Psst.

Psst. I have to whisper because I don’t want the universe to hear me and then jinx it, but the Pittsburgh Penguins have won 11 games in a row.

ELEVEN!!

Shhhhh!

Eleven games. They’re in first place in the Atlantic Division with the longest current win streak in the NHL, the largest goal differential in the NHL, and the most points in the NHL. Sidney Crosby leads the league in both points and goals, 10 points and five goals ahead of the nearest competitor, and 14 goals and 15 points ahead of The Kraken.

WOO!

SHHHHHHH!

Yay. Woo. Shh.

[air high-five]

1. CrashJK
    December 9, 2010 4:56 pm

WHISPER !?!?!…..HELL, SCREAM IT FROM Mt. Washington !!!!
    …The Penguins are playing freakin’ amazing hockey right now, the defensive lines have “clicked”, the buzz line is truly fun to watch as they swarm the opponents top O-lines, MAF is playing some of his best hockey and Sidney, well he’s just proving what we’ve known for a long time, he is the BEST in the NHL (tons of respect for that man)..and all this without Jordan Staal and pretty much Geno Malkin….(and that Mr. Hillary Duff guy too). Imagine when 11 and 71 get totally healthy and back into the line up…WOOT !!!

Capitals…here we come, Jan. 1st (after we kick their asses on 12/23) !

ps – thanks for the hockey post Ginny !

2. CrashJK
    December 9, 2010 5:01 pm

and furthermore…we are first place in the Eastern Conference(better than just the Atlantic Div.) and currently at 42 points – ahead of all teams in the entire NHL….again, SCREAM IT FROM Mt. Washington !

Life is good….Crosby is better

3. Lauren
    December 9, 2010 5:01 pm

I will not lick my computer screen… I will not lick my computer screen… I will not lick my… dammit.

Um, er, yeah. Sid has been playing lights out lately. Glad to see that his linemates (and the rest of the team) are taking the cue and stepping up their games as well. Season is long though and all this means nothing unless it happens in April, May, and June.

4. Butcher's Dog
    December 9, 2010 5:13 pm

A picture of the Kracken in a t-shirt would have merited the slogan “Please take this outside.” Maybe a trash can to underscore the message. Just sayin’.

And, as we’ve been reminded before, it’s a long season, folks. Don’t get too high (enjoy, but in perspective) when things are phenomenal and don’t jump off a bridge when they lose three in a row again. Let’s hope there’s still a win streak to talk about in June.

5. jcubed2003
    December 9, 2010 5:23 pm

I saw this photo on a billboard today and nearly wrecked the car. YUMMY.

6. PA Girl in VA
    December 9, 2010 5:38 pm

Did I ever tell you that I have my 6 year old son calling Ovechkin “The Kraken” and “The Devil”? Your influence reaches far and wide.

(taking a moment to slobber over photo of Sidney Crosby……)

I’m back.

My son also declared the enchilada he ate at Las Velas the day after Thanksgiving to be “the best enchilada I’ve ever had!” Now THAT’S a restaurant review.

7. bluzdude
    December 9, 2010 5:44 pm

I’m remaining cautiously happy and working feverishly not to jinx anything. And I’m working that Game Jersey Mojo like a Voodoo Witch Doctor.

Lets Go Pens!

8. G-Man
    December 9, 2010 7:18 pm

Add this to the Penguins success: Monday, the Kraken’s team blew a 4-1 lead and lost in a shootout. Wednesday night, the Flyers blew a 4-1 lead and lost in a shootout. Does life get any better than that?

9. Butcher's Dog
    December 9, 2010 9:43 pm

@G-Man: only if the Pens are the team taking the extra point each time.

10. Cassie
    December 9, 2010 10:19 pm

Love the Pens.

And c’mon, like we didn’t already know Sidney Crosby is freaking ridiculous. He just HAS to go and prove it to us. Gosh.

December 10, 2010 2:35 am

Three weeks ago, y’all were all “What’s wrong with the Penguins?”

Please, from now on, when they come out of the gate 5-5, STFU. It’s November, people. Get a grip.

12. spoon
    December 10, 2010 9:54 am

y’all? dude… seriously.

besides, its December now. Flip your Golden Girls calendar one more month :)

13. CrashJK
    December 10, 2010 10:16 am

“golden girls calendar” !!!!…..bwahahahahahahaha….

Ok, since I’m such a cheerleader, I guess I’ll temper my enthusiasm and just scream at home while I watch each amazing period of Pens play…

the rest of you can keep yellin’…”Go STILLERS” and such…

14. red pen mama
    December 10, 2010 10:16 am

My husband covets Winter Classic tickets like you would not believe. If Michael weren’t such a cute baby, I think he would be willing to sell him. (He mentioned selling Kate, but I pointed out the market value of a 3 year old, even if she is almost 4, is actually in the negative range.)

The Pens are riding a nice wave, and it’s especially heartening (to me, his biggest fan) to see MAF once more be AMAZING. I love Sid the Kid, of course, but that’s easy. Keeping faith with the rest of the team is just as vital.

15. spoon
    December 10, 2010 10:34 am

You know how much it killed me to give up my Winter Classic tickets because the baby could come any day.

I could totally make it to the hospital on time but noooooooo

December 10, 2010 11:38 am

spoon,

It was November when everybody was losing their shizz over the slow start, which is a Penguins tradition. Well, I guess losing your shizz over the slow start is a tradition too, but it COULD be retired.

Hoochie mama! Bea Arthur for December!

She’s looking a little decomposed, tho …

17. DG
    December 10, 2010 11:54 am

The WC store in the strip has that poster, but about 15 feet high, right at eye level. Yummy. Not only is he better than AO, but he is much better looking.

With each win I keep telling myself, “it’s just one win – it’s a long season”, but gheesh it’s good to be a Pen’s fan right now.

December 10, 2010 1:00 pm

spoon,I will be sure to take a few extra hits off the vodka flask for ya while I’m freezing my donkey omelets in the stands….

19. Pensgirl
    December 10, 2010 1:29 pm

For the love of God, DON’T TALK ABOUT IT!! Don’t you know how superstitious we hockey people are? There is nothing happening, avert your eyes, pay no attention to the men behind the jersey.

*Whistles and looks around nonchalantly*