Hilary Duff talks Pittsburgh

Short little post here to tell you to watch this video from Access Hollywood in which Burgher Laura Saltman interviews Hilary Duff and they get to talking about Pittsburgh.

Shoot. She’s kind of awesome.

(h/t Heather)

1. Karen
    September 30, 2010 2:17 pm

I like how she staved off stalkers by not mentioning where they were looking for a house! She does seem sweet. It must be hard to be away from your spouse so much as a newlywed!

2. CrashJK
    September 30, 2010 2:38 pm

She’s still Lizzy McComrie to me…I guess we’ll welcome her since hubby has been lighting the lamp in pre-season games.

Let’s Go Pens…home opener 7 days, 4 hours, 30 minutes away….

3. Bram R
    September 30, 2010 2:47 pm

She’s already been to “the square” and likes Mexican food. YOUR THIS CLOSE.

4. Ashlee
    September 30, 2010 4:17 pm

She seems so NORMAL! She should fit in really well here. I assume she already knows a thing or two about hockey; if we can catch her up to speed on the rules of football (and maybe foster sentimental, non-merit-based connection to the Bucs), she could be a true ‘Burgh girl.

5. BeauJacques
    September 30, 2010 7:50 pm

She’s got a purty mouth.

6. Truth
    September 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Funny, the Primanti’s story is completely true, I happened to be in the bank next door that day at the same time the waitress that waited on her was depositing her tips. The waitress was star struck and did show me the autograph…

7. spoon
    September 30, 2010 9:29 pm

She needs a brewery tour of Pittsburgh. Hilary, ping me. Just like Kitten Mittons, she’ll be smitten.

October 1, 2010 1:04 am

spoon,

Penn Brewery was hopping for Oktoberfest last weekend and the schnitzel was wonderful. Maybe start there.

9. SpudMom
    October 1, 2010 8:21 am

So, has anyone pointed Hilary to That’s Church for her dose of all things Pittsburgh?

10. alison
    October 1, 2010 9:17 am

yes, yes… lizzie mcguire is, in fact, really awesome.

point her to comrie street in garfield/friendship area!

11. spoon
    October 1, 2010 9:35 am

@bucdaddy Food is really good there but I still think their beer is *meh*. Same with Church Brew Works. Rivertown Pourhouse I think is the best secret in this town for brewery with food. I’ve never left there dissatisfied. Hands down though if you want good local beer, you go to East End.

I’ve had a craving for Gooski wings lately though I don’t think she’d blend in with that crowd.

12. Jaime Dray
    October 1, 2010 9:49 am

I have loved Hilary since Lizze McGuire and I am not ashamed to admit I came to her concert in Pgh when I was in COLLEGE. I was the only person over the age of 10 prob. Now that I look back, her concert in Pgh was prophetic of her husband playing for the Pens.

October 1, 2010 10:02 am

spoon,

I’ll keep that in mind. I was several beers into the day when we got to Penn, so all I tried was the Oktoberfest. Seemed fine to me. I’ve heard the Church has slid, though I need to take my buddy Paul there one time just so he can see the building and the sacrilege n at. I had us headed to Rivertowne before the game but the other two guys decided that bar right next to the stadium on the Maz statue side was as far as they wanted to walk (time was kinda short). It did have Terrapin’s Hopsecutioner on tap, so it was not a wasted effort.

October 1, 2010 10:03 am

Who were we talking about again? Hillary who? What does she do?

15. Duncan
    October 1, 2010 10:28 am

Heard the guys on DVE givin you props about this earlier this morning. Good job!

16. Jen
    October 1, 2010 10:35 am

@spoon: The Church Brew Works used to be our go-to place to take out-of-towners, but we have been really disappointed in the food the last two times we ate there. The prices are still high, but the quality has really gone down.

October 1, 2010 11:39 am

hilary duff….the anti-sienna miller.

as for church brew…each time I’ve been there, it’s done zip for me….food or beer.

I haven’t been to the re-opened version of the penn brewery. will have to change that.

October 1, 2010 11:40 am

btw…hilary….*rowwwwwwwr*

19. Summer
    October 1, 2010 12:11 pm

Holy cats, when did Hilary Duff get old enough to be married?

20. Clementine
    October 1, 2010 7:21 pm

No offense, Laura Saltman, but you must hold the microphone to your mouth when you are talking and then hold the microphone to the other person’s mouth when they are talking… although, heck, Brooke Burke hasn’t mastered it yet, and she’s co-hosting DWTS! So, carry on…

21. luna
    October 2, 2010 12:56 am

didn’t work but I used google and it’s on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiXSM7HYbts

lol. It’s ok if you like her. She really is normal. From what I know she is not fake or pretentious like the rest ie. slutty and she is very family orientated.

22. luna
    October 2, 2010 1:02 am

I think she will enjoy the lack of paps in PA.

October 2, 2010 9:42 am

Sienna who? Isn’t that a crayon?

24. Pingback: It’s a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh…with movie stars | DesignBurgh

25. Georgiana
    February 4, 2011 4:22 pm

she is so cute love you hilary .still like that you`re amazin!>:D< xoxox kiss