Toast!

We’re experiencing some “server cluster issues” which is geek speak from Woy for “some technical gizmo shit the bed.”

The poop is being cleaned up as we speak, and stronger, more absorbent server cluster diapers are on order.

Check this out! You may have seen it already, but it was new to me:

A toaster that will brand your bread with the Steelers logo.

That’s not all, you can get the very fantastic Penguins toaster too:

Or, if you want a daily, toasted reminder of 18-years of suck, you can get this:

It should just shoot your toast out black as night, since everything else about the team is fail.

You can also get Silly Bandz!

Steelers:

Penguins:

And yes, EVEN THE PIRATES!

i hope they make Steely McBeam Silly Bandz soon. So I can practice snapping his neck.

(h/t Carly)

1. REARless
    September 15, 2010 2:04 pm

What is that last Pens Banz? The couch you sit on while watching the game?

2. pghfaninphx
    September 15, 2010 2:13 pm

It’s a helmet.. that looks like a car.. and a couch. hee.

3. Dave
    September 15, 2010 2:14 pm

It’s a helmet, though I admit the same difficulty in identifying it.

I thought it was the car you drove to the game in.

4. BeauJacques
    September 15, 2010 2:20 pm

Guess what the Central Blood Bank’s toaster icon is???

5. red pen mama
    September 15, 2010 2:43 pm

I’m totally buying the Steelers and Pens silly bands. For my daughters…

6. th3techboy
    September 15, 2010 3:44 pm

@ BeauJacques +100000000 I still think I need a warning to not drink while reading responses on here :)

7. Ms Redd
    September 15, 2010 3:57 pm

I must be getting old- I don’t understand those silly bands at all.

8. Carpetbagger
    September 15, 2010 4:19 pm

How appropriate since the Pirate pitchers are usually toast.

9. Pensgirl
    September 15, 2010 4:20 pm

They definitely just reappropriated a car form for that hockey helmet.

I saw the pro toast thing in the Pens store at the CEC. Never knew they existed until then. Personally, I’d rather use opponents’ logos for that, so I can hold up the result and say “The Flyers are toast!”

10. Mary Beth
    September 15, 2010 4:41 pm

@Pensgirl – – I am cracking up at your comment. That is just great!

11. AmyLa
    September 15, 2010 5:20 pm

The hockey player Bandz must have been in the photo that came up at Norwin HS…

12. mis
    September 15, 2010 7:14 pm

I totally got those Steelers silly bandz for my (college age) daughters about a month ago, they were so excited you’d have thought it was some expensive gift! Love them!

13. Butcher's Dog
    September 15, 2010 7:20 pm

If i’m not mistaken, the Tragic Number for the Bucs is 12. That’s the combination of Buc losses and Seattle/Baltimore (one or the other) wins equalling 12 which will guarantee the worst record in The Bigs this year and the Number One Draft Pick in the Whole Country next summer.

No need to thank me. I don’t get Silly Bandz.

14. bluzdude
    September 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Love the toaster idea. I must have one, and I don’t even eat much toast. But I’m surprised the Steelers one doesn’t burn “William Gay” into it.

15. Pa-pop
    September 15, 2010 8:54 pm

Next time there’s a big stink on eBay about a miraculous image appearing on some guy’s morning whole wheat I’ll be guessing it’s only because he bought a “Jesus toaster.”

16. Guins29
    September 15, 2010 9:46 pm

I own:
    Steelers silly bands
    Steelers glow in the dark silly bandz
    Pens silly bandz
    Pens glow in the dark silly bandz (swap out the stick for a penguin shaped band…not on skates)
    Tie-dye Pirates silly bandz

I am 30

I couldn’t help it…I love having anything ‘Burgh to get me through my life in Baltimore. I totally get the “artsy” video Jim made on Yinz luv da Stillers. I would get the pierogi shirt, but we never bought from the church, we made the kitchen a MESS and did potato-cheese from scratch!

I miss home…

17. Eeek
    September 16, 2010 12:14 am

I saw those toasters in ESPN magazine (or some such sporty mag that my husband gets…they all run together) and completely forgot that I wanted to email you about it!

Also, I didn’t even know what silly bandz were until recently, but I would buy the Pirates ones!

oh! and you would not believe the amount of people who have never heard of the term “shit the bed”. My husband’s family uses it all the time…but it’s truly surprising the amount of blank looks you get sometimes.

18. Angry Mongo
    September 16, 2010 7:59 am

@REARless No, it’s the one you burn in Oakland when they win the Cup this year.

September 16, 2010 10:07 am

Two more stupid ideas that any of us could have come up with and made millions off of morons. The Pet Rock and Tickle-Me Elmo of this generation. At least the toaster serves an actual function, I guess.

*mother%&^&%*

Maybe the Democrats are right: We DON’T pay enough in taxes.

20. Jamie
    September 16, 2010 7:29 pm

I’ve heard that someone put a piece of bread in the Pirates toaster 18 years ago and they’re still waiting for it to pop.
    I’m afraid that if I put a yummy Pop Tart in it, the toaster might issue a trade and I’ll just end up with 2 dried up old pieces of bread…but I’m sure the toaster will tell me that the bread has lots of promise, I’ll just have to be patient and sink all kinds of money into it for butter, jelly, etc. before I can see it’s value.