1. Internet, my house is actually out of milk and toilet paper. So I have to send my husband to the grocery store for milk and toilet paper. During a snow “event.”
I am strongly considering telling him to pick up bread as well, just so he can look like one of those snOMG-fools at the register with only milk, bread, and toilet paper in their hands and the fear of God’s wrath in their eyes.
If I were very brave, I’d tell him to throw a box of condoms on the belt too and then snap a picture of the cashier’s face.
2. For months now, when you search for anything on the Post-Gazette’s website via their search box, it spits out PG-blog post after PG-blog post in the results. Finding an actual news article has become ludicrously difficult, so I’ve been using Google’s site specific search for the time being.
But seriously, P-G, get on that like french fries on a chicken salad from a pizza place already.
3. Here’s a website Woy first showed me, Yinzpiration, in which the writer of the blog, Kate Showalter (who is beautiful), interviews Burghers who have compelling backgrounds and/or stories and/or experiences.
I’m particularly in love with her latest interview subject, Jesse Landis-Eigsti, who recently moved to Pittsburgh and who wrote a Super Mario Bros. opera.
I also learned he has a blog, Jesse Reviews the World, and just a quick read of the first few posts, it is one of the most well-written blogs I’ve ever read.
Tickets are those random acts of unkindness that seem to signify that your worst suspicions about the world are true: yes, the Man hates you; yes, you are singled out for punishment; and no, there is no frigging Santa Claus.
I’m a new fan of both Yinzpiration and Jesse Landis-Eigsti.
I wonder how you pronounce Eigsti.
I’m going with Eye-g-stee.
It is now so.
4. Make-A-Wish Foundation of Greater Pennsylvania, obviously one of my most favorite charities, is making it SUPER easy for you to donate a few bucks to sick kids this Christmas.
To make a one-time $5 donation, supporters can text WISH to 90999 anytime throughout the month of December and can donate up to five times per phone number. The donation of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your prepaid account.
Easy peasy! Awesome.
6. A traveling acupuncturist shared her experiences servicing several Steelers, including the 300 needles James Harrison takes:
She spends roughly 12 hours each Thursday treating at least 10 players at Farrior’s house, where the Steelers hold their men’s “spa night” featuring acupuncture. Ripi cooks dinner for them, and they play cards while they wait turns. She starts with nose tackle Casey Hampton at 3:30 p.m. and finishes with Harrison roughly 12 hours later.
I imagine Casey Hampton takes 600 needles the size of small harpoons.
Somebody alert the Whale Wars crew.
7. Our local beer guys at Should I Drink That have been nominated for a Podcast Award. This is a big deal!
Go vote for them in the Food and Drink category (scroll down). You don’t have to fill out the whole ballot or anything.
8. Jim Shearer kills it, as per his usual.
9. My sister Pens Fan walked into her family room the other day and found her one-year-old inside a claw toy machine. LOL. Just kidding. She found her sitting on the couch with her nose buried into a piece of literature, looking at every page intently … this piece of literature to be exact:
She’s being raised right.