Gifts galore

Over at the magazine, I put together a little Pittsburgh-themed gift list that might help you with your holiday shopping, particularly those people on your list who are hard to buy for.

It’s a select list of eight of the most charming Burgh gifts I could find during hours of researching the web.

Awesome things like this Moleskine journal with 412 area code note cards:

Other Burgh-themed gift ideas include black and gold cufflinks, black and gold coffee cup sweaters, Pittsburgh note cards and more.

EVEN A DIPPY EGGS SHIRT!

Here’s one that didn’t make the list. A Pittsburgh skyline pillow.

How awesome is that?

Go check ’em out. Buy them for me!

Or, you know, someone in your life you love if you want to be selfish like that. Hmph.

Update note: If an item is sold on etsy and listed as out of stock, you can either wait for the seller to relist it, as Cardamom Press does almost instantly, or you can email the seller and request the item be relisted. Often, the sellers will relist, i.e. re-make, an item if interest is expressed in it.

1. Noelle
    December 9, 2010 4:28 pm

I just bought the bridge poster for my husband. LOVE.

2. k
    December 9, 2010 4:29 pm

The moleskine journal is already sold out! :(

3. Virginia
    December 9, 2010 4:56 pm

k,

Email the seller on etsy. If she knows you want the PIT one, and that you’ll buy it, she might make more and re-list it.

4. PittsburghSmith
    December 9, 2010 4:56 pm

Sold out? Getting into That’s Church is going to be the new getting onto Oprah. :)

5. Angry Mongo
    December 9, 2010 5:17 pm

Ginny, I am humbled to have been given a mention by you. A gruesomely huge thank you for the inclusion of the Dippy shirt.

6. k
    December 9, 2010 5:40 pm

Good to know, I’ve never even looked at Etsy before! I have a feeling this could get real dangerous. For serious.
    The new Oprah, too funny ;)

7. Christina
    December 9, 2010 6:48 pm

I just ordered the journal. It was listed that 1 was available (MINE now :). I guess the seller has an eye on what it is happening and will post it again. It is worth checking every now and then.

“That’s Church is going to be the new getting onto Oprah.” I guess – yes :)

8. Angry Mongo
    December 9, 2010 6:54 pm

@PittsburghSmith I’ll be waiting for the day when Ginny says, “Everyone, look under your seat…”

Could you imagine if she had that kind of power. She could tell Lukey to look under his chair and he’d find the money needed to fund the pension plan.

9. rickh
    December 9, 2010 6:56 pm

@k, I emailed the artist regarding the journal, and she put three more up for sale. I ordered two, and it looks like Christina grabbed the last one. Give her a shout and let her know you’re interested.

10. Christina
    December 9, 2010 8:18 pm

@rickh
    THANK YOU – looks like I was lucky due to your initiative :)

11. Noelle
    December 10, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks so much for featuring my journal! I do have more listed and can always make them upon request:)

12. Noelle
    December 10, 2010 11:59 am

There’s another Noelle out there!? Cool! Hi Noelle!

13. Angry Mongo
    December 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Another thank you has to go out. I’ve noticed an immediate uptick in sales of Pittsburgh inspired gear since your post and I can only attribute it to your readers, so once again, thank you.

14. heather
    December 10, 2010 6:08 pm

I LOVE Etsy! I ordered these black and gold slippers from a person in Butler a couple weeks ago to wear, especially during Steeler games!

Also, have had this pillow in my favorites for a while to buy for my parent’s house. http://www.etsy.com/listing/36169381/pittsburgh-steelers-decorative-pillows

15. Sarah
    December 12, 2010 10:00 am

Thank you so much for including my cards, Ginny! I’ve definitely seen more sales since you put together your gift guide – and my mom’s friends keep calling her to tell her they saw me in the magazine. Best. Present. Ever. :)