1. I think I can say with 100 percent certainty that I am the only person in the world who has ever and will ever download Tevin Campbell’s “Tell Me What You Want Me To Do” and Clay Walker’s “Fall” in the same iTunes purchase session that she purchased Taio Cruz’s “Dynamite.”
I have problems. 99.7 and 107.9 and 96.1 are warring in my brain.
2. Speaking of 96.1, Mikey and Big Bob had Bill Jefferson Clinton call into their show this morning, and I do mean the real live actual Bill Clinton. I’m guessing Bill wanted to talk about why the listeners should vote for Dan Onorato (don’t pronounce it ON-I-RATE-OH or he’ll double tax your alcoholic beverages and then squirrel the money into a lockbox), so of course Mikey and Big Bob asked him about the McRib.
America, EFF YEAH!
3. Speaking of politics, a lawn sign I just saw: “SESTAK KILLS JOBS.”
Which made me want to make my own lawn sign that says, “SESTAK EATS PUPPIES AND TOOMEY KICKS NUNS.”
I can’t wait until this day is over.
4. My friend over at www.ineedtwo.com is giving away Patriot/Steelers tickets on Facebook and the winner also gets a free dinner at Las Velas. GO ENTER!
5. [whisper] Psst. Ladies, I’m just going to sneak this in here at number 5 and hope the boys don’t see it and get all “EFF THIS EFFING ESTROGEN CLOUD OF ESTROGEN” on us, so keep it on the downlow n’at.
Chief Rodgers and two of his men of Munhall.
Photo by Steve Norcup of Tier One Photography who was testing out his new camera at his fire station last month. God bless him.
6. All right, fine. Here’s Gina.
You’re welcome, boys.
7. Speaking of Gina, she’ll be at Ti Kanaval. Will you?
We’ve secured some awesome bakers and bakeries to provide sweets for the dessert table and as soon as I get their logos, they’ll be added to the site. If you’re a baker or bakery, shoot me an email via the Contact Me page so we can chat!
8. I think I need to make my own “Beautiful Pittsburghers” calender.
9. The Buccos of Suckitude are riding high on ESPN’s latest list of the most dubious streaks in sports:
It’s one thing to stink for a few years — remember the Stump Merrill-era New York Yankees? — but quite another to be uncompetitive for nearly two decades. After all, even the most rag-tag bunch of misfits and n’er-do-wells enjoy a magical, pennant-winning season once in a while.
It hurts, because it’s true.
9. Speaking of baseball, former Bucco Freddy Sanchez is now a World Series champion:
Freddy hit three doubles in his first three at-bats during the World Series. I’m thrilled for him. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy, as they say.
Hey, just for shits and giggles, let’s check in with the guy we traded Freddy for, Tim Alderson:
He began the 2010 season assigned to the Pirates’ Double A club, the Altoona Curve, and entered the season as the Pirates’ No. 7 prospect, according to Baseball America. However he experienced a difficult season with club and was demoted to the Single A, Bradenton Marauders on July 14, 2010.
10. Jordan Staal broke his hand in practice and is out for six more weeks, while Malkin, Letang, and Goligoski are all injured.
Is this the end times?
Someone tell me it’s going to be okay.