Heartaches by the Numbers

Wow. I’ve done a lot of sports posts in a row, haven’t I?

Sorry about that.

But this one must be written.  You must watch this video put together by the P-G with Dennis Roddy serenading us Buccos fans about the heartaches we have experienced cheering on The Suckitude over the years.

It is hilarious and excellent and my favorite line is “when someone learns to play this game, we trade him out the doooor.”

YouTube Preview Image

“We had Barry Bonds when he was skinny …”

1. spoon
    August 27, 2010 9:29 am

at :49 the “i” in Pittsburgh isn’t dotted. THAT’S THE PROBLEM!! They forgot to dot the “i”!

*whew* that was easy. Here I thought it was mismanagement for the last 18 years but it really just a typo.

August 27, 2010 9:57 am

Nutting is too cheap to pay for the dots on the i’s. I bet the T’s weren’t crossed either.

3. Mike
    August 27, 2010 10:06 am

Yes, but the FUs were perfectly and painstakingly correct.

4. No One On Here Knows Football
    August 27, 2010 11:21 am

Lame.

Usual idiots who know nothing about the game claiming they know why the Pirates are bad.

I’d love to know who all these great players we’ve traded away are.

And the Bay deal was a good deal for the Pirates. Idiots.

5. CrashJK
    August 27, 2010 11:35 am

I’m glad with dumped Nate McClouth – he sucks now, playing in the minors with a bad knee…

Sanchez & Wilson – also good dumps, end of their careers. Sanchez has been benched and Wilson got hurt anytime he put on his cap….

Trading away Matt Caps – now, I’d like to have him back.

Let’s Go Bucs…via El Toro

6. Virginia
    August 27, 2010 11:51 am

“No one on here …”

After your last five comments, I gotta say, good Lord, do you wake up in the morning under a giant cloud of negativity that then rains down more negativity on your head? We get it. You hate everything.

7. L-A
    August 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Lighten up, No one, it’s Friday! Or do I also know nothing about the days of the week and it’s really Monday? Gosh, I am such an IDIOT.

8. USCMike
    August 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Regardless of who we’ve traded, the fact remains that this team seems utterly incapable of discovering, developing and retaining talent. And given the news of their profit$, there doesn’t appear to be any impetus to change directions and spend some more money to possibly field a competitive team. They can claim they’re changing things all they want, but the proof is on the field and in the standings (ironic, considering we ‘sit’ in the cellar).

As a result, we’re paying MLB prices to watch a AAA team…

You want to pack the stands? After the season is over, schedule a 3 game series with the Wild Things to see who wins. Now that’s something I’d pay to watch!

9. Mike
    August 27, 2010 4:04 pm

@USCMike:

You forgot one part, though. The winner of the game determines who gets to play in the Majors the next season. Might be an improvement, considering this year’s team resembles something you might get if you put Gomer Pyle and Forest Gump in a room and told them not to come out until they had an MLB roster in place.

10. No One On Here Knows Anything
    August 28, 2010 3:06 am

@Crash

They didn’t trade Capps. Decided not to sign him. Not a bad move.

@the Rest of You

I get angry when people who know nothing about sports act like they do.

11. Donncha
    August 28, 2010 10:22 am

@ No one

Seems to us you just get angry. Period.