1. Two things you want to do.
Comment to enter the CASA Tailgate Party ticket giveaway so that you can maybe meet Steeler Mike Wallace.
Also, don’t forget to use the CHURCHROCKS code to buy presale tickets to Rock of Ages.
2. Ronny Cedeno somehow wore the wrong jersey to the Pirates final game of this piece of shit season.
And apparently he was all pissed off about what was either a mistake or a prank.
You lost 105 games, Ronny. If you want to get pissed about something, get pissed about that.
You can watch a video of him hitting a homer wearing the wrong jersey here.
3. Today is Mario Lemieux’s 45th birthday and I just want to pause a second to shake a cute little fist at the fact that men get ruggedly handsome with age and women … don’t.
In honor of his birthday, the Mario Lemieux Foundation’s Mario Mosaic was unveiled at the Consol and it is absolutely breathtaking.
Here’s a picture from my colleague Sean Conboy of Pittsburgh Magazine, that he posted on his @SeanCon66 account:
That’s a static image and there’s a computer you can use to search for pictures by name and it will tell you where to look in the mosaic for the correct postage stamp size photo. The headshot photos that make up the border of the mosaic are the construction workers who built the Consol. How cool is that?
You can play with the online version here. I don’t need to tell you what that far right picture of Mario with his arms crossed does to the pitter-patter of my heart, do I?
All hail the President of Pittsburgh.
4. Ben Roethlisberger look-alike Jesse James sporting a Steelers cap while out and about with Kat Von D.
Going from Sandra Bullock to Kat Von D is like going from a Rolls Royce to a geriatric donkey with the runs.
5. My father forwarded this on to me and I cannot wait to get my hands on kibbee, grape leaves and spinach pies.
That is honestly the food of my childhood and teen years thanks to all the Syrian blood in my family and a grandmother who spent every Saturday baking Syrian food from morning until we arrived for dinner.
6. A student dressed as a panda went on the attack at Grove City College.
A 17-year-old Grove City College student says he was attacked by someone wearing a panda bear costume.
Take a note, Internet. This is what happens when Sad Panda becomes Mad Panda.
7. Parents Magazine named Pittsburgh the fourth best city in the country for raising babies.
8. Speaking of babies, ladies, hold on to your ovaries and check out this picture Jamie and Ali McMutrie sent from Haiti of one of the children they care for down there:
As Jeff said recently in an episode of Chuck, “I think my water just broke.”