Shit Terry Bradshaw says …

My latest post is up at Pittsburgh Magazine, this one about comments Terry Bradshaw made recently about Ben Roethlisberger, $50,000 earrings, and yes, playing for the Steelers.

Terry Bradshaw owes a lot to Pittsburgh and to hear him say these things, well, like I said, yinzers are going to call for his rings and zombies are going to rise up out of Monroeville Mall and go for his brains.

Have a read. Grab your pitchfork. Watch your brains.

1. CrashJK
    September 3, 2010 1:54 pm

Why diss Terry…he’s my favorite every Steeler, heck I still have an old Bradshaw #12 jersey somewhere in a storage tub….I love Bradshaw ! Long live Terry

2. Gowan
    September 3, 2010 2:03 pm

Virginia,
    Sounds like you’re having the very very common problem of removing Sharpie from walls and whatever. I have the solution: a stair remover by the name of Amodex will get it all off without removing the underlying paint (or varnish). Good luck. You can find it at your Jant Iggle or at amodexink.com.

3. Gunnlino
    September 3, 2010 2:08 pm

Bradshaw always did have a big mouth, but he is entitled to his opinion, and I agree with him or the diamonds and the hair and the inflated egos. What ever happened to play the game, do your job cash the check and go home to your wife and family?

4. bluzdude
    September 3, 2010 2:12 pm

I think Brad was just playing to his home crowd. I wouldn’t think too much of it.

Besides, we’ll always have Jack Lambert:

“If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler!”

5. Me
    September 3, 2010 2:16 pm

Yeah, I agree with Bluzdude. I completely read it as a kiss-up to the hometown, not a dis of the ‘burgh. I love Terry, though I unfortunately will always link him with the term “naked room” and will forever then see the image of his bare arse.

6. Dan (Not Onarato)
    September 3, 2010 2:48 pm

Sorry Ginny. Need to agree with the other posters so far. I dont think it was a cut on Pittsburgh, I mean who wouldnt want to win a championship in their hometown?

I kinda agree with him.

7. Angry Mongo
    September 3, 2010 3:05 pm

Why not mention Vince Young or Shaun Rogers, Terry? These guys clearly violated the conduct policy and received little to no punishment. I don’t condone Ben’s off field behavior but he was punished for his continual descent into badness, not for any actual crime.

Goodell hands out suspensions and fines with the same reasoning and consistency that the MPAA uses to hand out movie ratings. Why not put some of the blame on the league’s system instead of solely on the players? Instead of curbing the behavior they are merely reacting to it. The egos, pompousness, and police reports are going to continue. You don’t pull out the weed by the stem, you pull it out by the root.

8. debbiebear51
    September 3, 2010 3:43 pm

Yinzers don’t take it personally…Terry is just a crazy OLD FART!!! Maybe he wishes he had some of Troy Polamalu’s HAIR!!!!
    P.S. LOVE the Grisham pic, Ginny—thanks!

9. Still A, Fan
    September 3, 2010 4:20 pm

agree with Bluz….*have to* says it all. It was kissing up to home, not slapping Pittsburgh.

10. Pa-pop
    September 3, 2010 4:35 pm

Forgetaboutit. Brad’s never going to win awards for being erudite. Or even aero-dynamic. He won’t have to trot out a statement saying what he “meant to say was…” because I know what he was saying. He was just singing his twangy version of “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” to his native cousins. Now, if he strolls to the Point, drops trou and moons Heinz Field, then we’ll have something to discuss.

11. Mike
    September 3, 2010 4:46 pm

I think ‘burghers would be elated to hear Dan Marino say he would have liked to put on a Steelers uniform.

12. Virginia
    September 3, 2010 5:06 pm

I must add, could you imagine if Sidney Crosby said, “If I could do it all over again, I wish I didn’t have to play for Pittsburgh?”

Ouch.

13. Still A, Fan
    September 3, 2010 6:17 pm

man, i hate to be a jerk, but thats still not fair without the context of it being said to the local paper and the next sentence being that he wishes he could have played at home. sorry, i love brad and feel he needs to be defended here a little.

14. Virginia
    September 3, 2010 6:27 pm

Still,

Disagreeing with me doesn’t make you a jerk at all. It just means you disagree with me, and that’s cool.

I understand what you’re saying about context, but my point is, MAN did he choose the wrong words. There’s a way to say, “I’d love to have won some Super Bowls for my hometown,” without saying, “I wish I didn’t have to play for Pittsburgh.”

15. Dack
    September 3, 2010 7:15 pm

I guess Terry forgot when he said this (and forget that he did those things):

“I had separated myself from God. I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before … my whole life was out of control … I was trying to be someone else and was doing a rotten job of it.”

What is that old saying? Lets see, something about people who live in glass houses?

16. Virginia
    September 3, 2010 7:19 pm

Dack wins.

September 4, 2010 10:54 am

Nobody can say anything anymore without someone making a federal case out of it.

I’m just keeping my mouth shut from now on. You’ll never hear another word out of me. Nosiree bob. Not a word. Not a peep. Not one. single. solitary. syllable. That’s it. Finis. Kaput. You’ll never hear from me ag …

Oh, look! The Hilton’s in trouble. I wonder what Lukey’s bailout plan is …

18. mis
    September 4, 2010 4:39 pm

Well, he wasn’t accused of raping anybody. He admitted he got wild. So what.

Pittsburgh was pretty shitty to him for a long time. Don’t blame him for saying what he said.
    Everyone would like to play for their hometown.

19. cindy
    September 7, 2010 11:51 am

Terry’s comments throughout this have been that Ben should not be in bars and should not be “picking up young girls” – again we have a case of the pot meeting the kettle:

Bradshaw was 32-years old when he married his 19-year old third wife. Guess where?

20. GoBobbo
    September 7, 2010 1:59 pm

I’m OK with what he said. His comments were fine.

21. eileen
    September 7, 2010 4:27 pm

Thats classic Bradshaw. He says stupid things all the time. Then he says “oh shit….sorry”
    Then he laughes at himself for being a moron.
    Thats what I like about him. He laughs at himself.