Luke Ravenstahl poked you. Poke back?

Well, here’s an email that gave me pause.

The Dread Lord Zober suggested I friend Luke Ravenstahl on Facebook.

Thoughts:

1. Is this one of those “keep your enemies closer” things?

2. Is he suggesting it in a friendly way or in a Dread Lord “I will unhinge my jaw and swallow you whole if you don’t friend him” kind of way?

3. How ridiculously adorable is that profile picture? Gosh.

4. Do I friend him?

5. Will be accept?

6. If he accepts and I write something bad about him, will he unfriend me?

7.  If he accepts, will he “poke” me?

8. If he pokes me, do I poke him back?

9. That sounds dirty. I think I’ll not poke him back.

10. Unless he pokes me angrily, then it’s on like Donkey Kong. [awkward kung fu poking moves]

1. spoon
    December 7, 2010 10:45 pm

You two could farmville together!

2. Jill
    December 7, 2010 10:48 pm

Will he give you a thumbs up when you become a fan of Bill Peduto?

3. SpudMom
    December 7, 2010 11:08 pm

Make Lukey play Cityville – see how much he can eff up a virtual city!

4. Jen
    December 7, 2010 11:15 pm

If you friend him, do you also have to friend his 6 bodyguards?

5. HeatherB
    December 7, 2010 11:33 pm

Love it! Just as long as he doesn’t upload pics of pigeons and tag you!

6. bluzdude
    December 8, 2010 12:12 am

I think you have to friend him, if for nothing but the blog possibilities.

7. Bram R
    December 8, 2010 12:55 am

“1. Is this one of those “keep your enemies closer” things?”

It’d be the first.

8. BeauJacques
    December 8, 2010 3:01 am

One more reason I don’t do Facebook.

9. Michelle
    December 8, 2010 9:45 am

As ridiculously adorable as the current profile picture is, there’s an older one, with a littler Little Lukey of the two of the between the Lombardi and Lord Stanley that made me gush.

Also, Jill, LOL.

10. Lisa
    December 8, 2010 10:17 am

Maybe you could friend him, but block some of your news feed items (i.e. posts about him!).

11. Kim
    December 8, 2010 10:36 am

A) He wants help on Farmville
    or
    B) He wants to post a juicy link that will infect your computer with a nasty virus that shuts down your blog, your twitter account and your life in general.

That second one would take forethought and strategy, so I’m guessing it’s just Farmville.

12. YinzerInExile
    December 8, 2010 10:39 am

I can’t really see the profile pic but . . . does he have a MiniMe?!? WTF?

13. Butcher's Dog
    December 8, 2010 11:13 am

@BeauJacques…that makes two of us. I really didn’t need another reason to ignore Facebook, but this gave me one anyway.

December 8, 2010 12:10 pm

The timing seems suspicious …

Does Lukey have an alibi for the night of the fire*? He seems like the kind of high school-level thought-process guy who would get drunk, screw your girl and slash your tires one night and the next day at school be all “Hey, little buddy, how’s it going?”

*–The initial reports said the arson squad was looking into it.

15. Al
    December 8, 2010 12:24 pm

I used to be friends with Luke, but every time I complained about how my street still hadn’t been plowed, he’d click “Like”.

16. G-Man
    December 8, 2010 12:25 pm

This is like Joe Flacco suggesting you become FB friends with Ray Lewis. And then you end up murdered after The Super Bowl.

17. LaReina
    December 8, 2010 12:38 pm

@Al – No doubt!

18. Pa-pop
    December 8, 2010 12:55 pm

If this, as you may think, is an “enemies closer” situation, then the only proper reply for you would be to say you will do it but “some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me.” It is unfortunately way too soon to also say he can consider this friending of Lukey to be a gift on your daughter’s wedding day.

19. Butcher's Dog
    December 8, 2010 1:05 pm

@bucdaddy: my heart stopped when I heard the words “arson squad” on initial news reports of the fire. I’m hopeful that just standard operating procedure for any fire. Anybody shed any light on that?

20. JT
    December 8, 2010 1:46 pm

The place he was staying is back up for rent in Westwood so maybe he’s looking for a place to stay.

21. Lisa
    December 8, 2010 1:52 pm

Oh yes, definitely friend him. I think it could turn incredibly fun!

December 8, 2010 3:24 pm

Butcher’s Dog,

And I haven’t heard the A-word since.

Because the cover-up has kicked in, no doubt.

Wouldn’t it be fun to walk into City Hall with a dog trained to smell accelerants and shout, “Nobody leave this room!”

Well … even Lukey would probably be smart enough to keep his hands clean by hiring somebody for the job. With public money, no doubt.

23. tim
    December 8, 2010 8:52 pm

1) Friend him . . .you can NEVER have too many friends! 2) Especially on moving day, lol. I really meant the first advise the second was my attempt at humor . . . humor ain’t an easy thing for us accountant types.

24. Marlene
    December 8, 2010 11:41 pm

Does this mean that you are already friends with the Dread Lord???
    I love how you go after those two (and I don’t live in the city either but work there, so go at it!!)

25. bob
    December 9, 2010 1:19 am

so where was luckey luke during light up night, when pgh”s finiest was policing the streets after two shootings. answer the sharp edge on penn ave. with i”m sure his 200,000 body guards ans some hot blond, whom i’m sure will cost him more than out new tunnel to the north side. just to let ya know.

December 9, 2010 11:21 am

I’d give him credit for knowing his beer if I didn’t think he’d be in Sharp’s all, “Yinz got any PBR in this dump?”

Can I get a witness, spoon?

27. Carol
    December 9, 2010 11:47 am

The only thing that entered my mind is the word (is it a word?)…. eww.