Black and Yellow and Busted

Okay. Now, now. I’m not trying to make myself unpopular in the local hip-hop community or to alienate my hip-hop loving readers, because keep in mind, I’ve been known to dorkily rap along with a joint or two.

I once heard Nick Cannon call a song a joint, and I hope I used it right or I have just exponentially increased my dork-factor. What am I saying? I just quoted Nick Cannon. My dork-factor is already off the charts.

I know I’m a pilgrim. I know I’m in the minority.

That said:

According to several reports, rapper Wiz Khalifa was arrested for marijuana possession after a performance at East Carolina University’s Wright Auditorium on Tuesday, November 9th. The marijuana was discovered after a bus in which Wiz Khalifa was traveling was raided by police.

I just want to say this.

85% of Wiz’s songs are about weed. Every interview he does he talks about weed and how his mother here in Pittsburgh is a weed chef or something. Every other tweet is about weed. He bragged that he drops $10,000 a month on weed. He tweets pictures of himself smoking weed. He wakes and he bakes and he is, by his own very public admission, almost constantly high.

OF COURSE THE COPS ARE GOING TO EVENTUALLY RAID YOUR BUS!

Like it or not, Internet, marijuana is illegal and you can only flaunt your breaking of the law, whether you agree with the law or not, for so long before the law catches up to you.

That’s all I’m sayin’, know what I’m sayin’? I’m just sayin’.

You know what it is. Everything I do, I do it big. Black and yellow. Black and yellow.

[throws signs]

1. Leah
    November 9, 2010 10:07 am

Is it strange that I’m an African-American Burgher, born and raised from The Hill District and I have no idea who Wiz Khalifa is?

2. Jess
    November 9, 2010 10:25 am

I have no clue, either!

3. bluzdude
    November 9, 2010 10:40 am

Perhaps Santonio was just “holdin'” for Wiz…

4. alison
    November 9, 2010 10:46 am

well… color me shocked. seriously, every tweet he sends deals with weed. i was wondering when this would happen.

“black and yellow” is a pretty good “joint” though. hehe…

5. hello haha narf
    November 9, 2010 10:53 am

today is tuesday, the 9th of november. what the hell was he doing scheduling a show so early…of course he would need weed to get through that!

6. hello haha narf
    November 9, 2010 10:53 am

also…your site doesn’t adjust for throwing the clocks back an hour. it isn’t even 10 AM.

7. YinzerInExile
    November 9, 2010 11:00 am

Even if he weren’t so self admittedly weed-positive, I checked out East Carolina U for graduate school and I have to say that the entire soviet block-esque nature of much of the campus would have compelled me to stay high while there, as well.

8. red pen mama
    November 9, 2010 11:51 am

Corollary: if you go on national television with your four wives, you are going to get busted.

I don’t care if you smoke weed, or have four wives, but if you put it out there, someone’s going to have to bust you for it sooner or later. They can’t just ignore it. Sends a bad message to the kids. ;)

9. Cindy T.
    November 9, 2010 12:21 pm

Does he have the 412 area code tatted on his chest? Is it so he won’t forget or is that some other kinda code?

10. BeauJacques
    November 9, 2010 12:32 pm

idiot

11. BeauJacques
    November 9, 2010 12:34 pm

I’ll take that back, $$$ publicity?

Profits?

Maybe he’s not an idiot, LOL,

no, he’s an idiot.

12. gunnlino
    November 9, 2010 1:20 pm

I don’t know who ( or what he is ) either. So after a little research, this clown could drop from the face of the earth in two seconds and;
    Very few would miss him,
    Fewer still would know that he’s gone,
    Society, as we know it would be a lot better off.
    IMHO

13. CrashJK
    November 9, 2010 1:48 pm

More Hockey Talk….less of this…whatever IT is or is SUPPOSED to be…

nuff said…Let’s Go Pens !

November 9, 2010 2:04 pm

wiz has some dope rhymes.

now, he also has street cred.

15. Bram R
    November 9, 2010 2:19 pm

He’s probably a little too into weed.

Now, I happened to have viewed an RT of his recently, and he referred to weed as “Murder Death Kill”. So if you’re out there reading this, Wiz (and really, how can you have ‘412’ tattoo’d across your chest, rhyme about Pittsburgh almost as much as about weed, and not read this blog?) … IS THIS A REFERENCE TO THE ROLE PLAYING GAME, “PARANOIA”? If so … omg, you know Paranoia, Wiz? How neat!

November 9, 2010 2:31 pm

Khalifa … Khalifa … used to play shortstop for the Pirates, right? Pretty sure they called him “Wizard.” Or maybe that was Ozzie Smith, they were both shortstops and I’ve been known to get confused …

17. Chris
    November 9, 2010 4:24 pm

I had never heard of him either until I read that he has a two-night, sold out show at Stage AE in December. Go figure.

18. JennyMoon
    November 9, 2010 4:37 pm

Thank God for lots of posts today. That picture is disgusting to look at.

19. PittCheMBA
    November 9, 2010 8:33 pm

He probably knows Santonio A**Hat Holmes.

20. LaReina
    November 10, 2010 9:19 am

I love these made-up rapper names. “Rapper KilzmyLandlord (real name, Irving Donkeybutt) was arrested today for …”

Anyone else disturbed that the photo resembles a young Pres. Obama? Pretty sure BHO doesn’t have the ink, though.

21. BeauJacques
    November 10, 2010 11:15 am

Hey! Doesn’t Snoop already have this job?

Somehow, Iron City just doesn’t work here…

With so much drama in the L-B-C
    It’s kinda hard bein Snoop D-O-double-G
    But I, somehow, some way
    Keep comin up with funky ass shit like every single day
    May I, kick a little something for the G’s (yeah)
    and, make a few ends as (yeah!) I breeze, through
    Two in the mornin and the party’s still jumpin
    cause my momma ain’t home
    I got bitches in the living room gettin it on
    and, they ain’t leavin til six in the mornin (six in the mornin)
    So what you wanna do, sheeeit
    I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too
    So turn off the lights and close the doors
    But (but what) we don’t love them hoes, yeah!
    So we gonna smoke a ounce to this
    G’s up, hoes down, while you motherfuckers bounce to this

Rollin down the street, smokin indo, sippin on Iron City
    Laid back (with my mind on my money and my money on my mind)

22. John in the Rocks
    November 10, 2010 11:12 pm

Wakin and bakin… yup, Wiz and Tone would get along just fine.