Random n’at

1. What is it about Friday that sucks the life out of me? It has always been this way. I remember when I was a teenager, I’d come home from school on Friday and crash on the couch, not stirring until it was dark and my mother was waking me for dinner.

It’s like the whole week builds up until it weighs me down and then my brain goes all 404 ERROR.

2. If you’re a reader of Empty Netters by Seth Rorabaugh (who also lives in Westmoreland County, but writes about the Penguins. What a FRAUD.) over at the P-G site, today would be a good day to express your desire to continue reading his blog.

He’s got an important meeting coming up on Monday that might mean the end of Empty Netters as we know it, so he’s issuing a preemptive strike to show the P-G brass how passionate and numbered his readership is.

I’d hate to see Empty Netters go away. You can find all the details about what’s going here.

Or you can follow the #saveemptynetters hashtag on twitter, which last I checked was the number one trending topic in Pittsburgh.

3. Speaking of Twitter, I have a new post up at Pittsburgh Magazine, this one providing you with a great list of people to follow on Twitter if you’re new to the site or if you just want to know some interesting Burghers to follow.

From @fakejulie to @cranberryperson to @mayorluke, who is closing in on having a meaningful tweet again.

Have a read!

4. Speaking again of Twitter, I found Mrs. Comrie’s twitter account and found this picture on it with the caption, “Got my hat on representing and ready for a win tonight!!! Let’s go pens!!”

I desire that corduroy hat.

5. Steelers are playing the Bengals on Monday.

We hate the Bengals, Pittsburgh.

Would you like to hate them some more?

Here’s a picture Chad OchoCinco posted that will have you reaching for the bleach:

Disturbing, disturbing shit.

(h/t @johnrossjr)

6. I have never had a McRib. Is that disgraceful?

7. I was thinking that …

Whoops. There goes my brain.

Have a good weekend!

[runs to ask Woy to create a Calvin and Hobbes-themed 404 screen for That’s Church]

1. Jen
    November 5, 2010 3:36 pm

Okay, I now want a corduroy hat, too. Anyone? Where can we find them???

2. JC
    November 5, 2010 4:01 pm

OMG! I need that hat as well. It’s adorable! And there are a million sites saying it is ugly. I love it. I can’t find it anywhere.

3. CrashJK
    November 5, 2010 4:08 pm

Got a feeling Mike Duff-Comrie will be a health scratch tonight…WE WANT TANGRADI BACK !!!

4. Monty
    November 5, 2010 4:30 pm

McRib = Grand Canyon at sunset.

5. Duncan
    November 5, 2010 4:34 pm

Meh… ya ain’t missin anything by having passed on the McRib. But, Monty, to each his/her own. If ya gotta go to McDonalds, I’ve been diggin the McChicken sandwich on the dollar menue… good & cheap.

November 5, 2010 4:56 pm

McRib is a good idea with terrible execution. But that’s not why I refuse to eat at McDonald’s. I despise “I’m lovin’ it” with the fire of 100,000 suns. McDonald’s highjacked hip-hop to sell unhealthy food to already obese people, and it’s hard to decide which crime is worse.

November 5, 2010 4:57 pm

Duncan, Get the 99 cent junior bacon cheeseburger from Wendy’s (speaking of unhealthy food for obese people, I love those).

November 5, 2010 4:58 pm

And not just because my sister works at the Meadowlands Wendy’s.

9. Christina
    November 5, 2010 5:47 pm

Ha – that’s a me-too-posting ;)!

1) Friday 404: Totally me. It is 10.30 pm local time and I just woke up from 2 hours nap and go back to sleep after posting this. Lack of sleep and exhaustion definitely sums up over the week.

2) Pens hat: I want one! All Pens hats I found in the net for purchase are ugly. This one is not. My pretty cool retro style Steelers hat would love to have such a cool brother hanging next to it at the coat rack.

3) Never had a McRib and have no desire to change that.

10. Milwaukee Hockey
    November 5, 2010 6:48 pm

The day the plug is pulled on Empty Netters is the day that I jump ship to the Trib. Do the right thing, P-G.

11. Angry Mongo
    November 5, 2010 6:51 pm

McRib… meh

I want BK to bring back The Whaler. I know it’s the standard fish sandwich but The Whaler was boss. I just want the name back. It was great for us Greek Catholic kids trying to be good during Lent.

12. Phronk
    November 5, 2010 7:38 pm

@JoeBob9z for gems like this:

@ScottRPriester- You follow Lady Gaga, and you are a goof, nuff said!
    1:40 PM Sep 22nd via web

13. Carly
    November 5, 2010 10:12 pm

Don’t try the McRib if you’ve never had it! It will ruin you! It’s like crack, as they say. I’ve never had crack, but I have had McRib and I am ashamed, no ASHAMED of how much I enjoy them.

14. Ms. Redd
    November 6, 2010 8:10 am

Who knew that Chad 85 would be a reader of your site- that is obviously why he posted that pic this week.

November 6, 2010 10:07 am

I desire the individual under the corduroy hat.

I do not desire the mcrib. got my fill of mystery meat in high school.

16. Patrick
    November 6, 2010 11:15 am

Empty Netters is the greatest hockey blog on the interweb and the best thing, period, on the post-gazette website. Seth is a font of information and if he loses his blog, I sincerely hope he starts his own and moves on from PPG.

McRib is just ok. Not bad, not great.

17. Lauren
    November 6, 2010 1:50 pm

I’ve never had a McRib. I don’t feel like I’m missing anything.

#saveemptynetters