1. No posting yesterday SO DEAL WITH IT.
I had meetings all day and by the time I got home I got hooked on watching Toy Story 3 and man is that giant lazy-eyed, dead-eyed baby the creepiest thing I ever did want to kill with fire.
Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl‘s office is using YouTube, Twitter and Facebook today to urge city high school students to participate in its My Promise to Pittsburgh contest, for which the deadline is next week.
Does this mean Mayor Lukey is going to start tweeting again?! So close to the first anniversary of his last tweet?! So close to my chance to retweet his last tweet? So close to my chance to get #thanksgivingstahl to trend on Twitter?!
That would be just like him to spite me that way.
However, the winner of that contest gets Pens tickets! WOO!
And lunch with the Mayor! Woo?
3. I’d like to have lunch with the Mayor. I wonder which of us would break out in fisticuffs first.
4. My money is on me.
5. I’d win.
[awkward kung fu moves]
6. Light Up Night starts tomorrow in Pittsburgh and runs through to Saturday night (Las Velas will have Mariachis on Saturday night!), and then the Steelers play Sunday. This means I have seen the last of my husband until maybe Sunday night.
7. I don’t know if you know this, but all the cool kids are donating to Burgh Baby’s Christmas Crazy. Don’t you want to be cool like us?
Peer pressure at work.
8. Jim Shearer is getting a bigger and bigger presence here in Pittsburgh as his Yinz Luv shows are being featured on the Pittsburgh Magazine site and he’s been on DVE and The Fan recently.
Now all we need is to find him a job in sports.
I’d watch The Yinz Luv Show With Jim Shearer so hard.
Check out his New England show. I had a nice hearty belly laugh at exactly 1:27 in:
Also: “The Allegheny River would KICK ITS ASS.”
I love Jim. I might have to divorce a self-united husband so I can fake marry him.
KDKA, WTAE, WPXI, what’s wrong with you? Why aren’t you guys negotiating your butts off to get Jim on your channel?
9. If you have new or gently used winter coats you’d like to donate, head on down to KDKA at One Gateway Center today at 5:00 p.m. in the circle next to KDKA off of Fort Duquesne Blvd. to donate a coat. Dave Price from the CBS Early Show will be here to collect them!
10. Hottie alert! Alyssa Milano is going to be at the Penguins game at the CEC on Friday!
To help celebrate the launch of the new Touch PensGear Store featuring ‘Touch by Alyssa Milano’ merchandise at CONSOL Energy Center, 150 fans will win a private meet and greet with Alyssa Milano.
Starting Monday, November 15th at 11am, the first 150 fans who purchase ‘Touch by Alyssa Milano’ merchandise at the main Pens Gear store or the Touch PensGear Store on the main concourse will receive a free autographed gift, and will get the chance to meet Alyssa Milano in person on Friday November 19 before the Penguins take on the Hurricanes.
I desire this henley so much. It would go perfect with that corduroy hat Mrs. Comrie was sporting, which I’m told is available for sale at the arena:
She’s not terrible to look at, eh?