‘Scuse me. [swoon]

You guys.

Sidney Crosby hit a ball out of the PNC Park, right into the river.

I can’t even. Here’s the video.

Is there nothing he can’t do?

I bet you could throw some figure skates on him and he’d land a quadruple axle. Blindfolded. With one arm tied behind his back. And a monkey sitting on his head stabbing him in the neck.

Dare you to show up at PNC Park tonight with a sign that says, “Trade everyone. Sign Sid.”

(h/t @gjhead)

September 8, 2010 5:07 pm

sign him up!!!

2. Pens Fan
    September 8, 2010 5:24 pm

Step off sister! He is mine :) He is freaking awesome!

3. Pa-pop
    September 8, 2010 6:05 pm

Let’s see. If the Bucs can get by without Sid til June…

Then with Sid batting cleanup, the Pens might not see him on the power play til late October…

Hmmmm…

4. Beatrice
    September 8, 2010 7:28 pm

How cool! He’s the greatest.

5. Lisa J.
    September 8, 2010 8:18 pm

If I had known he was going to do that I totally would have shown up with that sign.

6. tim
    September 8, 2010 10:46 pm

Wow! And lefty too! Please Mario . . . buy the Pirates before it’s too late.

7. Johnaz6312
    September 8, 2010 10:49 pm

Finally, a 2 sport athlete out of Pittsburgh. Of course if the Nutting’s get hold of him they’ll probaly just trade him away…..

For a bag of peanuts and a Pirmantis Brothers sandwich.

8. Magnus Patris
    September 8, 2010 11:07 pm

I bet Sid can kick a hell of a P.A.T. Who needs Skippy Skeeve.

9. Pa-pop
    September 8, 2010 11:20 pm

The hell with Sid’s bat. I just looked at tonight’s box score. Can he pitch? Like maybe every other start.

And then if it all works out, Buc marketing will trot out the tagline “Where there’s Hope there’s Crosby.” Of course, you have to be 90 to relate to that, but then again those are the only people who remember a Pirate winning season.

10. pghrugbyangel
    September 9, 2010 1:21 am

erm, Hi friend!!! I need to see you soon!! Also, have I told you Sid and I share a birthday??? Pretty sure that any Gods anyone holds dear saved ALL SPORTS APTITUDE for Sid. Cause I have none, save for rugby… But I’m sure he could play rugby and kick butt anyway.

At the Bucco game tonight, my rugby girlfriends were shocked when I told them about Sid’s home run hit. Saw it just before I left to meet them!

I went to many Bucs games this year… I know you’re on the losing end of the bet. Maybe I’m your jinx? I dunno…

Hope to see you soon!

11. Lauren
    September 9, 2010 8:26 am

So are we swooning over the home run? Or the shorts? Because um, yeah, it might be both : )

12. CrashJK
    September 9, 2010 8:55 am

IICC – Sid was a pitcher and catcher when he played little league ball, up till 13 or so.

Keep him away from figure skating ! The only tactical move I want to see is a quick spin and full body check on Ovie, knocking that douche into the new brandy new Consol Energy Center boards !

LET’S GO PENS !!!!

13. DG
    September 9, 2010 9:03 am

@Pa-pop : HA! Hilarious! (and I’m not 90, although I do remember winning seasons)

14. gunnlino
    September 9, 2010 9:37 am

The video made a segment on the TODAY show this morning !
    Go Sid.

15. Sooska
    September 9, 2010 10:02 am

Clearly, this business about a Canadian hockey star probably being a better ball player than any of the current Buccos makes the case for human cloning.

I am so glad Sid chose hockey. It is unlikely to put you to szsleepp….Go Pens.

16. PK
    September 9, 2010 5:46 pm

Sheesh…the Nuttings and their excuse for a Front Office can’t even field players that understand the fundamentals of baseball, while Lemieux has a phenom that hits a ball into the river after not playing baseball for nearly ten years.

Oh, and let’s take a trip down memory lane with the (shirtless) boys of winter playing soccer: http://thatschurch.com/2008/11/05/bam-6/