Next up on the block here at Ginny’s House of Self-United Husbands …

… we have the newest Steeler Shaun Suisham.

Start this at 1:00 in:

YouTube Preview Image

Swoon.

Fun interview:

Who knows what kind of kicker he’ll be for us, but at least we know he’ll be nice to look at. My mission, and I’ve already chosen to accept it: shirtless pictures of Shaun Suisham.

And seeing Daniel Sepulveda hold for Shaun Suisham? Hot like hellfire.

Seeing as I have more self-united husbands than I have chainable poles in my basement, who’s taking Shaun?

Going once, going twice …

1. NAM
    November 16, 2010 4:18 pm

HA! I knew it! :)

2. NAM
    November 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Also…sold!

3. Summer
    November 16, 2010 4:46 pm

If I cared about football, I would be encouraged by the apparent lack of photos of this guy showing off his manscaping.

4. LucyLou
    November 16, 2010 4:47 pm

New rule, effective immediately….any Steeler attempting to kick/punt, hold or otherwise advance the football using the foot shall do so shirtless. Thanks Ginny for the due diligence on our new hottie!

5. Tracy in SC
    November 16, 2010 4:48 pm

A Canadian, eh!

6. Butcher's Dog
    November 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Doesn’t take much to ignite the estrogen cloud after a loss, does it? If the new guy can get kickoffs into the end zone once in a while and make the ones he’s supposed to make, within a year we’ll be wondering what the name of the short fat guy who used to kick for us was.

7. Butcher's Dog
    November 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Max Talbot and other Penguin players delivered holiday turkeys in the Hill District today. Jeff Reed is a turkey. Coincidence? I don’t think so!

8. Carpetbagger
    November 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Why do news and sports folk on local TV all look the same no matter what city you go to? I suspect illegal cloning experiments.

9. Karen Dickinson
    November 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Damn! I live in Florida. We have no basement. Although, we ARE about to get invisible fencing for the dog.

10. Carol P
    November 16, 2010 7:59 pm

He looks wholesome. And adorable.

11. Toadsly
    November 16, 2010 8:00 pm

Quick, Jeff! Get on the first flight to New Zealand…Peter Jackson is still casting parts for his upcoming “Hobbit” movie!

12. Donncha
    November 16, 2010 8:20 pm

Ginny, the guy looks like he’s 14 years old. Manscaping? He probably hasn’t grown any yet.

13. Clementine
    November 16, 2010 9:12 pm

During this time of transition, I believe we ladies should volunteer to help Mr. Suisham with tackling practice. We did give his predescessor a hard time in that area, so it’s the least we can do. And if we should fall face down on Mr. Sepulveda during this exercise, I’m sure he won’t hold it against us. And if Mr. Grisham should happen to be in the area, I think he might also assist by taking his shirt off.

I look forward to the rest of the season. Play ball!

14. Dawn
    November 16, 2010 10:42 pm

uhm… we can always ship him here to Baltimore and I’ll keep him safe…. you know… for the good of the team….

…. it’s a sacrifice people….

15. Maybe Next Time
    November 16, 2010 10:56 pm

@Clementime, If we should fall face down on Mr. Sepulveda, we hope that he would, uh, hold it against us.

If you know what we mean…

16. Maybe What Time?
    November 16, 2010 10:57 pm

Ginny, I just posted at 9:56 local time. Why does it say 10:56??

17. Erin
    November 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Maybe next time, that was awesome.

18. Wendielu
    November 17, 2010 12:30 am

Do you think it’s a coincidence that “Suisham” sounds just like “Squeeze Him”?

19. Dwight Supremacy
    November 17, 2010 7:04 am

“And seeing Daniel Sepulveda hold for Shaun Suisham” Somehow that seems super dirty … and I love it!

20. Suburban Nor'Side Girl
    November 17, 2010 8:44 am

Maybe it’s my advancing years, but the new guy? Meh. I’m more interested in whether or not he can get the ball through the uprights.

21. Lizzy
    November 17, 2010 9:46 am

Damn It Damn It Damn It – I noticed he’s wearing a wedding band; Guess it doesn’t hurt to look! lol

22. Heather
    November 17, 2010 10:35 am

I’m pleased to hear him talk about how blessed he is. We could use more players who acknowledge and appreciate that!

23. JennyMoon
    November 17, 2010 10:45 am

I love when someone mentions the estrogen cloud.

24. Kathy
    November 17, 2010 11:46 am

There used to be a short fat guy that kicked for Pittsburgh?

Pardon me, I need to check if the cement has finished setting around the pole…. @Lizzy – I know… someone distract Mrs. Kicker.

25. TripleC
    November 17, 2010 11:57 am

Ok ladies – enjoy him while he’s here because he probably won’t last past this season because ya know – he ain’t very good.

26. red pen mama
    November 17, 2010 12:31 pm

I can only take him if he will help me with my children. I need more than a pretty face to look at. (I have my husband for that. HA!)

27. red pen mama
    November 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Also: nicely done, @clementine and @maybe next time. Nicely done.

28. Monty
    November 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Men are not objects. I’m going to have to burn my manziere and stop trimming my hedges to get that point across.

29. Butcher's Dog
    November 17, 2010 4:27 pm

@JennyMoon: it’s usually me mentioning the estrogen cloud. And I only do it when the cloud billows. Which is approximately every time Ginny posts a picture of some hot guy. And you’re welcome; I’m always glad to do my part for the readership.

As to TripleC’s comment about him not being very good, the statistics will beg to differ. Plus, sometimes a change of venue makes all the difference. Anyone who is married for a second time and considers this one wildly successful will attest to that. So will anyone thriving in a second job. Let’s see how many kickoffs land in the end zone and how many field goals get made before we place any bets on next year.

30. Butcher's Dog
    November 17, 2010 4:29 pm

@Maybe What Time: the site hasn’t corrected for Standard Time yet. Still on Daylight Savings. I think it took a few months for the copyright date to read 2010.

31. Sooska
    November 17, 2010 6:29 pm

It matters not if he gets the ball on target any better than Reed. The bottom line is He is better to look at than Skippy Skeeve so if his record is as good (or as bad) it is a wash with bonus points on being cute and clean cut and Canadian. Also, I wonder if he will get Reed’s seats at Pens games cause as a Can-ade he is no doubt a hockey fan. woo.

32. Scott
    November 17, 2010 7:27 pm

Ladies, Walmart has a special on 20 packs of AA batteries.

33. Butcher's Dog
    November 17, 2010 8:55 pm

To me, Scott wins!

34. Heather
    November 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Nicely played, Scott. Nicely played.

35. Guins29
    November 17, 2010 10:08 pm

I love Canadians (Maxime Talbot…GROWL!) and kickers (ask hubby, all Penn State kickers/punters are “best friend” from last season on to this one…Jeremy Boone, Collin Wagner, Anthony Fera…it’s weird, I don’t explain it. Maybe b/c I can’t shout “Sluts for Skippy” or “Sepulva-nom-nom-nom” when they do something awesome?) so I am “on the bandwagon” as one of my coworkers said today.

But now what do I shout after an extra point or FG?

36. TripleC
    November 18, 2010 9:13 am

@ Butcher’s Dog – I hope I’m wrong and he ends up being around for years, but there is a reason he’s signed with 7 different teams since 2005.

37. Beth
    November 18, 2010 11:13 am

@Scott…if it runs on AA batteries, it must be the “Brett Favre” model.

38. Scott