Chain of events:
- City cop, with a history of aggressiveness and questionable behavior, gets drunk on the South Side while off duty. His behaviors that required citizen board review prior to this night included violent altercations and pressuring his wife to file false sexual abuse claims against the grandparents of her children.
- Drunk city cop claims man assaulted him.
- After pistol whipping innocent man, shoving his gun into the eye socket of the innocent man, and shooting the innocent man in the hand, cop sits on sidewalk and twirls his pistol on his finger like he’s Yosemite Sam.
- It is determined that the cop was never assaulted by innocent man.
- Cop gets suspended.
- Man, who now has bullet fragments in his hand, files lawsuit against City of Pittsburgh.
So far, this story is following the exact path I would expect it to. Like a movie script.
Until this line. This line here is the part in the story where my brain goes KABLOOEY, my eyelids go BLLLLLLLLL and my mouth goes, “WTF?” This is the part in Sixth Sense where you realize Bruce Willis is dead. This is the part in The Others when you realize they’re all ghosts. The part in Toy Story 3 when you realize that Lotso Bear is evil.
Officer Abel was suspended but returned to his job a year later after an arbitrator ruled in his favor.
This is an automatically generated message informing you that Virginia cannot finish this post due to the fact that her brain just exploded knowing that such a violent offender is still on the force and being paid to serve and protect the people of Pittsburgh. She also muttered something about God help us all and somebody kill all the pigeons for me.