Fear is definitely a factor for me.

(photo courtesy of Burgh Baby)

Tomorrow is October 5 and that means tomorrow is the Make Room for Kids/Christmas Crazy fundraiser at the ScareHouse.

Internet, I’m losing. LOSING! At this rate, tomorrow I will have to walk through the entire ScareHouse, a haunt so scary it was just featured on the Travel Channel, and I’ll have to walk it by myself, and by “walk” I mean “sprint as fast as I can with my eyes closed and my fingers in my ears while shouting ‘LALALALA I CAN’T HEAR YOUR SHRIEKING DEMONS.'”

I’m trusting that none of the zombies or demons or evil bunnies in the ScareHouse are actually permitted to touch me, right? Kind of like a strip club? Look at the screaming, crying lady, but don’t touch her?

Seriously, if anything in that house reaches out and touches me, I will just start throwing punches like I’m the Intersect on a Kung Fu flash.

If you don’t get that, you don’t watch Chuck and you can’t be my friend anymore. Hmph.

What am I saying? I’m losing. I APPARENTLY DON’T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. HMPH!

The VIP room is going to be all kinds of fun.

We’re going to have a few surprise mystery guests (you know them, trust me).

We’re going to give away a certain something the Pittsburgh Penguins donated, a Kris Le-nom Letang autographed hockey stick, but you have to be in the VIP room to be eligible to win it.

There’s going to be food. Drinks. And if you’re the type that is easily scared, you can still purchase the VIP ticket and you won’t have to actually go through the haunted house. You can just hang out upstairs and enjoy all the food, fun, and new friends you’ll make.

I’ll be in the VIP room, getting outrageously drunk because that’s the only way I’m going to get through this without being scarred for life. Being so drunk that I possibly puke on a scarer is also a positive. Being so drunk I lay down mid-house and take a nap is an EPIC WIN.

If you haven’t yet bought a ticket, would you PLEASE DO IT FROM MY SITE? Please? Save me from my nightmare.

Click the Crazy Scary button in the sidebar to buy your ticket, or if you’re not doing the VIP, but rather just the ScareHouse that night, then be sure to use the DRESS code when you check out.

Tell your friends; tell your kids; tell your colleagues. Tell them to vote for me.

If you have purchased your tickets from Burgh Baby’s site already, I hope a zombie eats your stupid jerk brain.

I say that with love.

1. Burgh Baby
    October 4, 2010 10:08 am

I’ll be sure to bring some booze to contribute to your cause because the blog post that you will write after a drunken-zombie-filled-freaked-out night? EPIC.

2. UTHISPAR
    October 4, 2010 10:30 am

It’s my first time reading your blog (I’m a displaced Pittsburgher in Orlando) and a friend just told me about it. You’ve now got a reader for life because of the awesome Chuck reference. Epic win IMO! :)

3. Rob
    October 4, 2010 10:39 am

I’m not going to be able to go. I’ve got an…interesting medical test tomorrow and will be happy to feel well enough to watch TV tomorrow night.

Even so, I just purchased a ticket through your site.

You’re so going to lose. You’ll have to go through the Scarehouse by yourself. But you won’t be able to blame me.

And my record (0-2) will still be perfect for backing hopeless causes.

4. spoon
    October 4, 2010 10:39 am

I thought that was a pregnancy test saying Letang was the dad

5. Virginia
    October 4, 2010 10:45 am

Spoon,

That would require sex with Kris Letang.

What were we talking about again?

6. Tam
    October 4, 2010 10:51 am

LOL @ spoon

ginny – we love you, but we might love reading the blog that you’ll write when (if?) you recover your senses, too…

7. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    October 4, 2010 11:17 am

Look at it this way — you’re not really losing. Your friends are trying to help you overcome your fears, which is a good thing.

8. Amy L.
    October 4, 2010 11:24 am

I thought it was a pregnancy test too.

Did you know that October 5 is Mario Lemieux’s birthday? Maybe that will count for something.

9. SpudMom
    October 4, 2010 11:42 am

Ginny, I love you, I really do, but I would pay good money to watch you walk that Scarehouse. And I did, through Burghbaby.

I know this means we can’t be friends anymore but it’s FOR SICK KIDS, right?

10. Cassie
    October 4, 2010 12:29 pm

I personally think people are voting through Burgh Baby just to hear about the most amazing day EVER! This is going to be awesome.

By the way, I am totally with SpudMom.

11. bluzdude
    October 4, 2010 1:11 pm

So, do you make the “Chuck” face before going all intersect/kung fu-ey?

I gotta see that…

12. Dave Cochenour
    October 4, 2010 1:18 pm

I’m sorry but the idea of you walking (and being photographed) at Scarehouse is way more interesting than Burgh Baby in a princess dress.

13. Pensgirl
    October 4, 2010 1:22 pm

Tomorrow is also Mario’s birthday, so don’t forget to sacrifice a goalie (or any Flyer).

14. Angry Mongo
    October 4, 2010 1:52 pm

Yeah, sorry, you’re going down. We want pics and video.

But love the Chuck reference.

I think it’s “Yogurt Time.”

15. Stacey
    October 4, 2010 2:11 pm

I got as far as “sex with Kris Letang” in these comments and lost all ability to concentrate…

16. steeler_tom
    October 4, 2010 7:17 pm

I’m with all the above who cannot wait to read the blog-post about your experiance in the Scarehouse. It will be epic! :-)

17. Ekat
    October 4, 2010 7:52 pm

Yup. I want the after Scare House blog post. Sorry! No, wait, no I’m not. Muaahahaha!

18. Summer
    October 4, 2010 9:33 pm

Sorry; not going to the Scarehouse and not even a chance at Letang’s stick can lure me there.