Monday evening hilarity!

If you haven’t yet visited the comments happening over at my parking post, whoo boy, you have to get yourself over there for awesomeness like this:

” … but when you’re wearing the Pittgirl Cult of Personality rose colored glasses, you freak out every time …”

Seriously. That needs to be a shirt. “PittGirl Cult of Personality.” I don’t even understand that.

Or this:

“Shock at high parking prices? Come on. Tells me someone is looking at city issues through a country lens.”

Yee-haw, mama, I do reckon there’s a storm a-brewin’! Get them there chickens and porkers in the pen! Dagnabit sonofagun something something buttless chaps!

Keeping in mind that I worked downtown for 12 years and don’t live in anything remotely like the country, that’s hilarious, but more hilarious is that the post wasn’t about shock at high parking prices. It was about my opinion that parking garages should be forced to place their parking rates on the OUTSIDES of their entrances.

And someone has gone through and flagged just about every comment as inappropriate. It’s like grade school awesomeness.

I dare you to go post a comment that says, “I love cheap parking and sunshine and my mom,” and I bet it’ll be flagged.

Also, please do NOT feel the need to defend me over there. That’s not why I’m pointing this out. I just thought you could use the great good laugh I got out of it.

1. Gina
    September 13, 2010 6:04 pm

I want that shirt! But I want it to say “PittGirl Cult of Personality and Cat Kicking”! And maybe on the back: “Flagged as Inappropriate”

2. windy city steel city
    September 13, 2010 6:10 pm

it just kind of makes sense to post the prices, doesnt it?

3. bluzdude
    September 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Never underestimate the likelihood even the most innocuous posts to get hijacked by others with an agenda.

4. Pa-pop
    September 13, 2010 6:57 pm

PittGirl Cult of Personality. What a concept. We’ll call it PCP for short and you can be our fearless leader who goes by the name Angel Dust.

LMAO – even “puppies and kids are good” got flagged.

5. Ekat
    September 13, 2010 7:45 pm

I couldn’t resist popping over to read the comments and there were several “I love cheap parking and sunshine and my mom” comments that were indeed flagged. The spin-off comment “I love cheap parking, moonshine, and your mom” remains unflagged, but the night is young.

6. BeauJacques
    September 13, 2010 8:04 pm

“puppies and kids..” was me!! HAHAHA

7. Lisa J
    September 13, 2010 8:11 pm

I like the PittGirl Cult of Personality shirt ida with Flag as Inappropriate on the back. I’d buy that shirt.

8. SusanV
    September 13, 2010 9:38 pm

I was laughing about it this afternoon and resisted the urge to point out that it wasn’t a rant about the parking rates… It doesn’t matter what I say because that troll will find something else to pick about.

9. H
    September 14, 2010 12:17 am

Gina Says:

———————-

Sign me up! I would totally buy that shirt!

10. cmd_45
    September 14, 2010 7:46 am

Every comment flagged as inappropriate.

11. K says
    September 14, 2010 8:02 am

Just reading everything and shaking my head. The t shirt is a good idea. Someone can make them and sell them with the profits helping out sick children or any other important cause. I have never been in a cult before. Do I have to cut my hair or wear strange clothes and hang out at the airport???? Have a great day everyone. Thank you for all of the entertainment.

12. Angry Mongo
    September 14, 2010 8:26 am

You pick a charity and I’ll do it. All profits go to whatever you want.

I run a few online shirt shops and can easily do a mock up by the end of the day. Depending on the type of shirt, how many sides of printing, and amount of profit per shirt, they could run from $11.99 to 20.99 less shipping. They’re print on demand so each one is done as they are ordered. There are also other options as well.

13. Dan (Not Onarato)
    September 14, 2010 8:27 am

Great…now I have the “Cult of Personality” song in my head…fantastic

The Mad Flagger is probably Lukey

14. Virginia
    September 14, 2010 8:28 am

Just the image of Lukey sitting in his office flagging everything as inappropriate is too hilarious for words. Bravo!

15. BeauJacques
    September 14, 2010 9:24 am

When you really think about it, the word “inappropriate” is bullshit!!

It implies arrogant, self-perceived, and usually asshole judgement of somebody over somebody else,

fuck “inappropriate!!!!”

16. Legallypgh(Kathy)
    September 14, 2010 9:31 am

PittGirl Cult of Personality would make an awesome band name.

17. bluzdude
    September 14, 2010 10:02 am

If you’re going to do up PittGirl Cult of Personality Gear, you have to do the track suits!

This comment was flagged as inappropriate before I wrote it.

18. Angry Mongo
    September 14, 2010 1:00 pm

First Attempt.

I haven’t done one up for the other side, which would be “Flagged As Inappropriate”

19. Carol
    September 14, 2010 2:22 pm

@18 I like! I would definitely buy that.
    Too bad tho, I sort of wish the PPG building in the middle there was the tallest of the group. /flagged as inappropriate

20. elysianfantasy
    September 14, 2010 3:09 pm

@Angry Mongo

The design = AWESOME! Yes, I must have this shirt!

21. Butcher's Dog
    September 14, 2010 3:09 pm

OK, so I’m trying to imagine what the Strip District knockoffs of the shirt will look like and how much they’ll sell for. Anyone? Anyone? Buhler?

22. Beth
    September 14, 2010 3:40 pm

What happened to Scott Priester’s “R”?

23. Angry Mongo
    September 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Unfortunately that pesky Steel Tower gets in the way.

Here’s a mock up of a back design…

And here’s what it would probably look like on a petite fitted shirt…

Ok, I’m done hijacking Ginny’s blog, sorry.

24. Kathy
    September 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Awesomeness AngryMongo.

Even as a member of the “don’t kick the cats club,” I think this is funny. I’m not from Pittsburgh, so I don’t know what bldg it is, but I’d totally but the building on the left in the center. And make it a little higher.
    /flagged as inappropriate.