Three reasons …

… why I love Pittsburgh today.

1. I love Pittsburgh today because Pittsburgh and pretty much only Pittsburgh would have an art school dress up their dinosaur as Lady Gaga. In fact, this project was done by the students completely on their own. Just students wanting to give Rex a new look. They even built speakers into the shoulder pads, so if you walk by, you’ll hear music.

Rah rah ah ah ah, Rex-ah Rex-a-ah.

2. I love Pittsburgh because the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust was brave enough to do this to their massive email distribution list:

There’s the P-G and the Trib, being all MSM and reputable and respected, and then there’s me, being all caps-lock crazy and EFF!-rampant, and indecisive, and then finally all, “EFF RAOUL!”

3. I love Pittsburgh today because Pittsburgh and pretty much only Pittsburgh would produce such a kickass music video about a Zombie Apocalypse, this by Best Friend Fight and Scarehouse, featuring WPXI’s Rob on the Run and Andy Gastmeyer.

YouTube Preview Image

Can’t talk. Killing zombies. BRB.

LOL.

I could have sworn I spotted Tall Cathy in there somewhere.

Also, I love Pittsburgh because I feel real good about Pittsburgh’s chances of surviving a zombie apocalypse.

1. Cnik
    September 1, 2010 9:26 am

…yet the dinosaur is far better looking and has much more talent than Lady Gaga.

2. Monty
    September 1, 2010 9:33 am

A steady rotation of the Scarehouse video, the Moon high school kids’ video, the snowmageddon snowboard video and the giant tennis ball video would beat anything that’s been on MTV since the Beastie Boys’ Sabotage and the earlier days in which Madonna slammed me face first into puberty.

September 1, 2010 9:39 am

The zombie apocalypse is coming, sooner than you think:

4. Joel
    September 1, 2010 10:07 am

I got that Cultural Trust E-mail yesterday and was soo excited for you! I was on vacation last week so I had to go read all the posting that I had missed to finally get back to the Phantom post!

But I’m totes with your sisters…Team Raoul…actually…I’d probably be Team Little Ballet Girl and Her Grandma…but that’s just me.

5. ScareHouse Scott
    September 1, 2010 11:10 am

No Tall Cathy cameo in the zombie video, I think you’re confusing the tall zombie with Laura from Visit Pittsburgh (and the Meet Tassy event.) Thanks for the love!

6. Mia
    September 1, 2010 11:14 am

I don’t remember where I read this, but someone did a poll on what cities were most likely to survive a zombie apocalypse. Pittsburgh wasn’t on it. The consensus was this is probably where the zombie apocalypse will start! :D

7. AModelCitizen
    September 1, 2010 11:32 am

Of course Pittsburgh would survive a zombie apocalypse. George Romero (sp?) has been kill yinzers off with them for 40+ years now…

8. OleTwoEyes
    September 1, 2010 12:06 pm

You need to add a fourth – jackie evancho.

9. SpudMom
    September 1, 2010 1:55 pm

1. I really dislike Lady Gaga and don’t get the appeal but I love that a bunch of art students did that to welcome her to the city when he’s here this weekend. I hope that someone tweeted that picture to her because I bet she’d love it.

2. Awesome!

3. Pittsburgh would be last man standing in the Zombie Apocalypse.

You know today has been a pretty awesome day so far and this is a little unusual for me. This post added to the awesomeness. Thanks!

10. SpudMom
    September 1, 2010 1:57 pm

Whoops! SHE’S here! SHE.

11. Bluetail
    September 1, 2010 3:34 pm

i don’t get it. Austin, TX, claims that it is the capital of ‘weird’ or ‘quirky’ or something but today’s post reminds me that Austin ain’t got nuthin’ on the Burgh. Step back, Austin.

12. Tam
    September 2, 2010 7:52 am

I got the Cultural Trust bulk email and totally cracked up having already read your Phantom review. Then when I got to the end and read their “Eff” warning, I almost swallowed my tongue laughing!

13. johnaz6312
    September 2, 2010 8:50 am

Dumb Video!! Couldn’t get thru it. When are people gonna get the word that RAP SUCKS!! And there is no talent involved!