Chef Boyardee wasn’t here

Now that it’s not a threat anymore, I can admit the story of the bomb scare that happened  in downtown Pittsburgh this afternoon gave me quite the chuckle.

I’m not normally such a skeptic or anything, but when my sister called me to make sure my husband wasn’t downtown (He wasn’t. He’s suffering from either the flu or Mon-river-swimming-induced tuberculosis. [TOLD YOU SO]) and to tell me a man ran his car into a construction zone not far from the restaurant, knelt down to pray and walked away, and that his car was being checked for a bomb, I thought, “I bet this will be another pasta incident. A suspicious package that they’ll detonate only to find themselves covered with exploded bits of beefaroni or Spaghettios or something.”

When I read that after the man parked his car, he kissed the ground before running into McDonald’s, I thought, “Sounds like someone SERIOUSLY needed a Big Mac.”

What?

I’ve been on a diet for eight days now. This is pretty much how I plan to act the next time I pull into a Chick-Fil-A parking lot.

You’ve been warned.

1. Sooska
    January 7, 2011 5:42 pm

According to a TV report by a Pittsburgh cop, “he went through some suspicious gyrations.” Are there any other kind in Pittsburgh?

Apparently this poor soul asked for an “Amen” at the Fairmont, and no one responded; then he was caught and committed.

2. JenG
    January 7, 2011 5:46 pm

I hear you. I’m honoring my new year’s resolution and have lost 2 pounds this week, but I’m ready to eat my stapler!

3. SpudMom
    January 7, 2011 6:32 pm

Chik-fil-a pulled out of that ad campaign a few days ago but that they would consider it in the first place is enough.

4. dand
    January 7, 2011 8:12 pm

Wow — I guess I’ll avoid Chick-fil-A now (not that there’s many around here anyways).

Also, I hate how patently false statements like “You can never be too careful” (by chief McCauley) get reported without any opposing viewpoints.

5. Different Brian
    January 8, 2011 12:53 am

Yea, cause that chick-fil-a link from a blog with no hits overreacting to a national company’s local representatives giving a few free sandwiches out to drive up their own anemic page views is *totally* relevant to the weirdo downtown today.

Heres a 20, K. Your demons are removed! Can I get an amen?

{crickets}

{leaves}

{gets tackled}

January 8, 2011 5:44 pm

I won’t be avoiding Chik because of whom they associate with, but because … who puts pickles on a chicken sandwich?

But lots of people must like it that way. When the one down the street from me opened, people here acted like they’d never seen a chicken sammich before.

7. Greg
    January 10, 2011 9:09 am

I never let politics get in the way of a good meal.

8. Shibori
    January 10, 2011 10:28 am

More importantly, Bucdaddy, who puts the pickles UNDER the chicken, where a pickle-phobe like me would never think to look for them?

As to the faux-bomber guy, I’ve been in that McDonalds, and I agree with him that they need to get rid of their demons. And most of their customers and staff.