Random n’at

1. I have in my possession, a mind-blowingly hilarious video taken by my brother-in-law, of my sister Pens Fan freaking out about a spider to the point she pees her pants a little bit.

I am forbidden from sharing it.

Sad panda.

2. I have in my possession the great desire to risk her wrath.

She’s 105 lbs.

I’m … more.

3. I have in my possession, this black and gold scarf knitted for me by the Knitting Lady, Michelle, which she gave to me when I met her and her husband Mike for dinner:

She is a dear.

It is the softest, stretchiest scarf I’ve ever owned. Jealous?

I told her to open an Etsy shop.

She told me about the guy that sat next to her at the home opener last week and how he had a real problem with her knitting during the game.

I told her I hope she told him to go to hell.

4. Speaking of the Pens, they still haven’t won a game at the Consol. Did someone hex the Mellon Arena ice water that Mario poured?

On the plus side, Engelland almost killed a guy.

YouTube Preview Image

Not that it did any good as we still lost the game.

Sigh. Trade the Consol.

5. If you’re near Oakmont this Saturday, Riverside Church’s Girlfriends group is holding a Craft Show and Bake Sale open to the public.

I love craft shows. I love bake sales. I love sales selling both crafts and baked goods.

6. Chad Ochocinco has taken to raising and breeding pigeons.

First, he is raising pigeons. Typical.

Second, he thought his pigeon was going to give birth to two baby pigeons. Like a woman gives birth to a baby. Or a dolphin to a baby dolphin. Or a dog to a puppy. He thought she was going to push out two tiny balled up pigeon babies.

I wonder if he thinks horses lay eggs.

How awesome would it be if horses laid eggs?

I like the word pisstified.

(h/t Scott and a whole bunch of twitter friends)

7. Finally, remember Sadie? Of course you do. Dear sweet five-year-old girl with Cystic Fibrosis.

This Saturday is the awesome Brewing Up a Cure event by Three Rivers Underground Brewers to raise funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and it will feature lots of food, commercial and homemade beers, a live band, and an auction of a hand-crafted bar.

Sadie is the daughter of one of the members of the group.

Aw. I’m not going to go into the life expectancy thing. Too painful when you look at that picture. Life is just not fair sometimes.

If you want to support the cause and dear Sadie, you can find details and buy tickets here!

1. Cassie
    October 14, 2010 1:37 pm

What a beautiful little face. When kids are sick like that and life expectancy isn’t fantastic, I often wonder if she put here on this earth to make us happier people just by knowing her. Selfish, but satisfying. She’s an angel.

2. Duncan
    October 14, 2010 3:06 pm

That’s a beautiful pic of you and knitting lady – I don’t know why you are afraid of the camera, you photograph beautifully.

I did chuckle at what you’re holding – it reminded me of the knitted tampons you blogged about long ago. Laughing….

And that was one hell of a punch! {see, just one exclamation point ;>) }

3. Christina
    October 14, 2010 3:39 pm

I’ll never get why people have problems with the knitting lady knitting at the games. I mean … WHY?????? Everybody can enjoy the game like he / she wants as long it does no harm to anybody else. And who ever got hurt by watching somebody knitting????? Weird planet!

But I am in with thinking that the water Mario poured on the ice was cursed by some Pens hater. Must be *sigh*.

4. Butcher's Dog
    October 14, 2010 4:07 pm

First, it wasn’t just “some guy” that got decked. It was Colton Orr, who ranks in the same Asshole Stratisphere with Sean Avery, Scott Hartnell, and the Kracken (only Ovie ain’t that tough). Just did a soul good just to watch that fight, then not have Orr come back into the game.

Second, the water couldn’t have been cursed. Three Cups will purify anything, especially since all three have been gained since Philly won the last of theirs. Me, I’m blaming the whole “Destiny Has a New Home” thing. Karma boomerang or something, making claims about Destiny.

Three, if horses laid eggs it would give a whole new meaning to the term “brood mare”. Just sayin’. And they’d be ginormous eggs, too.

Finally, The Pisstified would make a helluva name for a punk rock band. No need to thank me.

October 14, 2010 4:27 pm

that fight was just about the only part of the game that I watched last night (damned sinuses).

when engellund punched orr, I think I shouted, “DAYYY-AMN!”

too bad the offense didn’t have as much punch.

as for sadie, who’s so cute, you wanna put her in your pocket….such a worthy cause. I had 3 cousins who died of CF. it’s an awful thing to deal with. it makes me complain less about my own life.

6. Cassie
    October 14, 2010 4:40 pm

According to http://www.hockeyfights.com Deryk Engelland won by 93.3% votes. Love that website.

7. Casey
    October 14, 2010 4:43 pm

I was waiting to see how long it took before you blogged about that ding dog and his birthing pigeons.
    He was so serious for so long, I had to google that shit to see if birds even got pregnant before laying an egg. For Ocho’s business…. birds are pregnant about 24 hours before laying an egg.
    What an idiot!

8. Emily
    October 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Brewing Up a Cure is an awesome event! We had lots of fun (and lots of good beer and food) last year!

9. HorseshoeBend
    October 14, 2010 6:31 pm

#2 has it right. You must be doing something right – lookin hot in the picture with knit chick.

Ochostinko and T.O have a new show on tv. The pigeon egg revelation was only 1 of many. So bad it’s funny.

Saide and her family are in my prayers.

10. Heather
    October 14, 2010 6:44 pm

How can I get in touch with knitting lady? I totally want one of those scarves!

And pisstified? Pretty awesome. Likely the only awesome thing ever to come from OchoCinco’s stupid mouth.

11. gunnlino
    October 14, 2010 9:00 pm

IMPO Mr Ochocinco is not the brightest bulb in the box , and as a football type he is on a par with Dion Sanders , all bluster and show and not much go.

12. Angry Mongo
    October 15, 2010 8:10 am

I still won’t call him Eight Five. Johnson it will always be.

13. Lauren
    October 15, 2010 9:27 am

So I’m the only one that wants Ginny to risk the wrath of Pens fan and post the video? I love how people on the East Coast freak out about spiders. I see a tarantula in El Paso at least every month. Now THAT’S a spider.

14. Betoon
    October 15, 2010 9:37 am

That egg laying thing is just a decoy. Pigeons actually reproduce by mitosis – one splits into two and two split into four and you get the idea. That’s why at the end of days, the pigeons will take over the world. Just saying…

October 15, 2010 10:36 am

@3, yeah, given these are people who will paint their faces and wear any manner of outlandish garb to games (I always associate hockey fans with the Puddy/N.J. Devils ep on “Seinfeld”). Unlike them, knitting lady is doing something productive, rather than spilling beer on the next row down.

16. Butcher's Dog
    October 15, 2010 10:45 am

Cupholders in the new arena should minimize the spilled beers. Whether they will or not remains to be seen.

17. empirechick
    October 15, 2010 11:17 am

no cupholders in the upper deck – at least not in my section. :-(

18. Rich D
    October 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Have a Make Room for Kids fundraiser – if you raise $500 then show the spider video. How can your sis be upset at that? It’s for the kids!

19. emily
    October 15, 2010 1:51 pm

YES knitting lady open an etsy shop! I need a new scarf! You already have the publicity! :)

20. lisa
    October 15, 2010 1:55 pm

I got to ( SQEEEEE!!) go to the game the other night, great game, just a couple soft goals. The fight ROCKED! Blam, he just floored him. And Max, my man max, scored. But, its time to win in the dang building already boys~!

21. Ginny's Dad
    October 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Fleury needs to stop giving up a “flurry” of goals.