Julie Jumbo is weathergasmically frustrated today

What was supposed to be the storm of the year —

The Stormagasm.

The WX Event of 2010.

The storm that hit front page of the P-G.com and every other news outfit hours and hours before it was supposed to hit Pennsylvania.

The storm that had people in Ohio tweeting to people in Pennsylvania to “brace yourselves, yo.”

The storm that had multiple news outlets bringing in their multiple meteorologists to track its speed, ferocity, and inevitable path of destruction.

The storm that had people saying, “GET OFF THE MOUNT. SAVE YOURSELVES!”

The storm that was supposed to cause Andrew Stockey and Wendy Bell to take a second look at each other.

The storm that had me taking down all my outdoor Halloween decorations for fear that my neighbor’s house would be impaled with a missile-ified plastic pumpkin.

THAT storm? Didn’t even blow the errant badminton birdie off of my roof.

You knew it was a dud when they cut from Julie Bologna to a dead llama.

No, really, they did as this picture from Mikey’s twitter stream will attest:

Remember when llamas were a thing? LOL.

One bright spot … while the real storm was a flop, the fake Julie Bologna was a riot:

1. CrashJK
    October 27, 2010 9:13 am

Glad it passed and left the region relatively unharmed….wooooo…..

Now Demetrius can calm down and start smiling again…don’t know if I’m keen on the new guy – Mike Harvey. Like he’s now the “head meteorologist” ? What did Cropper do for the demotion ? I miss Don Schwennecker myself.

Sorry to ramble…as you where….

LET’S GO PENS

2. Mike
    October 27, 2010 9:27 am

I was sad to hear about the llama. But then again, my finger-puppet llama was our retreat’s mascot in college…

3. Angry Mongo
    October 27, 2010 9:36 am

@CrashJK Big Weather FTW!

4. Moe the Dog
    October 27, 2010 10:00 am

I was hoping for a picture of the weathergasm, not the llama.

October 27, 2010 10:06 am

If Julie needs weather relief, she can come to my place and I’ll make it rain for her. (I think I have a bunch of $1s in my wallet.) And then I’ll do that tornado thing I know how to do …

6. spoon
    October 27, 2010 11:05 am

@bucdaddy dude get laid already. you have way too much sexual energy built up. I’ll even spring for a mariachi band.

So can we get Krista Villarreal to come back for one more storm and jump up and down going “tor-nay-doooo-ohohohohohohohohohhhhhh

October 27, 2010 11:08 am

how about a pic of a llama having a weathergasm?

8. L-A
    October 27, 2010 11:24 am

@Crash – totally peeved at mike harvey, too. does he really need to tell us he’s chief meteorologist EVERY TIME? we get it, dude, you’re impotent. I mean, important.

9. JennyMoon
    October 27, 2010 1:28 pm

I miss Big Weather too! Loved him.

10. Butcher's Dog
    October 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Can we get an update from Magnus Patris on whether the power went out and spoiled all that fresh-killed cow? Some of us care what happens to others of us. Losing your food supply is no joke, for sure. I heard not many outages were experienced and most lasted just a short time. Here’s hoping all of Ginny’s People weathered this storm (pun intended).

11. Steverino
    October 27, 2010 6:10 pm

It was a killer storm. A dead leaf came crashing into the side of my house from the wind. And those rain drops almost dampened my porch. It was hilarious to see all the “Severe Weather Dopler Million Watt Scare Team” people making a big fuss. Hope their ratings went up so they can sell more Preparation H commercials.

12. CrashJK
    October 28, 2010 8:44 am

@spoon….lay off bucdaddy, he’s probably a poor married guy too…and gets NOTHING at home, just a nagging wife and endless lead ons that result in evening headaches, various aches and pains and other assorted emotional roadblocks…

oops…sorry that’s me, but probably applies to bd too.

ymmv

October 28, 2010 9:45 am

Crash,

Stop looking in my windows or I’ll call the … ah, what the hell, come on in and have a beer.

14. CrashJK
    October 28, 2010 10:57 am

@bucdaddy – we gotta stick together man…I’ll bring the BEER ! Have a good day

15. JennyMoon
    October 28, 2010 11:46 am

CrashJK are you my husband?

16. CrashJK
    October 28, 2010 12:04 pm

@JennyMoon…IDK – do I cook 90% of the meals, do 90% of the laundry, clean the house, bath the dogs, make 95% of the family income – while YOU play on facebook, farm town and shop at Target ? Just askin’ ????

LOL…

17. JennyMoon
    October 28, 2010 12:41 pm

Whoa! That is a way better deal than I have! Where can I sign up?

October 28, 2010 2:46 pm

When Julie “Jumbo” develops body-size issues and refuses to eat for weeks and shrinks to a skeletal 85 pounds, it will be on your head.

19. Bitter
    October 29, 2010 1:05 am

This actually was a deadly storm out in the Midwest. In a stroke of luck, I left hours before Stormaggedon to drive home to Pittsburgh, missing the tornado that struck close to our house and closer to my daughters school. Woohoo for good timing!