You’re sine is rong.

Here’s a tip for free. If you’re going to hang a sign up in your business window celebrating the departure of a local official whom you greatly disliked, and you’re going to let a local newspaper snap a picture for all posterity of you grinning like a proud fool next to that sign, and if you’re going to have whatever it is you printed on that sign made into t-shirts for sale at your local t-shirt shop …

PROOFREAD THAT SHIT.

I’ve seen LOLcats with better grammar.

January 3, 2011 12:25 pm

I’d like to offer my services as a free-lance sign copy editor. My fee is $100 a word, $500 for each word that actually needs to be corrected.

My agent, Virginia, knows how to reach me.

2. Monty
    January 3, 2011 12:38 pm

Don’t hate. Bizarro Hemingway is fly.

3. jdp
    January 3, 2011 12:46 pm

At least our was our and not are! Using IRL examples from supervisors at my work.

4. Pensgirl
    January 3, 2011 1:53 pm

You’re/your mixups are sadly pervasive, but “ridence?” Is that the act of riding off into the sunset?

5. LaReina
    January 3, 2011 1:53 pm

Is he talking about Donn or Don or Dawn or Dahhwwwnn? It’s a mystery, given the other misspellings.

6. Lizzy
    January 3, 2011 2:30 pm

Haha – Did anyone else happen to catch the big misspelled word on the big above road signs over the parkway on New Year’s eve that read “Be Safe, Don’t Drive IMPARED” – I laughed at this at first and then realized how awful it might make PGH look, considering all of the out of towners that were in for the Winter Classic – Apparently whoever typed it might have been IMPARED at the time!

7. Silica
    January 3, 2011 3:44 pm

@Lizzy – I get really irritated whenever I ride the T and it has that warning message (I forget what it says exactly – if I used it to commute I would probably have it memorized and it would be slowly eating its way into my brain by now) that says “vechile” rather than “vehicle.” It always pops up crossing the Mon on the way to Station Square. Drives. Me. Batty.

I like being independent enough to spell words on my own, but you’d think for official messages of any kind there would be SOME kind of review process (even if it’s “copy this into Word and look for red squiggly lines.”)

8. Cassie
    January 3, 2011 4:30 pm

Spell check yourself before you wreck yourself!

9. pghsciencenerd
    January 3, 2011 4:37 pm

The first thing that came to my mind when I read that sign was “ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.”

10. Valerie
    January 4, 2011 8:27 pm

OMG. Can I please have a red pen??