Random n’at

1. This morning, Mike and I went to the Mario Lemieux Foundation offices where I learned the Mario-autographed hockey sticks are bolted to the walls and if I want to steal one, I need to bring tools or C-4.

We spent a few hours ordering:

• 6 Nintendo DS gaming systems with coordinating Nerf covers, so if the kids drop them, NO WORRIES!
  • Dozens of DSi games including lots of Mario games. Get it?! MARIO!
  • 5 Leapsters for the younger kids, as well as storage cases for them.
  • Lots of Leapster games, including an awesome Disney Princess game for the resident princesses on the transplant floor.
  • 3 portable DVD players as well as storage cases for them (more will be ordered when the ones we want become available).
  • 2 Panasonic Toughbooks (we will order at least four more once we are sure the hospital likes the ones we got).
  • 5 Apple iPads. That’s right. We’re putting the first iPads in Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and we’ll be looking to set up an App Store account for game purchases, etc. We’ll also purchase covers for these once we research them a bit more.

All told, we spent a crapload of money and we will be keeping a fund at the foundation for game replenishment purposes or repairs or replacement of any equipment we’ve given them.

Once all of these items are delivered to the Foundation offices, I’ll be sure to get pictures of everything so you can see exactly what we’re giving the transplant kids.

2. You can still donate to the DVE Radiothon for Children’s Hospital! DO IT.

3. Brilliant idea for Lukey if he ever runs for Governor (GOD HELP US ALL). A commercial in which he teaches us how to pronounce his last name by tossing a stuffed raven into a bathroom stall. Quoth the raven … BRILLIANT!

4. The brothers of the University of Pittsburgh’s Phi Delta Theta Iota are running the entire distance between WVU and Pitt during the week of the Backyard Brawl to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Check out their site for the Backyard Run, now in its fourth year.

They’re hoping to raise $10,000 this year and right now they’re at $250 for their goal.

This year’s run is being spearheaded by Burgher Dan Timko, who I met when he gave my son and I a tour of the USS Requin at the Carnegie Science Center this summer.

Dan was a champ as my son asked him this question 3,822 times, “What’s that do?” and never once answered like I often do with, “Go to your room.”

Here’s a picture from last year’s run:

God, I love it when college guys do selfless things. I hope my son takes part in things like this someday.

If not, I’ll send him to his room.

5. Speaking of Pitt, did you watch the game last night? LOL.

That was painful. We turned it off when Pitt muffed the punt return in the fourth quarter.

6. Speaking of football, here’s a fun quote:

“I’d like to score a touchdown, one of these games,” coordinator Bruce Arians said.

We’d all like that, Bruce.

However, 2-0, baby, with one offensive touchdown! That’s pretty fantastic.

7. HBO will be filming a documentary/reality show about the Capitals and Penguins as they work toward the Winter Classic.

Even though it is HBO, which loves to show skin, I’m assuming that they will pixelate any errant nakedness they might encounter in the locker rooms.

I hope they also are decent enough to pixelate Ovechkin’s fug face. No one needs to see that.

8. The Pittsburgh Pirates are one loss away from 100 losses.

Let’s go, Bucs! Suck that suck!

1. DG
    September 24, 2010 4:07 pm

I think I liked the clown-of-death better than a picture of THAT.

2. Cassie
    September 24, 2010 7:03 pm

MAKE THAT PHOTO GO AWAY!

My daughter walked up to me and said, “Ew, Mama. Who is THAT? He’s gross.”

I raise my kids right, damnit.

3. Cathie
    September 24, 2010 8:49 pm

Those Toughbooks are cool. You’ll love ’em.

4. K
    September 24, 2010 9:23 pm

Can that crap please come with a fug warning before it appears on my screen? I’m already sick, and that picture nearly made me wretch. *sad trombone*

5. Summer
    September 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Ugh. Can we get a picture of anything else up here? Even Casey Hampton’s bellybutton. Did you purposefully look for the most fug picture of AO you could find?

