Fire that ad agency.

I am a coupon clipper. I mean, I’m not one of those ladies you see standing in the bread aisle with a three-ring binder complete with an index of coupons using the Dewey Decimal System, not that there’s anything wrong with that, but I usually have five to ten coupons stuffed in my purse for the things I most often buy.

Why pay full price for GoGurt, youknowwhaahsayin’? [throws signs]

Anyway, I encountered in the Post-Gazette this Sunday the creepiest coupon ad that ever did creep up my neck and make my skin crawl:

That’s weird, right?

Somewhere there is a pimp seriously thinking about buying this stuff in bulk, because adding “sex on demand, 24/7, no grogginess” to his list of services would just skyrocket his ho business.

1. bluzdude
    January 11, 2011 10:37 am

Yeah, that leopard-print teddy was made to promote a good night’s sleep…

2. Magnus Patris
    January 11, 2011 10:53 am

I believe the gentleman is wearing a “wife-beater”. Plus does he look more like her dad? That is all.

3. gunnlino
    January 11, 2011 10:54 am

Yeah, that and the wife beater makes for the image of a loving bed time image. All it needs is a couple of crushed beer cans on the night stand.

4. Emily
    January 11, 2011 11:04 am

I saw that! I thought I was going crazy for having to look at it several times to figure out that yes, I’m not insane, and no, this product isn’t really for some sexual dysfunction.

Speaking of coupon clipping, watch Extreme Couponers on TLC if you can! It’s insane the amount of work people put into saving money. But heck, I know I’d like to pay $8 for $1000 worth of groceries.

…who needs $1000 in groceries though?

5. jann
    January 11, 2011 11:20 am

This is also an ad on tv- even more creepy!
    However, Midnite really does work! (The original – haven’t tried the PM)

January 11, 2011 11:25 am

Rowr.

7. Leigh
    January 11, 2011 12:25 pm

I also had to do a second (or third) look at this ad to figure out what they were advertising. The ad campaign worked as far as getting people to check it out and to discuss it, but it is still creepy!

@Emily, I watched Extreme Couponing on TLC once and was glued to the TV. It is great that these people can score 120 boxes of elbow macaroni without paying a penny, but then what? Unless they have a family like the Duggars of 20 people (or whatever they are up to)or they are donating it to others or charity, why do you need that much macaroni? I wish the people profiled on the show would have explained what they do with all the stuff they get for free or for mere pennies. One guy did say he was giving away his 1100 boxes of Total cereal he got for free to a food pantry. That’s impressive!

8. #1 WI Steeler Fan
    January 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Looks like those wedding rings on both of them were added after the pic was taken. But I have to agree, those are pretty creepy looking people.

9. Joe K.
    January 11, 2011 1:32 pm

It’s “Not habit forming.”

Good to know.

10. Katy
    January 11, 2011 2:10 pm

had the exact same reaction as i was snipping out the 3M coupons opposite that creepy ad.

11. Monty
    January 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Remind me not to play You Can’t Guess What My Bedroom Looks Like with Gunnlino.

12. Beth
    January 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Did you ever see the tv ad for the cami secret? It is an insert you can pin into a low cut shirt. The ad has this creepy boss looking down his secretary’s shirt. Kinda looks like the husband in this sleep aid ad.

13. emilie
    January 12, 2011 10:59 am

creepy.

however, I fully admit to being one of those coupon clippers with her three ring binder. you wouldn’t believe how my coupons savings has increased since I started doing that. I am no extreme coupon queen, but we do end up saving more because now I can easily locate all of my coupons for use while shopping. I get stopped at least once every trip by someone telling me what a good idea it is. I cna’t take credit. My friend gave me the idea, but I don’t knock it. Last time I went to Target I saved $27 using just coupons. And I am brand loyal. So $27 is good for us. It’s bought dinner that night!

14. Heather
    January 14, 2011 2:29 am

Personally, I think that if your partner is a good enough lover, you shouldn’t need a sleep aid, am I right??? :)