelling?”

Kids these days.

(h/t Will)

7. Next Three Days, the movie that Russell Crowe filmed here in Pittsburgh, has a trailer. FILLED TO THE TOP with Pittsburgh goodness.

YouTube Preview Image

I love it when movies filmed here actually look like movies filmed here.

Go, Pittsburgh. See what you can spot in the trailer.

1. DuranieGirl
    August 24, 2010 9:16 am

I have no problem swooning over Taylor Lautner or Daniel. Actually, they look like they could be related, brothers perhaps. SSSSWWWWOOOONNNNN

2. parkingchair
    August 24, 2010 9:40 am

I love Spain. There is nothing more to say.

August 24, 2010 9:45 am

1. It’s “bock” if you’re drinking. And it seems like you may need to drink.

3. Taylor es un jagoff! Taylor es un jagoff!

6. Hey, that little girl looks a lot like she could be an offspring of Susie Derkins … Naaaaaah. Couldn’t be.

7. Man, I have a lot of mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand: Russell Crowe, meh. On the other: Elizabeth Banks. Nomnomnom. On the one hand, Paul Haggis “Crash.” Terrible. Just awful. On the other hand, Paul Haggis, “In the Valley of Elah,” pretty damn good. On the one hand, Pittsburgh. Yeaaaaah. On the other hand … wait, where did my other hand go?

I’ll wait for the reviews.

4. gunnlino
    August 24, 2010 9:59 am

Gotta love Spain ! I guess there’s no PETA there.

5. D. Marie
    August 24, 2010 10:03 am

I am a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan, and I love that poster.

6. Lauren
    August 24, 2010 10:09 am

3. So, when Sidney Crosby was 18 and a rookie, you didn’t swoon? Not even a little bit? : )

7. Lisa
    August 24, 2010 10:23 am

Seriously, Taylor lautner looks younger than my 19 year old son, and ewww it just seems creepy to “look” at him like that.
    And boy I will go see the Russel crow flick, yay Pittsburgh!

8. Virginia
    August 24, 2010 10:44 am

Lauren, touche.

I totally swooned over Sidney.

You win. ;)

9. bluzdude
    August 24, 2010 10:53 am

Just so you realize that if it were middle-aged men mooning around over some 17-year old girlie, you’d be all, “Perv-Stalker-Rapist-Call911!”

Of course I AM going to see the “So You Think You Can Dance Tour”… hmmm. I better keep my guard up…

10. Angry Mongo
    August 24, 2010 10:56 am

Ladies, (pulls pin, tosses grenade)

Here’s a better werewolf for you than Lautner.

(covers ears and runs)

11. DG
    August 24, 2010 11:03 am

Love all the Pittsburgh in the movie trailer. I love it when they use the actual interiors of Pgh buildings. Our courthouse is beautiful.

12. Lauren
    August 24, 2010 11:35 am

Ginny,

To your credit, Sid seemed like an adult even then, so I think it’s more acceptable to swoon over him then some kid who runs around with his shirt off and was the star of a movie called “Aqua Boy.” And I’m in the same camp you are, Lautner is a little kid, LOL.

13. Lisa
    August 24, 2010 11:39 am

That pigeon video is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen.

14. DuranieGirl
    August 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Angry Mongo – I will agree that Joe Manganiello is the hottest werewolf ever.

And men have been mooning over younger women since the dawn of time. In my eyes Taylor is not a kid, he looks pretty damn manly to me.

15. Scott
    August 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Pittsburgh looks like it will have some nice coverage in this Crowe movie! SWEET!! Anyone else see She’s Out of My League? Also really good at showcasing the beauty of the city. I think the restaurant in the middle of Market Square would be pretty awesome if it was actually there.

16. Scott
    August 24, 2010 12:53 pm

While not set in Pittsburgh (I don’t think anyway) and not sure that there will be many shots of the city itself in this, the Denzel Washington movie that filmed here last year will be released in November. Here is the trailer.

17. Cassie
    August 24, 2010 2:08 pm

I’m almost as excited for this new movie as I was for Flashdance! Go Pittsburgh movies! Next up? One for the Money. However – that’s ‘supposed to be’ Trenton. Hmm..

18. Lauren
    August 24, 2010 2:23 pm

I am both disturbed and inspired by the pigeon video. Props to you, Spain, for controlling the GROSS quotient in your country, however interesting your methods may be.

I saw the trailer for Next Three Days last night at the movies ($5 Movie Monday at Cranberry Cinemas!) and I was all “Squee! Pittsburgh! I love you!”

19. toni
    August 24, 2010 3:58 pm

Meh on Crowe,Joe Manganiello, Lautner AND Sidney as eyecandy. Now Sam Elliott, thats a NOM. Grey hair and wrinkles on a man isn’t age, it’s warrior lines.

20. Bram R
    August 24, 2010 4:37 pm

What the heck do they do with the giant flapping sack of pigeons? Throw it in the river? Birds know how to get back to where they were.

21. Lisa J
    August 24, 2010 8:36 pm

The pigeon catcher?? OMG! They sucked them in by making them think they were going to feed them, then throw the net over them them? HahahahahahaAAAAhahahaha. Sorry, I’m done.

I can’t bring myself to swoon for Taylor Lautner. I was close right up until I say him on the Today Show and Matt Lauer pointed out that he’s still at child at 18. Then I felt all icky.

22. Trish
    August 25, 2010 7:21 am

Taylor Lautner is a butterface (buthisface?). And a child. Like many, though, I did swoon over Sid in his teens. I once jokingly yelled at my husband for admiring Hilary Duff on a magazine cover when she was maybe 16 so he takes great pleasure in yelling HE’S HALF YOUR AGE YOU PERVERT when I’m watching Pens games.

“The Next Three Days” … I don’t know. Paul Haggis was behind one of my favorite TV shows of all time, “due South” so I always cut him some slack and it’s a nice twist that the wife gets busted for murder and Liam Neeson seems to be going for a Best Supporting Actor nod and Pittsburgh is pretty but it looks pretty formula.

23. cmd_45
    August 25, 2010 8:36 am

I think Taylor Lautner was actually “Shark Boy” complete with razor teeth. Too young for me if my kids watch him on ABC Family.

24. JJ
    August 25, 2010 1:38 pm

I’m 29, and while some of my friends tease me about it, I have no problem thinking Taylor Lautner is hot. Have you seen his abs?! I also enjoy Daniel Sepulveda, so THANK YOU for posting this picture, I’m lovin’ it!
    Also, did you see Sepulveda’s tackle in the last preseason game? HOTT.

25. Clementine
    August 25, 2010 9:51 pm

18 year old Taylor Lautner = ew.
    23 year old Tyler Grisham = nom nom!

Hmm, let’s not think about that too much. It might ruin my innocent lust for Steeler boy.