Vomit. City.

Remember when I wrote this a few weeks ago about Bill Guerin’s departure from the Pens?:

Unless he becomes a Flyer, then may God have mercy on his soul.

Well, God better fire up the Mercy-Granting machine:

It gets worse:

“This is a team I would definitely like to play for, but we’ll see.”

Somebody come hold my hair back.

1. CrashJK
    September 14, 2010 12:28 pm

Don’t care if he wears Flyer Orange…I’ll still respect Billy G…one of those guys that you care about and appreciate his skills, like Mark Recchi…

Let’s GO PENS !!!

2. BB
    September 14, 2010 12:32 pm

i just can’t. if they be trying to steal the insider info on the pens & their strategy i’m going to philly to ruin their day!

3. Joe K.
    September 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Well if the Pens are going to let him walk, what choice does he have?

4. spoon
    September 14, 2010 12:43 pm

You can’t blame Billy G. He didn’t go there because he wanted to, no one else was offering a job and the Pens passed. Dude has to make a living. Its not like he pulled a Jagr or a Hossa.

I’ll hate to see him in Philly and it’ll suck to see him on opening night against us but once he coughs up the puck to Letang and Crosby puts it in the net i’ll be over it.

5. Cassie
    September 14, 2010 12:45 pm

I’m with Joe K. The Man’s just looking for work. Can’t hate or blame him. It’s a sport, but it’s also his livelihood.

I’ll always have love for Billy G. He’s the shit. Even if he’s in their awful orange jerseys.

6. TripleC
    September 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Love Guerin but at this stage of the game, “This is a team I would definitely like to play for, but we’ll see.” = how much money are they going to give me.

7. Just A Simple Man
    September 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Philly has no cap space now, I can’t see this working out.

8. Butcher's Dog
    September 14, 2010 3:16 pm

Anyone who boos him opening night will have to deal with me, ’cause I’ll be there. We didn’t take him, he did everything we wanted and more when he was here, and spoon nailed it about him not being Jagr or Hossa.

Saying all that, I hope he doesn’t make the team for whatever reason. It’ll hurt too bad if he beats us.

9. Schuyler
    September 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Great guy, no matter where he plays. Since the Pens wouldn’t re-sign him, what else was he going to do? And his father-in-law lives in Philly, so he has ties to the city. I hope it works out for the best.

10. Summer
    September 14, 2010 3:24 pm

What did I tell you about talking about Billy G going to the Flyers? I told you the Hockey Gods would hear, and they love to screw with us.

I bet he gets a rousing cheer from Pens fans on his first appearance at CONSOL — no matter what sweater he’s wearing.

11. Dan (Not Onarato)
    September 14, 2010 3:44 pm

Dont care what sweater he wears. Billy G is a class act and deserves a loud cheer from the Pens fans.

12. NAM
    September 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Seriously, I still love Billy G…but my soul just died a little.

13. Scott
    September 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Can’t blame the guy…he wants to keep playing and can’t control the teams that invite him to discuss that possibility.

14. LucyLou
    September 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Well right now all he has been granted is a tryout…so we should wait to see what happens. Absolutely can’t and never will be able to direct ill will toward this guy. He’s just plain “awesomeness” in its most basic form. I always loved seeing his kids cheering for him in the stands. Sad that he won’t be with us this season but it’s not his choice and God love the man for feeling like he’s still got at least one more season of hockey in him. But why does it have to be the Flyers? Why? *sigh* So wish he could be on our bench again….

15. kevin
    September 15, 2010 8:31 am

Love Guerin, but he wasn’t going to make the Pens roster this season anyway, and the reality is father time has caught Billy. If it wasn’t the case, other teams would have stepped up and he wouldn’t be on a tryout basis with the Flyers. The irony is a class act like Guerin going to a classless city and team like the Flyers. Oil and water don’t mix, Guerin is too classy a person to play with that organization, but a guy has to do what he has to do. He will make an unbelievable coach very soon.