1. at PodCamp Pittsburgh on Saturday, learning like everyone else. I believe you can still register to attend the free un-conference, where you’ll learn everything you could possibly want to know about blogging, podcasting, or social media in general. I hope it isn’t rude that I’ll be bopping between three sessions at once, because I want to hear Secret Agent L’s session, Terra’s session, and the 2 Political Junkies session and they are all happening at once. Dislike!
2. at the Best of Pittsburgh Party tonight on the Gateway Clipper Majestic, celebrating with Pittsburgh Magazine the best of the Burgh.
3. trying to quash my fear of boats.
4. wearing white pants (I love these pants, so I wear them a lot), a shirt borrowed from my sister, and jewelry borrowed from my mother. FANCY.
5. avoiding cameras, as per my usual.
6. talking to my hair stylist about wearing my hair straight from now on. The curls. They are annoying me lately.
7. trying very hard to better pronounce my “s”s. I had to record a video recently for a charitable endeavor, and man, you can barely hear my s. I assume this has to do with my hearing loss, but being as I’ve never really actually listened to myself before, I never noticed it. How people don’t bitchslap me while I’m talking is beyond me. It’s super annoying to not hear the s when a person speaks.
8. accepting the Special Award of Distinction from the Women and Girls Foundation at their Women in Media event in November. No, I’m not worthy, but you all are, because without you, I am not really doing anything.
9. at the Las Velas one-year anniversary celebration on October 1, where we’ll celebrate with food, mariachis, and giveaways. All are invited!
10. hoping to see some brain-eating during the Market Square Zombie Fest on October 10, which is World Zombie Day.
11. flagging a whole bunch of shit as inappropriate.