September 25, 2010 1:14 am

Ginny, If you run with them, I’ll buy a camera to take your picture at the finish line. Then, the disheveled, sweaty ravishing will commence. With you, I mean.

Actually, these guys do this every year. Sometimes they run the ball from Morgantown to Pittsburgh. Depends on who the home team is.

7. Magnus Patris
    September 25, 2010 8:54 am

Gah! Woke up to see the Kraken’s picture. Scarier than a clown and clowns are pretty effin scary!

8. Pa-pop
    September 25, 2010 9:30 am

@Magnus Patris – You mean that picture up there’s not a clown?

9. CrashJK
    September 25, 2010 10:04 am

Well Ginny…you gotta your wish, the Bucs lost “100” last night…now, he’s a beat/contest idea related to sucking…

What happens first – the Pitt football team sucks and loses 6 or more games or they have 6 or more players arrested before the end of the season…hmmmmmm…don’t know where I’d place my bet those options ?

oh…btw…LET’S GO PENN STATE !

10. Butcher's Dog
    September 25, 2010 10:56 am

Worst to first in two years. Remember you heard it here first.

And how did it happen that, although Pitt had 12 days to prepare for Thursday’s game, it looked like they’d spent 12 minutes preparing? Just curious.

11. megrcam51
    September 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Please post something, ANYTHING to get the douche bag’s face off of the first page. I am trying to keep my lunch down and that mug is NOT HELPING. LOL

12. Sooska
    September 25, 2010 2:43 pm

So, Bruce Arians wants to score a touchdown? If that is true, he should resign the job of OC and leave town so we have a fighting chance.

13. Jessica
    September 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Hey Ginny,
    A friendly correction… It’s the Iota Chapter of the Phi Delta Theta Fraternity, not Phi Delta Theta Iota. Regardless, it’s awesome what they are doing!

14. USCMike
    September 25, 2010 10:12 pm

Oh Bruce, your sarcasm just kills those of us who know that Tomlin should have had the gonads to fire you after last season…

We’ve got the players, even without Ben, to have a dynamite offense, yet somehow you’re still trying to run up the middle and haven’t quite got the grasp of having a fullback to block for Mendenhall, or to block for the QB during a blitz.

Overall, it’s like watching Steeler football from the 70s, except Terry did have a real O-line in front of him AND they opened holes for Franco and Rocky.

The only reason we’re 2-0 is that God does answer prayers on behalf of his favorite football team! ;^)

15. Trish
    September 26, 2010 11:26 am

Dear HBO:

When pixelating errant nekkidness while filming Caps/Pens, can you kind of forget about doing that if filming Sidney Crosby? Because for untold thousands, perhaps millions of women, that would be the epitome of awesome and once word spreads that you have captured the nekkid glory of Sid the Kid on film your ratings will go through the roof. And high ratings are good, amirite?

Love,
    Trish

16. Jeff
    September 26, 2010 2:38 pm

I’ve never seen you “LOL” at the Pirates. Yeah, you make up names for them and stuff, but you put so much effort into that we know you love them. “LOL” is just dismissive, and THE University OF Pittsburgh shouldn’t be treated so casually. I know the Panthers aren’t your thing, but Pittsburgh is. Show a little more respect.

17. Dan (Not Onarato)
    September 27, 2010 9:10 am

@ 16

Lighten up Francis…its just a blog…not gospel

18. spoon
    September 27, 2010 10:30 am

@Dan (Not Onarato) Any of you guys call me Francis, and I’ll kill you.

19. Brighton Heights Jim
    September 27, 2010 11:17 am

#7 – I wonder what Max Talbot will have to say??!

20. Slimer
    September 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Ginny, can you get the names of those guys in the Backyard Run pic and designate at least a few of them as “Hot Burghers”? Yum.

/weakness for frat boys