What I love …

… about this picture.

1. Sid’s deranged cross-eyed face. His tongue looks forked. Or borked. Either or.

2. Hunkered down girl in denial.

3 and 4.  Celebrating a Sidney Crosby goal looks identical, “I – [clap] – dentical,” to booing a Sidney Crosby goal.

You are my bosom friend if you got the [clap] reference.

You are my bosom friend if you got the bosom friend reference.

1. PA Girl in VA
    October 18, 2010 9:46 am

Hanz & Franz flashbacks!

Sid fired up our power play – let’s hope the Pens keep it up!

2. SpudMom
    October 18, 2010 10:04 am

I got both references.

Damn, I’m old.

3. Steeler in PR
    October 18, 2010 10:10 am

Wow… a “Mr. Tro-ttah” reference… from Ala-[frickin’]-bama… where they have magic grits…

(love the movie, in case you didn’t notice… :-) )

4. Cassie
    October 18, 2010 10:20 am

Ahh, Anne of Green Gables.

I have to say, I wonder what number 4’s “O” face looks like.

5. Pa-pop
    October 18, 2010 10:30 am

Older man between #1 and #2: [I told my bastard son-in-law not to bring my granddaughter to this game…]

Younger man between #1 and #3: [Now I’m gonna have to listen to the old son-of-a-bitch’s grousing all the way back home to Bryn Mawr.]

Girl: [Penguins are cute.]

6. Angry Mongo
    October 18, 2010 10:32 am

Too late to be first to give the references but I did know I [clap] dentical.

Lane Smith RIP.

7. CrashJK
    October 18, 2010 10:40 am

BING BURIES IT…nice onetimer slap (a la Ovie)…we need more of these from Bing.

8. bluzdude
    October 18, 2010 10:51 am

I’m in favor of bosoms, in general.

9. jerry
    October 18, 2010 11:04 am

normally skid marks are a bad thing…well I guess they always are

10. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    October 18, 2010 11:11 am

I was at this game and it was really awesome to turn to all of the Cryers fans around us who kept chanting “Crosby Sucks” and say “If that’s how someone who sucks plays, then I’ll take that every day.” For the most part, though, the fans were pretty good to us — basic good natured ribbing. It was amazing that by the middle of the third period, when the game was actually getting good, to see a ton of Philly fans get up and leave to go to the Phillies game.

11. JenEngland
    October 18, 2010 11:26 am

I got Anne of Green Gables immediately. The other one took me a second, its My Cousin Vinney right?

12. w0x0f
    October 18, 2010 11:27 am

Love it when Sid turns it into the WTF just happened-chovia Center

13. Suz
    October 18, 2010 11:32 am

When will the Flyer fans realize that continuing to chant Crosby Sucks just makes him more productive in their building? I mean, do we have to have a George-Costanza-do-the-opposite lesson, here?

14. Larry
    October 18, 2010 11:32 am

Thank you, Ginny. Thank you very, very much. You have been a lovely, lovely blogger! ;^)

October 18, 2010 11:47 am

mmmmmm…bosoms…..

@ ex-pat: I would give my left nut to be able to leave a pens/cryers game @ consol in the 3rd period because I had to get to a pirates playoff game. totally.

16. Stanley P. Kachowski
    October 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Dude #4 was also celebrating, with his arms raised, if you watch the video replays.

He must have been wearing orange as an incognito Pens fan.

17. Pensgirl
    October 18, 2010 1:51 pm

Both of the men in 3. and 4. are celebrating the goal. This is very clear from the zoomed-out version of the photo, in which dude-in-Flyers-color-cammo is actually pumping his right arm in the air.

Also, you missed the absolute best part: the look in Sid’s eyes, which reflects a hatred of the Flyers so passionate that it represents the entire Penguins fanbase. It’s not just “I scored,” it’s total schadenfreude.

18. Pghlove
    October 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Love the Vinny call out!

“I bet the chinese food here is terrr-able.”