Ding dong!

I have a new post up at Pittsburgh Magazine’s site, this one celebrating the fact that the parking lease is essentially now dead.

A snippet:

I’m guessing Mr. Lazowski was trying to scare City Council into saying, “Hmm. The entire infrastructure world is surprised we’re opposed to this. Gosh darn it, maybe we lowly council persons are making a mistake listening to the people. After all, we’re talking about EVERYONE IN THE INFRASTRUCTURE WORLD.”

The entire infrastructure world, you guys.

Go have a read!

1. happyburghtroll
    October 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Maybe they got mad and set the smoky fire in the courthouse.

2. Joe K.
    October 20, 2010 3:57 pm

“Everyone in the infrastructure world” means: JP Morgan, Wall Street, and Abu Dhabi. I applaud City Council for putting a stop to this, we don’t need more local money going overseas.

3. mfj
    October 20, 2010 4:20 pm

Yeah, but people are going to say you don’t live in Pittsburgh so you just park in a great big cow field and when the cow field gets too crowded there’s always another cow field.

4. Al Lambrini
    October 20, 2010 4:29 pm

so let me get this straight, government subsidized public transportation =Bad Government subsidized parking = Good? OK, got it.

October 20, 2010 4:51 pm

flagged as inappropriate.

6. Kim
    October 20, 2010 5:16 pm

I think “everyone in the infrastructure world” means Mayor Daley of Chicago. He leased our parking, and nobody but him (and the leasing company) have been happy about it.

7. MH
    October 20, 2010 10:33 pm

The infrastructure world is like the furries, except they get turned-on by cement instead of plush.

8. Steverino
    October 21, 2010 9:55 am

Whenever a major issue comes up, locally, regionally or nationally, I ALWAYS check to see what the response is from everyone in the infrastructure world.

October 21, 2010 10:23 am

Ummm … “the people” keep voting Lukey & Co. back into office, so obviously “the people” are always right.

Good to know.

10. Traveller
    October 21, 2010 6:52 pm

So, let me see if I understand the new proposal..

The City of Pittsburgh will sell it’s parking lot assets to The City of Pittsburgh for $220 Million. The City of Pittsburgh is going to get the money buy selling bonds. It will then pay off the bonds by increasing parking rates…