Remember the time

Remember this brain-destroying hit Crazy Eyes Orpik put on the Kraken?

YouTube Preview Image

At least I think that’s the hit this vintage shirt is paying homage to:

Also, why hasn’t anyone made a Brooks Orpik’s CRAZY EYES WILL DESTROY YOUR SOUL shirt yet?

(h/t Cassie)

1. Sonya
    September 22, 2010 11:14 am

do you have any good pens vintage shirts that are women’s fit? i need a good penguins shirt and I have a preference for vintage tees.

September 22, 2010 11:19 am

Wait, who hit who there?

3. Cassie
    September 22, 2010 11:31 am

OMG, I’d buy that shirt, too!

4. Jess
    September 22, 2010 11:32 am

I would definitely buy a “Brooks Orpik’s CRAZY EYES WILL DESTROY YOUR SOUL” t-shirt.

5. empirechick
    September 22, 2010 11:38 am

Ovechkin was trying to lay out Orpik, I think, but he took the worst of the hit (judging by how he ended up on his head)

6. Butcher's Dog
    September 22, 2010 11:38 am

@bucdaddy: Crazy Eyes laid the lumber to Ovie. Must have surprised Ovie, since he was planning to have it turn out the other way around.

September 22, 2010 11:52 am

Well, they BOTH went down, just Ovie went down on his head. But since they both got up and kept going … Anyway, it’s a cool moment to immortalize on a shirt. Maybe they should get up a statue outside the Com, like the Maz statue.

8. CrashJK
    September 22, 2010 11:53 am

FREECANDY RULZ !

9. Pa-pop
    September 22, 2010 11:58 am

Remember the auto dealership tagline “Get Crackin’ to McCrackin”? I want my shirt to say “Get Crackin’ on The Kraken.”

10. L-A
    September 22, 2010 12:01 pm

I sold a car to Brooks Orpik – nicest guy ever. Brought in his silver medal upon my request and I had my picture taken with him. The crazy eyes are not like that in real life, I assure you :-)

11. burgher-licious
    September 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Orpik should have taken Ovie out for good, then we wouldn’t have to see pictures like the one of him dancing in his shorty-shorts somewhere in Turkey. Crap – now that image is back in my head.

p.s. would buy both T-shirts:)

12. Cassie
    September 22, 2010 12:17 pm

If you guys go directly to their site: http://www.backpagepress.com, you can get it cheaper. And per their facebook page, you can save 10% with coupon code: DAMESHEK. Worked for me!

13. bluzdude
    September 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Love that shirt… must have one…

@L-A: He must have had the crazy eyes on mute that day… Kind of like an internal version of the visor that Cyclops wore in X-Men.

14. houndogg
    September 22, 2010 1:48 pm

lol. orpik didn’t “unleash hell” or “lay the lumber” to ovi… he just side-stepped & absorbed the hit. not saying orpik isn’t a beast, or ovi isn’t a dirt bag… just calling it like it is.

15. L-A
    September 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Just ordered mine! The crazy eyes had to be on mute Bluzdude, cuz i was definitely looking forward to meeting them in person, believe me!

16. Backpage Press
    September 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Thanks for not only posting my shirt on the blog, but to everyone who has commented on it. I am flattered. I worked hard getting this design right, and it turned out to be my favorite shirt ever. If you need one, or would like to check out the other tees, go to http://backpagepress.com. You can email me at cory@backpagepress.com

Lets Go Pens!

17. Backpage Press
    September 22, 2010 11:29 pm

…I will start working on a Orpik Crazy Eyes tee this week.

18. ddesigns
    September 23, 2010 1:57 am

Was just messing around and did this really quick but if people want a shirt I can work on more variations. Really need a better picture of the crazy eyes though. If anyone just wants the artwork let me know and I will post it.

19. CrashJK
    September 23, 2010 6:57 am

Forget the “crazy eyes” idea folks !!! Brooks is known as “Free Candy” (google it) to those of us who love this guy’s style of hockey…just ask Jonahan Franzen after last night’s game !

20. Backpage Press
    September 23, 2010 10:27 am

You’re right CrashJK, “Free Candy” really would be a better tee. I bought a Pens #44 jersey with FREE CANDY on the nameplate from Ebay last year. I think hard core Pens fans would love to see that nickname on a tee.

21. Kate
    September 23, 2010 10:28 am

As a sibling to the Backpage Press creator, I can say first hand that the T-shirts produced by him are amazing!!! Quality AND design! Buy up!