Son: “Mom, I have horrible news.”
Son: “It’s raining in the living room.”
I guess no mother gets through the child-rearing years without living room rain brought on by a toddler having fun overflowing an upstairs sink, right?
How was YOUR weekend?
2. Why I could never be employed by a newspaper. I’d have to write reviews that say things like this:
From the moment we first hear his booming voice, which reverberated throughout the Benedum, to the moment he disappears, he is simultaneously repulsive and alluring.
Instead of how I wanted to and did say it:
But then, near the end, there was the Phantom, desperate, no mask, scarred, a few random hairs poking out of his bald head, grotesque, singing his heart out, surrounding me with music, and I fell back in love with the psycho murderous freak of nature and switched teams. EFF RAOUL. RAOUL DOESN’T SURROUND ME WITH MUSIC.
3. I finally met Randy Baumann in person at the Meet Tassy event at the Priory last week. Looky!
Looky at Sally Wiggin, too!
And looky at my stupid glasses.
Cannot wait until this whole “contact overwear” business that my optometrist totally made up is done with and I can go back to my contact lens worship.
Also, that photo was taken with Randy’s iPhone camera and then he handed me his phone so that I could type in my email address to email it to myself.
I also typed in the subject and message.
I bet Randy never makes that mistake again.
4. Jeff Reed in contention as the best NFL player to EVER wear the number 3.
The mind. It boggles.
5. Ladies, the owners of Fun Party Stores launched an actual club you can join as a fan of the Steelers! Black n Gold Girls!
It includes meetups and member discounts as well as apparel. What an idea!
I hope the membership card is a shirtless picture of Tyler Grisham.
6. DID YOU SEE HIS CATCH LAST NIGHT?! He better make the damn team or I will have rage unseen since they cut Jeremy Bloom.
7. The stupidest site in all of the Internet, until www.cockroachauction.com goes live.
8. John Fetterman was invited back to the Colbert Report in an episode that aired last week.
Which is true. Did you see his hit on Kyle Orton yesterday? Boom goes the dynamite.