1. I think I’m obsessed with Jim Shearer now.
I recorded VH1’s 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, just so I could watch him on my TV.
I have problems.
I refuse to believe this is really his hair because what’s to stop a crazed fan from trying to steal his DNA from it to clone him for herself?
Not that I’m doing that or anything.
(h/t Charles and Michael)
Why do I love these so much?!
I hope M&M’s makes a commercial with their M&M 3-D characters where the Steelers M&M tackles a Ravens M&M and then spits in his face before ripping out his delicious chocolaty center and eating it raw.
Make it happen.
4. In July, there was an explosion at the US Steel Clairton Works plant, injuring twenty and killing one. One of those severely injured was Richard Doyle, whose sister wrote me recently to let me know how he was doing and to ask Pittsburgh to continue to support him and his co-workers, writing, “They are all just regular guys, Pittsburghers to the core. They go to work every day in jeans & t-shirts & do tough and sometimes dangerous work. They are the reason why even though I live in California, I come to Pittsburgh on vacation every year, not Hawaii.”
Richard suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on over 40% of his body. Can I say something? I’m a wuss when it comes to burns. Like, I could have a big splinter and dig it out mercilessly with a pin and not flinch, but burns? Horrible pain. I cannot fathom how much pain is involved when it’s this bad and this large of an area.
Richard has had seven surgeries already and will be having more, so his best friend is holding a fundraiser for him because that’s what friends do.
Here’s the info!
5. September 17, don’t be shocked if you see some metered parking spaces in the city turned into actual MINI-PARKS!
OMG. I love this.
And look at all the people and orgs creating parks!
6. Not only is Braddock super trendy now what with Levis on board, now you can add the IFC and the Sundance Channel to that mix as they’ve created eight episodes asking Braddock residents what they think of the attempts at renewal.
7. Finally, the Buccos suck. Still.
That is all.