Come on down.

Here’s a sentence I never thought I’d write:

Sidney Crosby will appear on the Price is Right with Alex Ovechkin.

Here are some sentences I thought I’d write before that one:

His bacne is so hot.

Got my Justin Bieber tickets in the mail today!

My pigeon’s wing is on the mend.

The sweat on Troy Polamalu’s bald head glistened in the sun.

Shut your whore mouth, Daniel Sepulveda.

The Pittsburgh Penguins have won 13 games in a row.

Tonight. Let’s go, Pens!

1. Sooska
    December 14, 2010 4:55 pm

AO better watch out when Drew Carey exhorts his audience to “spay or neuter.”

2. Butcher's Dog
    December 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Speaking of Bieber tix, let’s hope the estrogen cloud of cosmic intensity that filled CEC last night disipates enough by tomorrow to allow the Pens to host a game. Watching 40 hockey players slump to their knees for lack of oxygen would not be a fun way to spend an evening.

3. PA Girl in VA
    December 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Although I would automatically assume that Sidney is smarter than The Kraken, I’m taking comfort in knowing that The Devil himself probably won’t understand many of the questions because they’ll be in English :)

4. PA Girl in VA
    December 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Wait, big DUH!! I’ve got Jeopardy on the brain (oh could you imagine THAT train wreck???). Still, I say the language barrier will give Sid an edge.

5. Cassie
    December 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Are they going to be contestants or co-hosting? Either way, it’ll be crystal clear who’s the fugly one.

For one day, Drew Carey will look hot to me, what with him standing next to Ove.

6. Alexander Mikhailovich Ovechkin
    December 14, 2010 6:15 pm

Come down to ze twon I comes from; byutifull Moskva! Ve have many prostitutski for your bouncey-bouncey time. Free passes to Soviet-era theme park “Stand-in-line-for-toilet-paper-Land”. Get Wee-I-P tour of famous Gloom Factory. Stay in 6-Star hotel, or iz it Motel Seeks? If you wery, wery lucky, I let you look me in eye and I not punch you. All dis can be yourz eef Price iz Right!

7. Suburban Nor'Side Girl
    December 14, 2010 6:25 pm

@Butcher’s Dog – Not to worry, I don’t think Bieber’s fans are old enough to produce estrogen

8. bluzdude
    December 14, 2010 7:37 pm

I think Sid will win. Everyone knows Ovie won’t pay the price it takes to go home with a Cup.

9. debbiebear51
    December 14, 2010 8:56 pm

I’ll be sure to tune in just to see how much makeup they had to use on Ovechkin’s NOSE!!!! (While drinking a White Russian without a cup….
    OVECHKIN!!!!!!!)

10. Different Brian
    December 14, 2010 10:15 pm

So does that mean Ovie will make what he thinks is the perfect bid and flash his giant gap toothed grin and celebrate excessively, then Sid will go after him and hit it exactly, and run on-stage and lift Drew Carey over his head and take a lap around the stage, while Ovie pouts and shoves a cameraman?

Oh, I guess they will just appear, not play.

11. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    December 14, 2010 10:53 pm

The article say Sid and Ovie, along with Jeremy Roeick will introduce/promote Winter Classic themed showcases. Wonder if Roenick will cry.

December 15, 2010 12:45 am

Free passes to Soviet-era theme park “Stand-in-line-for-toilet-paper-Land”.

Nyet. The Russian theme park is Chernobyl.

Seriously, comrade:

By MARIA DANILOVA
    Associated Press
    Mon Dec 13, 6:25 pm ET
    KIEV, Ukraine – Want a better understanding of the world’s worst nuclear disaster? Come tour the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. Beginning next year, Ukraine plans to open up the sealed zone around the Chernobyl reactor to visitors who wish to learn more about the tragedy that occurred nearly a quarter of a century ago, the Emergency Situations Ministry said Monday.

Chernobyl’s reactor No. 4 exploded on April 26, 1986, spewing radiation over a large swath of northern Europe. Hundreds of thousands of people were resettled from areas contaminated with radiation fallout in Ukraine, Belarus and Russia. Related health problems still persist.

The so-called exclusion zone, a highly contaminated area within a 30-mile (48-kilometer) radius of the exploded reactor, was evacuated and sealed off in the aftermath of the explosion. All visits were prohibited.

13. NewBurgher
    December 15, 2010 10:12 am

@bucdaddy – having just been to Ukraine a couple years ago to adopt our son, I gotta tell you that calling anything in Ukraine “Russian” will not win you any friends. Quite the contrary. As you can imagine quite an animosity exists between the two countries and always has. Occupying someone’s country does that to people LOL

However, I did have to laugh at the line about standing in line for toilet paper, funny part being that even after you get the paper, none of us here would dream of using it. I’m pretty sure it’s made of recycled cardboard and retains much of its former characteristics.

I had always loved my country, but after experiencing Ukraine for 38 days, it renewed my passion for the great place we live and how fortunate we are here. Merry Christmas everyone!

14. parkingchair
    December 15, 2010 11:05 am

JINX!

December 15, 2010 11:37 am

NewBurgher,

I realized my error after I posted, though I’m sure the Ukraine secret police have me on a list now. Read “Russian” as “Soviet-era.”

16. spoon
    December 15, 2010 12:19 pm

@bucdaddy you need some JC in your life.

I shot a man in Reno
    Just to watch him die
    When I hear that whistle blowin’
    I hang my head and cry

17. Cathy
    December 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Bieber tix now that would be weird…
    sure leave us in the lurch until after the holidays!!
    What am I going to do with all my time off if not reading your blog??
    Well if you are going to be that way,
    Have a Merry Christmas! and a Happy New Year!

18. Monty
    December 16, 2010 5:47 pm

In the words of the great Jack Bogut, have yourself a farkleberry christmas.

19. BeauJacques
    December 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Happy Festivus to all! :-)

This needs to be passed around this holiday season to everyone who has the keys to a motor vehicle.

It is one of the most intense and powerful commercials that I’ve ever seen (and I’ve seen a few thousand) and it is spectacularly well crafted.

Australia should be complemented for having the guts to “show it like it is” , getting this campaign out to all of its drivers by airing it nationwide on TV and in cinemas … this will have a tremendous impact on all who see it.

Please pass this along to all of your friends … their life could depend on it.

Please pass this along to all of your friends … their life could depend on it.