The unfairness of it all.

There are certain things no one should have to do, and saying goodbye to their children is one of them.

There should be no half-sized caskets.

There should be no parent who ever has to look at the still body of the child they gave life to.

No mother having to say goodbye to both of her children.

No father eulogizing his 18-year-old son, an innocent bystander gunned down in the prime of his life.

Go have a read about Reverend Glenn Grayson and his son and have a read about Amy getting married without having Kate and Peter there with her to celebrate.

And remember that whatever you’re worried about today, is probably a million times better than what you COULD be worried about today.

1. LB
    October 22, 2010 9:38 am

Now THAT’s church.

2. T
    October 22, 2010 10:06 am

You are so right on target with this. There really are far, far worse things than a traffic jam or having a bad day at the office. My thoughts prayers are with both families.

3. Jesse
    October 22, 2010 10:15 am

this is so sad Ginny..

October 22, 2010 10:33 am

I’m not given to gushiness or sentimentality, but Jeezum crow, I teared up a little at Amy’s story. The fact that she is even able to find the willpower to get out of bed in the morning, much less get married and go back to living a somewhat normal life, is a triumph of human resilience and spirit. Good for her that she found a man with the extraordinary patience it’s going to take to care for a woman still traumatized by nightmares most nights.

Best wishes.

5. Erin
    October 22, 2010 11:25 am

I feel deflated and sad. But I thank you for posting those stories to remind us about perspective.

6. Dan (Not Onarato)
    October 22, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks Ginny…I needed the grounding a little bit today.

7. jj
    October 22, 2010 3:02 pm

thank you for putting things back into perspective for me, as hard as life can seem sometimes, you are so very right about this…..

8. Cassie
    October 24, 2010 3:00 pm

“What I just realized is that even though the picture is both happy and sad, it’s truly all about love. And as far as I’m concerned love is far stronger than death.”

Best lines ever.