1. Part of being a good parent is recognizing that by the time my seven year old is in college, the chances that I will be able to afford his tuition are slim to none. Therefore, my hope is that he excels either academically or athletically, so I am quite ridiculous about making sure my second grader gets good grades.
I take an active role in his homework. Guiding, checking, erasing, etc.
One thing I do each week is quiz him on his vocabulary.
Here’s how it went this morning before the bus came.
“What does grow mean?”
“It means when something like … grows.”
“What does strong mean?”
“It means like if you’re like real strong.”
“What does granddaughter mean?”
“It means like if a grandfather has a granddaughter.”
Looks like I need to start focusing on the athletics a bit more.
2. Beaver County is raising money for breast cancer by selling these shirts.
3. In his latest episode of Yinz Luv Da Stillers, Jim Shearer is giving away a giant Troy Polamalu FatHead!
This episode includes an awesome Troysus video and a wonderful shout-out to Randy Pausch.
4. Geno shirtless on the cover of a magazine. It’s not as hot as you think it might be.
I could take a kickassly hot shirtless picture of Geno. I just need the right camera, the right lighting, and the right brown paper bag.
JUST. KIDDING. Don’t write me nasty emails, puck bunnies.
5. Speaking of the Pens. Tonight starts the new season. HOCKEY! MEANINGFUL HOCKEY! IN THE NEW ARENA!
6. Burgh Baby’s post about Crazy Scary is laugh out loud funny, especially this description of the dress:
It looked like our bedroom comforter and a curtain had gotten into a fight, wrapped themselves around a hula hoop, and then threw up some glitter.
7. CMU’s Donut Dash is taking place on October 23rd.
Run one mile. Eat 12 donuts. Run another mile.
I bet you a million bucks that donuts don’t taste as delicious coming up as they do going down.
But it’s for SICK KIDS!
8. I need to get a 9 SPLVDA one of these:
And then everyone behind me would be all “nine spill a day? nine supple v-day? In-a-gadda-da-vida?”
Tom Corbett’s only hope is Edward SPARKLE SPARKLE Cullen.